Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Undertale Mod [0.3]: Monster language and magic-channeling wounds  (Read 17353 times)

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale Mod - Initial release
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 12:59:27 pm »

Would like this mod more if it wasn't Undertale related.A mod like this would do well on its on and doesn't need to be attached to Underpants in my opinion.Still,it adds so much more challenge to not being able to fight and stuff that I can't just not download it.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 06:23:32 pm »

Would like this mod more if it wasn't Undertale related.A mod like this would do well on its on and doesn't need to be attached to Underpants in my opinion.Still,it adds so much more challenge to not being able to fight and stuff that I can't just not download it.

Why would changes based off of Undertale not be associated with it?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 06:56:43 pm »

To appeal to people who go out of their way to whine about others liking things they don't like because they have the social capabilities of a particularly intelligent snail.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 12:18:50 am »

Someday I will make a mod that comes entirely from my own ideas instead of being franchise based.

It will be weird.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 12:23:08 am »

I tried that once.

The game wouldn't have my shit and completely failed to break, despite my urgings.

This was what the first creature raw looked like, approximately. It loaded. It showed up in the loading screen, and the tiles went apeshit since I didn't define any for the creatures. But the game itself, somehow, decided to ignore it.

Code: [Select]
creature_creature

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:CREATURE]
[NAME:creature:creature:creature]

[CREATURE:CREATURE:CREATURE:CREATURE:CREATURE:CREATURE:CREATURE:CREATURE]

this didn't even show symptoms of duped raws, i was so disappointed

from that day forward, i decided: i won't try to break the game again, it's too tame

I know for a fact that I want things in a mod, though. DF already has things, unfortunately. Demons, angels, forgotten beasts, titans. All are very thingy. But they have descriptions that are quite descriptive. It's better not. Better not. I don't want to know what the things I'd make would look like and neither do you. ASCII has the brilliant ability to do that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:25:08 am by Putnam »

ImACatNamedGloves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 12:04:46 pm »

Hello hello!

This mod causes my Dwarf Fortress copy to crash on world gen, when generating history and finalizing sites. The crashes cause no error logs.

Anyone with the same problem here?

PD: The entity_undertale file has duplicated entities for elves, kobolds, humans and goblins. I think we have to delete it?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 09:56:43 am »

Ah, yes, you're right.  It should work if you delete everything under the monster entity.

CantaNope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 01:59:38 pm »

Hello hello!

This mod causes my Dwarf Fortress copy to crash on world gen, when generating history and finalizing sites. The crashes cause no error logs.

Anyone with the same problem here?

PD: The entity_undertale file has duplicated entities for elves, kobolds, humans and goblins. I think we have to delete it?
same exact problem: World gen freezes then closes. I have no idea how, but the absolute first time I used the mod (before removing the raw dupes), it was able to generate a world, and I wound up a blind jerry, and crashed after a short while. However, after that I was not able to generate a new world, before or after removing the raw dupes. I have one world saved that crashes when creating a character at the point where you would finish creating and start playing.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale Mod [0.2]: Less bugs, more dog
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 04:00:23 pm »

Yeah, I didn't really do a lot of testing for the first release.

This one should be much better.  I cleaned up the creature file to stop the worldgen crashes, fixed up the monsters that were unable to stand or see, and removed the duplicates from the entity file.  Worldgen works fine now and all the monsters are functional.

I also increased the potency of the bullets and slowed their firing rate so that fighting monsters is more functional.

Annoying dogs are now in the game, they are wild animals that steal items.  They are benign, but very hard to catch or kill.  Also they leave dog residue lying around sometimes.

Next I might focus on making the different monster types more unique, right now most of the animal people type monsters are pretty much the same except for their size.  Maybe write up a language file too...

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale Mod [0.3]: Monster language and magic-channeling wounds
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 06:25:34 am »

This update adds a monster language.  It also adds a mechanism where, if a monster is wounded by another monster, it unlocks their magical potential, giving them a random magic power for them and increasing their defensive power permanently (note Undyne's missing eye), and giving them the title of 'mage'.  It happens in worldgen, but is extremely rare (and most of the time it happens the injured monster dies in that very fight).  Fire and snow monsters cannot learn a special skill, but automatically start with fire and ice magic.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 12:54:43 pm »

I found a typo, I think. In CASTE_NAME.

[SELECT_CASTE:FIRE_M][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:FIRE_F]
      [CASTE_NAME:fire mosnter:fire mosnters:fire mosnter]
      [DESCRIPTION:A fiery humanoid made of dust and magic.]
      [ODOR_STRING:ashes]

Sorry if this is a bad necro. I figured it's okay, the thread was on page 2.

Edit: I think certain monsters will get negative moods from not wearing clothing they cannot equip.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:57:07 pm by DarthBoogalo »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 01:08:41 pm »

I wouldn't have found this beauty if you didn't necro the thread.

Shame that it seems like the mod... turned to dust?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 [2]