Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dungeons & Kingdoms (real-time sim, rp, casual)  (Read 2577 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Dungeons & Kingdoms (real-time sim, rp, casual)
« on: June 24, 2016, 04:30:01 pm »

Quote from: intro cinematic
"BOUNTY: 10,000 GOLD COINS FOR REMOVAL OF BLACKCLAW DUNGEON"
The ranger scanned over the king's letter. It was ridiculous there was no way he was going to do this. If not for the warrior and thief with him. For he knew the thief was going to do it without either of them getting to it, the warrior was going to do it for honor, and he was going to do it because he's never seen it.

... ... ... thump thump. The droning filled the dusty catacombs. The Warlock had gotten used to it, it was almost a lullaby at this point as he thumbed through the pages of his dark tome, licking his long spider like fingers with each page turn. There was suddenly activity. An alarm of motion. Creatures of all the darkest concoctions scampered past him on their way to fresher air. It was time to do some practical arts for his talents. By the sound and sustaining nature of the commotion, it would be a challenge, if he were to fight fair...

Welcome!
Choose to rule the lands above or below, and fight the forces on both, or make alliances.
Kingdoms have better units
Dungeons have linear, and thus better defenses
RP with rules emerging as needed.
All units are either from or closely inspired by the games Majesty and Dungeon Keeper(series').
Real time unit and structure building.

Rules
  • Hostile scenarios can be settled between all parties in any way that they all agree upon. However for reference for default, see the supplemental reference. Units away from home can be destroyed by a sufficiently large force or coalition if you do not respond for 24 hours, attackers losing no units(surprise attack).
  • All players start with a brand new kingdom or dungeon with starting units and structures. You then may gain such things in real time as allowed in the reinforcements reference.
  • Any kingdom structure can be the target of an attack(no walls). However when attacking a dungeon the keeper must reveal what the first and each next room is. Invaders can skip two rooms for each 24 hours the keeper doesn't respond(shortcut).
  • Trap rooms should be an inconvenience but too hard and a player can brute force their way through by sacrificing 2 heroes or 5 rabble to destroy the room.

#Supplemental Reference#
There are three types of combat units. Rabble, Hero, and Champion. If forces on either side are great enough to kill the units on the other, the owner of those units decides which dies. A tie will favor the player commanding the most diverse Army.
  • Rabble: guards and most dungeon units.
  • Hero: can defeat 3 rabble units without dying. A dungeon may promote one rabble to a hero who destroyed a castle or dungeon heart, or seduce one with a torture chamber(defeat to capture).
  • Champion: a unit who has destroyed a castle or dungeon heart or killed the current champion. Worth 2 heroes, limit 1 per game.
  • Units can be gifted to another player. If a hero's guild is destroyed, another kingdom can steal him if they have an inn and sufficient space. Converted heroes will only we've a dungeon if it's destroyed, or the hero is tortured again in another dungeon.

#Reinforcements Reference#
You make make one fortification action per day. So if you spawn units you cannot make a building and vice versa.

Once per day (Keeper)
  • build a room(10 cap): Trap, Lair, Torture Chamber
  • spawn 10 rabble(50 cap)
  • convert 2 prisoners to your army. (2 per T.C. cap)

Once per day (Majesty)
  • begin building an inn, guild, guardhouse. Or finish one started previously.
  • recruit up to 3 heroes.

You can have 5 heroes of each guild in your kingdom.
You can have 5 heroes from other kingdom's guilds for each inn you own.
You can have 4 guilds. Inns are part of this limit.
You can have 5 guardhouses. You get 2 guards for each guard house. They are replaced If lost each new day. They cannot leave your kingdom.
A defeated unit can be held as a prisoner in a guardhouse instead of killed. 1 prisoner per guardhouse.
Buildings can be destroyed if you cannot sufficiently defend them. Invading forces must successfully destroy a guardhouse before attacking a guild and must successfully destroyed guild before attacking the castle.

#Misc. Guidelines#
  • Results can be determined by bargaining, coin flips, and arbitration from a defender chosen player. Efforts made to reference game elements to one's advantage should be acknowledged by an opponent unless they have a superior example to counter it.
  • You can use non-combat npc units at will. Try to create a scenario.
Spoiler: MAJESTY START (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DUNGEON KEEPER START (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dungeons & Kingdoms (click to show/hide)

STARTING OVER
If your kingdom or dungeon heart is destroyed, your first post after this happens determines the next one you build's result.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:53:15 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Majesty vs Dungeon Keeper
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 04:32:46 pm »

Today! On dungeons! It's the rosethorn dungeon! Beware goodies and evildoers alike this place is loaded. Home of bile demons, poison spitting fat demons of fart. And at the gates!? Be prepared for the skeleton army...
Awesome With Autism

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 04:44:16 pm »

Today! On dungeons! It's the rosethorn dungeon! Beware goodies and evildoers alike this place is loaded. Home of bile demons, poison spitting fat demons of fart. And at the gates!? Be prepared for the skeleton army...
The Kingdom of Good Light sends a group of 5 clerics to attempt to scout out the gates of the Rosethorn Dungeon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 05:01:40 pm »

The clerics come upon and old mountain man offering to show them the way to a secret entrance...

Guess if it's a trick or not. If it's a trick your clerics die. If it's not a trick you find the secret entrance to get past a skeleton army but I get to detect the next trick you make, or save it for another time. You do not have to accept this offer and can ignore the old man.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 05:03:42 pm »

I have pmd the correct answer to crazyabe, who ive appointed as the judge.
Awesome With Autism

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 05:10:45 pm »

looks fun
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 05:16:20 pm »

The clerics come upon and old mountain man offering to show them the way to a secret entrance...

Guess if it's a trick or not. If it's a trick your clerics die. If it's not a trick you find the secret entrance to get past a skeleton army but I get to detect the next trick you make, or save it for another time. You do not have to accept this offer and can ignore the old man.
One of the clerics attempt to cast Detect Lie on the old man.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »

((Should I Answer that? Because Bad things Will happen if I do...))
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 05:46:11 pm »

Detect Lie: a cleric spell to find if someone is telling the truth...

...but in exchange for using such a powerful spell, the individual has to rest for a day... (accept?)

If the clerics carry him they are slowed down. If they leave him he is defenseless.

If you accept 'as is' Crazy Abe may reveal the answer.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:48:45 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 05:48:37 pm »

Detect Lie: a cleric spell to find if someone is telling the truth...

...but in exchange for using such a powerful spell, the individual has to rest for a day... (accept?)

If the clerics carry him they are slowed down. If they leave him he is defenseless.
The cleric rests, carried by two other devout clerics after casting the spell. There are now four healthy clerics.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 05:51:42 pm »

The old man asks "if saying he is Lying Is telling the Truth", Causing the Clyric's Head to Explode.
It was Not a Trick
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 06:08:17 pm »

So there are two clerics burdened by the third resting cleric, and the forth  fifth sixth and seventh cleric all ready to go...?

Oh I see so you had them all sit tight and rest up.

While that was going on an imp was sent to go scout out your kingdom...

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:40:43 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 06:34:35 pm »

The clerics move on.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 06:41:15 pm »

See edit

So to clarify where we are at. You overcame the challenge without having to accept my terms so you do not owe me a trick reveal. You used an established characteristic to your advantage and paid an agreed-upon cost.... being time which I am using for my imp to get a scouting of your base.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:43:37 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: [1] 2 3 4