Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Update 1.07 - Time control, LotR-style pipeweed and tons of toys.  (Read 14373 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

::: Current version: V.1.07 - Updated 24th June 2016 - For DF.42.06 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

Hey guys,

As always, a new Friday, a new release.

This week I added two new options to the GUI, you can either reduce all toys to a standardized "toy" item or add almost 100 new toys for more flavour.

Spoiler: New toys (click to show/hide)

The two other additions are for the birthday of Jason, one of the Patrons that support the mod. He requested the Antikythera mechanism and asked if its possible to do pipeweed, pipes, smoking, that sort of thing.

The antikythera mechanism is a 2200 year old greek calender/computer, which can now control the timeflow in dwarf mode.

There are two types of pipeweed, sweet galena and deep galena, one is a surface plant you can buy from humans or elves, the other an underground plant used by dwarves.

You process the pipeweed and create pipeweed leaves in bags; make a wooden pipe in the craftsdwarf; and then you smoke it. Dwarves take a break in either kitchen or still to enjoy their smoke. It gives them a positive thought.

Please post suggestions and give me feedback, it really helps with the mod. Thank you!

Patreon: It's possible to support the mod with a monthly donation; Patrons can request nicknames for engravings, custom items and mod features as rewards. This week 4 more Patrons joined; adding $12 to the pot. :)

Cheers,
Meph

PS: This is a smaller update but I have not been idle. I talked with other authors of major mods about a possible "Previews" tab in the GUI. It would add small parts of massive mods or total conversions with background info and link to their thread and authors. That way people can install them quickly, have a look, and if they like the content, download and play the mods proper.

Masterwork has the majority of mod users, I thought this would be a nice idea to give exposure to the other large mods, hopefully motivating more people to try them out. :)

PPS: I also fixed create-unit, which means succubus summoning; hermit mode and everything else that spawns units works again.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:59:14 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.07 - Time control, LotR-style pipeweed and tons of toys.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 02:48:01 pm »

Something about the smoking being done in the kitchen and still bothers me, it feels like it's the wrong place. Some kind of opium den room or hookah building might be more fitting in my opinion.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:50:21 pm »

I thought about a new room, but I didnt want to add one just for something this minor. I'm thinking about a few more reactions that influence toughts, like relaxing, reading, drinking fancy wines/beers, that sort of thing. A lounge, so to speak.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 04:19:37 pm »

Why not add it to the ashery then?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 04:24:37 pm »

Dirst just told me about a typo in create-unit, I upload a hotfix. Otherwise hermit mode and a lot of succubus stuff doesnt work.

It had this:
local hf = df.global.history.figures.all[u.hist_figure_id]
instead of
local hf = df.global.world.history.figures.all[u.hist_figure_id]

::)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 06:27:32 pm »

Dirst just told me about a typo in create-unit, I upload a hotfix. Otherwise hermit mode and a lot of succubus stuff doesnt work.

It had this:
local hf = df.global.history.figures.all[u.hist_figure_id]
instead of
local hf = df.global.world.history.figures.all[u.hist_figure_id]

::)

There is a variant of create-unit called create-unit-friendly that should also be updated.  I think the latter one is unique to Masterwork?  The same typo is there as well.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 06:44:34 pm »

I fixed all three. the friendly one, the normal one, and the one in raws from the succubi mode.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 06:54:45 pm »

Wow!  This update really speeds up box selection for construction!  I was quite surprised to see my perimeter wall designation appear almost instantly.  If you've been avoiding box selection because it's so slow, give it another chance.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 07:03:53 pm »

Wow!  This update really speeds up box selection for construction!  I was quite surprised to see my perimeter wall designation appear almost instantly.  If you've been avoiding box selection because it's so slow, give it another chance.
?

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 07:43:38 pm »

?
In previous versions, using the box selection mode for designating construction provided by DFHack would take huge amounts of time when designating a construction larger than 10x10.  It was so bad I've fallen into the habit of only using the box selection mode for a huge perimeter wall, and I'd plan to take a break while it designated the construction.  This time it didn't even take 2 seconds to designate an 80x60 wall.  I assume a DFHack update or some miscellaneous lua script cleanup has improved the process time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 07:52:10 pm »

No changes on any of that.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 02:37:08 am »

I thought about a new room, but I didnt want to add one just for something this minor. I'm thinking about a few more reactions that influence toughts, like relaxing, reading, drinking fancy wines/beers, that sort of thing. A lounge, so to speak.
I like. For what it's worth, I think that seems like a good idea.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.07 - Time control, LotR-style pipeweed and tons of
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 06:04:47 am »

I don't really think it's minor - it can be quite a feature in itself. That lounge is a good idea too.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 06:14:15 am »

? i did box selection for my forts overland celing, 15000 blocks. it took a reasonable 60 seconds... back in 1.05

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 07:59:38 am »

Generally speaking how are people going about updating their client? I've been downloading a new one and resetting the options manually.
LP'er
Pages: [1] 2 3 4