Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Update 1.07 - Time control, LotR-style pipeweed and tons of toys.  (Read 14701 times)

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.07 - Time control, LotR-style pipeweed and tons of toys.
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 11:06:26 pm »

Slightly offtopic but I've made too many topics and don't want to flood the forums - whats the in game green questionmark status "?" stand for?
LP'er

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 03:49:26 am »

Slightly offtopic but I've made too many topics and don't want to flood the forums - whats the in game green questionmark status "?" stand for?
It depends on what tileset you're using.  If you want to see what's going on with a particular dwarf flashing a status, loo(k) at the dwarf flashing the status to learn his/her name, then browse the (u)nit menu and see what job that dwarf is doing.  Usually it'll be something like drinking, eating, or sleeping, but more rarely it's something like partying (which you might stop by removing the designation of the meeting hall in which they're partying) or an injury (make sure someone has doctoring labors enabled.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 10:04:53 am »

It depends on what tileset you're using.  If you want to see what's going on with a particular dwarf flashing a status, loo(k) at the dwarf flashing the status to learn his/her name, then browse the (u)nit menu and see what job that dwarf is doing.  Usually it'll be something like drinking, eating, or sleeping, but more rarely it's something like partying (which you might stop by removing the designation of the meeting hall in which they're partying) or an injury (make sure someone has doctoring labors enabled.)
Nope.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Status_icon

? is always No Job/Destination, its when the dwarf tries to do something, but has to cancel because something is missing. For example he wants to work in workshop X, but that one was just razed by a buildingdestroyer.

Its the same across all tilesets.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 10:17:17 am »

Gemset is amazing, but I have two issues with it:
1. it heavily uses twbt and I'd need to teach my GUI to also copy/merge override files.
2. it has creature sprites for all vanilla creatures, but for none of the mod creature. This will make those stand out like a sore thumb, since they still use their normal sprites.
The sprites in The Earth Strikes Back are 32x32.  And ugly, because most are scaled-down versions of 128x128 Stonesense sprites that were already ugly at that size.  They aren't going to look any better or worse based on the player's tileset :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 12:20:09 pm »

I just found it a little odd I've never had a green ? I've seen red ? for pasturing animals e.g. pathfinding update, and blue ? for when they're doing new tasks.
LP'er

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 01:49:01 pm »

I just found it a little odd I've never had a green ? I've seen red ? for pasturing animals e.g. pathfinding update, and blue ? for when they're doing new tasks.

It may be that you're using a different colorset than you have in the past, and the same blue ? you've always seen is now appearing green to you?  Or have you changed displays or your display settings?

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 04:17:30 pm »

Nope been using phoebus tileset forever, they just go about in meeting area's doing tasks etc with a green ? coming up and it rotates between 2-3 people every now and again, I still have the blue and red's but with a green thrown in now and again hummm doesnt matter i guess its not really hampering me in any way.
LP'er

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 04:55:49 pm »

If you can pause it while the green ? is up you can always go to the unit list and see what that dwarf is up to.  That might narrow it down at least.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2016, 08:43:23 pm »

any plans on re-adding or re-implimenting gnomes?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2016, 04:21:23 am »

any plans on re-adding or re-implimenting gnomes?
I can't, but IndigoFenix, the author, said he maybe would. If the scripts can be updated and he finds the time and motivation to do it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:51 pm »

Are these updates save compatible, because I dont want to restart my orc fortress?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2016, 04:05:12 pm »

Are these updates save compatible, because I dont want to restart my orc fortress?
Of course you can continue your orc fortress playing on 1.06. None of the changes in this version affect orcs in any way, these are for dwarf mode. ;)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 06:11:39 pm »

So does this mean Earth Strikes Back is fixed in this release? Cause if so, that's lovely.  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 06:14:18 pm »

So does this mean Earth Strikes Back is fixed in this release? Cause if so, that's lovely.  :)
I got a report on Reddit for this version that said that a CTD happened just after The-Earth-Strikes-Back spawned a unit... so... maybe? I dont know why it would crash, neither does Dirst. I hope the next update will fix it for good, he send me another version of create-unit with more stuff for history of units.

I really cant say.

Have you ever played humans? Because they are coming on friday.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2016, 06:17:41 pm »

I have not, but once my initial turn in Braveworks is taken care of, I wouldn't mind to play them for the story fort.

I did want to play the legacy version, but I just never got around to it more than once (which ended in disaster because I neglected this silly thing called water... A first for me really, but a hot biome with no river? Not a good combo.)

And funny you should mention them, I'm starting to chip away at my kingdom humies thing. Do the MW humans still have that cave adaptation mechanic?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4