Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50

Author Topic: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks [43.05]  (Read 84790 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks [43.05]
« Reply #660 on: October 08, 2016, 03:10:52 pm »

Hey Asea, can you send me a list of all our casualties as causes of deaths? And apopulation/claimed dorf count. I need to update things.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 08, 2016, 03:58:47 pm »

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:20:21 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 08, 2016, 05:25:22 pm »

Ah, sure. Let me go do that...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 08, 2016, 06:30:28 pm »

Wait, Splint, do you need all of them? That would require me trolling through every turn looking for them. As it is, Im currently copying every dead named creature thats not a spawn or randomly named animal since I missed a few names while working on spring.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 08, 2016, 06:38:24 pm »

Just dwarves and mercenaries. If DFhack's working, you can probably get by just hovering deathcause over their names in the list.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 08, 2016, 07:24:04 pm »

Yah, I dont have DFhack working...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 10, 2016, 07:09:04 am »

So, would someone with dfhack like to help collate the list of dead/missing dwarves?

-edit-

Also, chainaxes count as swords. What madness.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:26:36 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 10, 2016, 11:41:35 am »

Audio Log transcripts from the records of AseaHeru Igathlor, Winter of 321

3rd Moonstone
 Vutok Zefonthocit, one of the survivors of the siege that was discharged for their injuries, was found dead of dehydration, a mug of drink in their hand. What a waste...

In stranger news, one of the giant penguins that somehow inhabit the region is being hunted by the Barroness. In her quarters.

4th Moonstone
 Degenerate thief spotted. First squad was sent out. Also, there was a small party to welcome Calthath Apozemel, a human bard, Rathe Yonalitharama, an elf of all things, and Nethrez Ugandipug, a human poet who was once a soldier, to the ranks of the citizenry. Rathe was then enlisted in the military.

9th Moonstone
 Zaneg Belalakrul was found dead up in a tree. Why do people keep trying to cut down trees from up them, then refuse to climb back down?

13th Moonstone
 Ballpoint's diplomat has arrived, along with a number of various eggheads. A trade caravan with the markings of Parasol arrived shortly thereafter.

15th Moonstone
 Ballpoint-marked caravan arrived.

16th Moonstone
 Parasol's diplomat arrived just as the one from ballpoint said something snarky about what a nice hole we dug out and left. Also, a caravan from the Norse lands has shown. I must admit that I was not aware that the Norsemen sent out caravans.

19th Moonstone
 A number of transient residents have submitted applications for citizenship. They have been approved.

25th Moonstone

I think one of our miners, Kubuk Asobanriz, was corrupted by the taint of Spawn, right in the center of the fortress. All military units where dispatched to fight them. Before they could get there the citizenry dogpiled the creature, with minimal injury. Cerol Zefonistbar was the most badly hurt, with her guts viable and her right leg cut open.

The guy incharge of the Ballpoint caravan left in a huff, less most of their goods. Apparently some civilians attempted to trade while the broker was asleep, and when he got up the git refused to trade for a fair profit. Afterall, as Rith says, we need this stuff. If they dont feel like taking a fair trade for it, they can have nothing for it.

Also, due to congestion in the main exit, orders have been placed to provide additional doorways.

5th Opal
 You know you live in a strange place when it snows blood.

7th Opal
 Mistem Necikcatten, another one of the discharged from the siege, was found dead almost exactly where Vutok Zefonthocit was found, and also of dehydration. Why cant people learn that when parched they should drink from their full wineskins?

10th Opal
The entirety of our military was reworked today, with a total of nine squads and 67 troops. The merc squads hold nearly all of the mercenaries(or at the least all that I could find), typically lead by a rail-carbiner in combat armor.

17th Opal

New citizen, as opposed to resident. Being somewhat skilled with a sword they joined the First Chainswords.

2nd Obsidian

Another citizenship proposal approved, another soldier for a chainsword.

4th Obsidian
 Yaknow, its strange. Going over the records of the under-age citizenry, all of the fortresses children are between one and two years of age. I find that strange, particularly as most are migrants.

11th Obsidian

Well. They are in the second cavern, which technically is open to the fortress. I dont think they can get in though.

21st Obsidian

Another two new citizens. This time not assigned to a squad, as we dont actually have a dedicated squads for them.

1st Granite, 322

Record keeping time! We currently have 152 residents of the fortress. 68 are members of the military. We have no prisoners, although two are currently subject to sentencing for violating production orders. 294 creatures have died or gone missing in our lands. 39 migrants arrived to the fortress, for a net change of seventeen.
 Six of the seven planned temples have been almost completed, with most other projects of the year set to complete themselves. Of note is the new fighting room: most of the archery gallery requires its embrasures to be carved out and the bridges that block access there are not yet finished. There are notes placed nearby and on the leaver for them, please link them up. The military has been revamped and expanded. Please ensure that armor is finished being produced for the combat armor squads.

Of note in the negative areas is the lack of labor. There are still corpses from the siege sitting in the main access path.

-OOC note-

I have not dwarfed Midday Panther, Moony or Taupe, due to preferring to dwarf people as migrants. We have a unfinished refinery in the forge levels, and all mechanics workshops are currently suspended. Also, remember to make the tamed creatures available to the citizenry, willya? Xan is still knocking around the caverns, and we still have a prisoner from the siege, do with that as you will.

Download link, should work
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:01:54 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 10, 2016, 09:27:58 pm »

43.05 has no dfhack release yet, though you might be able to pull it off a devbranch and see if it works for this.

I think penguins kill dwarves by chasing them into trees.

Dead with a mug in hands? That's....pretty obvious, but I think spearbreaker's solution would be to "throw mugs at it". Uh....

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 11, 2016, 05:31:11 pm »

Huh, guess I'm up again, huh? Right then, guess I'll get started tonight.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 12, 2016, 04:51:48 pm »

The first overseer to come back and wonder how all their plans and preparation managed to be ignored so utterly! Heh heh.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 12, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »

2nd Granite, 322

It appears I'm in charge, as I was when we arrived.

Asea's given me the Overseer's Log. Or more accurately, I woke up passed out under my bed from the new year's party and I found it in my shirt, for some reason. All the same, I must've won the year's hat drawing of command. Oh well, I suppose; time to clean the vomit off my shirt and have a looksee at what needs doing.

First order of business, was finding a new Sergeant for our mace squad. Best candidate was a woman named Boyzitbig. Seemed a little off, but friendly otherwise. Had that kind dead, soul-less stare I think. But still, she's reasonable durable and agile and lacks any deficiets to her ability to not fall on her own head according to the medical records I asked Reudh for, so she'll do the job.

Insists on being called a "Kahn" though, for some reason... I wonder if she was raised by steppe orcs? She's evidently killed at least one spawn barehanded at some point, as she lacks any skills with a weapon (though I hope her new squadmates will rectify that.)

5th Granite, 322

We have an obscene number of human entertainers in this place, and I have half a mind to kill them all. The other half though would like to avoid trouble with the many humans in the militia's ranks. I've also been informed there's some kind of nameless water man punching things in the caverns.

Additionally, I may have to murder each and every previous overseer. Because everything is RUINED! ALL THE SYMETTRY IS GONE! THE WELL-ROOM FLOODED! WE HAVE NO CRYPTS!!! A SERGEANT IS ROTTING IN THE HALL. THEY HAVE RUINED ALL THE SYMMETRY.

OH GODS WHY.

Just a simple little update, since I woke up late and I'm really not in the mood for my turn (however, I do intend to finish it or at least get to the start of fall, even if it mainly consists of making up bullshit as I go because I'm worried I might accidentally dig into someone's house or something.)

Our hospital is flooded, somehow, meaning someone forgot to close the floodgate, I found the sergeant of 4th squad dead in one of the halls, and we have so many bards in the tavern it's suffocating.

Also my inner control freak is pitching an absolute hissy fit at how disjointed this place looks, and as such decided to reflect it here.

EDIT: FOund the crypts! I think. Definitely not what I was expecting, but whatever.

EDIT II: I'm closing the damn tavern. It'll be less hassal than killing everyone inside it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 12, 2016, 07:07:00 pm »

We have two sets of crypts, one under the forges(along with memorial areas) and two lines of them next to the dorms, at the hopefully future bar that is mostly waiting on smoothing and windows.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 12, 2016, 10:53:51 pm »

Well, that's to be expected from multiple overseers!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 12, 2016, 11:10:01 pm »

I would question why we have two crypts, but knowing spearbreakers they're probably both getting to be at or near capacity by this point.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50