Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Update 1.07 - Time control, LotR-style pipeweed and tons of toys.  (Read 14377 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Update 1.07 - Time control, LotR-style pipeweed and tons of toys.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 08:14:33 am »

Generally speaking how are people going about updating their client? I've been downloading a new one and resetting the options manually.
Thats how it works. I'm not smart enough to add an auto-update functionality. Sorry, I just mod raws. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 10:16:11 am »

Generally speaking how are people going about updating their client? I've been downloading a new one and resetting the options manually.
This is how I do it.  I typically screw up my install a couple times a week so I just keep a clean copy of the .zip around and start from scratch when I've managed to populate my errorlog.txt.  Preserving options across installs is of limited value because the available options are always changing from version to version anyway, plus often times if you're reinstalling to regain functionality or stability your options are the source of the problem anyway so starting from defaults and editing from there is a good policy.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 10:32:34 am »

daisha, if you have errorlogs, please post them.  ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 11:09:33 am »

daisha, if you have errorlogs, please post them.  ;)

This is my latest, it's pretty representative of my standard errorlog.txt.  milk of lime, quicklime, parchment and peat are the usual suspects.  Again, note that I'm playing on Linux via wine, so some of these may be unique errors related to cross-platform differences or errors in the implementation of various windows features in wine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:14:02 am by daisha »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 11:17:42 am »

No, they are helpful. These three missing inorganics are part of inorganic_other.txt, which is unique to each tileset. I added the new entries to the default tileset, but not to the ones for other tileset.

My assumption: You are not playing with the default tileset.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 11:46:17 am »

No, they are helpful. These three missing inorganics are part of inorganic_other.txt, which is unique to each tileset. I added the new entries to the default tileset, but not to the ones for other tileset.

My assumption: You are not playing with the default tileset.

Indeed.  In Masterwork I use Mayday w/Phoebus colors and Dungeon text through TWBT.  My favorite tileset for vanilla is Gemset, though, and I'd be most excited to see it included in Masterwork.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:47:59 am by daisha »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 11:52:34 am »

Gemset is amazing, but I have two issues with it:
1. it heavily uses twbt and I'd need to teach my GUI to also copy/merge override files.
2. it has creature sprites for all vanilla creatures, but for none of the mod creature. This will make those stand out like a sore thumb, since they still use their normal sprites.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 12:01:23 pm »

Gemset is amazing, but I have two issues with it:
1. it heavily uses twbt and I'd need to teach my GUI to also copy/merge override files.
2. it has creature sprites for all vanilla creatures, but for none of the mod creature. This will make those stand out like a sore thumb, since they still use their normal sprites.

Hm.  That's a bummer.  I guess even using a normal 16 px tile from another quality set would look pretty awful next to the 24 px gemset tiles.  My pixel art doesn't really qualify as such or I'd volunteer to make a supplemental tileset.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 12:50:08 pm »

Keep in mind that the original timestream code was written before DF2014's world activation.  I'm not sure how it interacts with stuff like wandering armies and visitors.  Watch out for bugs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 01:03:58 pm »

Keep in mind that the original timestream code was written before DF2014's world activation.  I'm not sure how it interacts with stuff like wandering armies and visitors.  Watch out for bugs.
Thank you for the head-up.

I also looked into porting the warlocks, but its even more  :'( :'( :'( because IMMOBILE creatures no longer use interactions. That means no soul wisps, monoliths that resurrect the dead, pylon system, standards, none of the "pasture thing here and it does AOE effect".

Same holds true for dwarven landmines and turrets btw, which is why there are none in the new mod.

Needs More Pickles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 01:50:20 pm »

I also looked into porting the warlocks, but its even more  :'( :'( :'( because IMMOBILE creatures no longer use interactions. That means no soul wisps, monoliths that resurrect the dead, pylon system, standards, none of the "pasture thing here and it does AOE effect".

Same holds true for dwarven landmines and turrets btw, which is why there are none in the new mod.
Would it be possible to just make them really, really slow so they're effectively immobile?

On another note, something is a little buggy with my onLoad.init file. I have pretty much all the mods enabled except those that add equipment or vermin. The last few lines of the file are as follows, make note of the last partial line:
Code: [Select]
<stuff that looks fine then a whole bunch of creature stuff like the next line>
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName CREATE_MALE_SNAIL_MAN -command [ modtools/create-unit-friendly -race SNAIL_MAN -caste MALE -civId a -groupId a -location [ \\LOCATION ] -name FOREST -age 18 ]

# kobold mode
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName BREEDING -syndrome -command [ empregnate \\WORKER_ID ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName WEATHER_CLEAR_KOBOLD -syndrome -command [ weather clear ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName WEATHER_RAIN_KOBOLD -syndrome -command [ weather rain ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName WEATHER_SNOW_KOBOLD -syndrome -command [ weather snow ]

###
ools/reaction-trigger -reactionName WEATHER_SNOW_KOBOLD -syndrome -command [ weather snow ]

###
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:53:20 pm by Needs More Pickles »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 01:55:07 pm »

I'm aware of those. The GUI sometimes copies fragments of the last line again, its harmless. It just throws one error message at the dfhack startup, thats it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 03:46:41 pm »

Thank you for the head-up.

If you're looking to rebuild the warlocks, might I suggest taking a look at my soulshuffle script?  It would be right up their alley and is EXTREMELY flexible.  Uh, assuming it still works, that is.
As I discovered later, constructing creatures using reagent materials doesn't actually work the way I thought it did, but everything else should function.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 06:43:50 pm »

I started porting humans, its more realistic to do those first. Warlocks/Necromancers are more complex.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 06:58:21 pm »

I started porting humans

And there was much rejoicing!  I must be a real square to be waiting on the human update in particular, but I prefer building to digging.  :'P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4