Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50

Author Topic: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks [43.05]  (Read 83752 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 06:58:07 pm »

You got your PM in first, Mr Frog. So you got second like last time.

As to the second thing, that is correct.

Uhm EXCUSE YOU I was THIRD last time, your inability to keep track of every minute detail of my life is DEEPLY INSULTING TO ME and I am WITHDRAWING MY PARTICIPATION from this 5EVER

Okay! Groovy, already scribbling down notes for Ballpoint's development. I'm thinking "profiteering assholes taking advantage of East Everoc's hostile environment to gouge people for hi-tech weaponry". That sound good?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 07:14:55 pm »

You got your PM in first, Mr Frog. So you got second like last time.

As to the second thing, that is correct.

Uhm EXCUSE YOU I was THIRD last time, your inability to keep track of every minute detail of my life is DEEPLY INSULTING TO ME and I am WITHDRAWING MY PARTICIPATION from this 5EVER

Okay! Groovy, already scribbling down notes for Ballpoint's development. I'm thinking "profiteering assholes taking advantage of East Everoc's hostile environment to gouge people for hi-tech weaponry". That sound good?

That... Is actually exactly how they basically got implemented, since they sell all the actual weapon stuff (Parasol sells the some of the needed industrial tech, being a little more willing to part from it than Ballpoint.)

Go for it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 07:22:36 pm »

My question is, who brought down the gates?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:16 pm »

also turn plz

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:45 pm »

My question is, who brought down the gates?

That would be the results of two advanced, modern militaries seeking to cut off thier opponent's retreat.

Faction A blows up Faction B's megaportal or portals, and B destroys A's in retaliation without thinking.

Cue spacemen trapped on medieval death world.

also turn plz

Right. You got number.... 5.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 07:27:47 pm »

...What about Faction C?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 07:28:12 pm »

Decapitated by a mad scientist.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 07:28:41 pm »

Surely their portals would be intact, though?
Sigtext

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 07:28:56 pm »

turn turn turn

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »

I don't think any of Eris' stuff would be usable once the faction imploded. Their security was pretty tight, so they probably wouldn't leave anything behind that an outsider would be able to use.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2016, 07:38:49 pm »

Okay, order of events.

Parasol uses ELEPHANTs to destroy the whopping three megaportals Ballpoint has during massive assaults on these positions. While Ballpoint has better weapons and soldiers, Parasol overwhelms them with better airpower and plenty of expendable light infantry along with the beasts themselves.

Ballpoint survivors, thinking they can find a different out (and not realizing they're wrong and being there's only a few Asset Recovery units available, have barely any portal packs either,) sabotage the ones Parasol has, most of them being destroyed on activation. Since neither side brought more schematics than what would be needed to maintain thier combat equipment, both are left stranded or with only very small portals to get home, most of which are now unreliable at best without a Megaportal to bounce thier signals off of.

Eris had one in-dimension, and thier main base it attaches to is destroyed by a massive Ballpoint-Sewaturet-Stone Inc assault, with Parasol unwittingly being directed into their hiding places by a fourth party. Eris portals bigger than a single person are now rendered largely useless, making their small bases - now also in ruins due to this purge worthless beyond salvage and shelter to Ballpoint and Parasol.

Since both companies can build more vehicles and find more men, the survivors of the war on Everoc are left to rot by their corporate overlords. Being none the wiser and thinking they could still be rescued, they opt to make the most of things and carve out a place for themselves on Everoc.

EDIT: Okay, so I fucked something up in the raws trying to dummy out all of the large birds.

Did you guys know giant penguins could fly?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2016, 08:35:57 pm »

I just checked and it doesn't look like they actually can, at least not in vanilla. I'm now worried we might have a raw duplication error or something.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 08:46:25 pm »

I just checked and it doesn't look like they actually can, at least not in vanilla. I'm now worried we might have a raw duplication error or something.
No no, it's not that, it's just.... Apparently, somewhere, giant penguins were accidentally made a caste of peregrine falcons.

I blame Ballpoint.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 08:47:16 pm »

Oh god, its here, and its only on page two. Turn please, before this madhouse fills up.

Also, lets keep the flying penguins; Parasol's genetic engineering team has been working overtime since they escaped.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 08:55:25 pm »

Alrighty, you guys are in the  list. I'm gonna go ahead and drop myself in for the usual "How fucked are we, and can i fix it" turn.

Update on the way. Doing Slate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50