Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: specific weapon that affects an specific body part?  (Read 797 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
specific weapon that affects an specific body part?
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:49:27 am »

i want to make a race that have some creatures that can be instakilled when hit using certain weapon, is that possible? to maje some kind of "soul" body part and use a special weapon that affects it?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: specific weapon that affects an specific body part?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:51:42 am »

yes a dfhack script can easily do that. otherwise, no.

there is already a projectile-trigger script which you can use to run your code when a projectile of that particular gun hits. you probably cant control the hitzone, but the instakilling is not a big deal.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 11:20:12 am »

no, i want to make a scythe that instakills if hits a bodypart called soul. o dont have dfhack
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 11:27:06 am »

Then no, not possible.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 05:54:46 pm »

no, i mwant i will makr a creature that has that body part nd if hit will instantly die (its a ghost) i want to know if i can make a custom weapon and that it can only be affected by it

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »

Still no.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 08:09:51 am »

I know there is a tag that werewolves have that makes them take more damage from silver. Probably can't be applied to a specific bodypart though.

So no nutcracker weapon that only ever gelds either :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 10:32:54 am »

You can make a creature vulnerable to a specific material, but not a specific kind of weapon.

If you make a reaction that produces the weapon made out of the custom material, you can make a creature take a lot of extra damage from it.

For example, you can make a lightweight, nearly useless material called 'reaper', have a reaction called 'make a reaper scythe' which then creates a 'scythe' weapon made out of 'reaper'.  Then you make a ghost that is extremely tough in general but takes 10000 times the normal damage from 'reaper' material.  This creature will then be super-vulnerable to the reaper scythe, while the scythe itself will be nearly useless against anything else.

You can't make it instant-kill, but similar principle.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 03:11:51 pm »

You can make a creature vulnerable to a specific material, but not a specific kind of weapon.

If you make a reaction that produces the weapon made out of the custom material, you can make a creature take a lot of extra damage from it.

For example, you can make a lightweight, nearly useless material called 'reaper', have a reaction called 'make a reaper scythe' which then creates a 'scythe' weapon made out of 'reaper'.  Then you make a ghost that is extremely tough in general but takes 10000 times the normal damage from 'reaper' material.  This creature will then be super-vulnerable to the reaper scythe, while the scythe itself will be nearly useless against anything else.

You can't make it instant-kill, but similar principle.
that was exactly what i wanted it for, to make a scythe to kill some modded ghosts i made, thanks for the tip