Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Starwright (Now known as Cosmoteer) The wonderful game of spaceships and pew pew  (Read 21071 times)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

game got borring. (sorry).
so i did what every adult male with a healthy social life would do in this situation:
i set myself a challange.

500.000 cr max
50% ftl min

http://imgur.com/a/EjCiw

lets see if it turns a profit against elites :)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone else had missiles track very oddly? I tend to build I-shaped ships, with a giant flat shielded front of heavy cannons and missile launchers all along the sides, and the two swarms of missiles that are fired on approach almost always drift until they strike the far side of the target. I can't really complain about being able to concentrate fire like that, but it was kind of surprising.

Also, it would be really nice if we could have some global control over crew movement. Crews can end up in each other's areas very easily by crawling across structure created by battle damage, and it can be difficult to sort them out without deleting and replacing their quarters. Some way to evenly distribute crewmen across crew quarters could fix this, perhaps one subject to the same restrictions as repair. Similarly -- although this might be irritating to integrate into pathfinding -- it would be really nice if we could assign doors to specific hotkeys (perhaps by painting them?) to toggle whether they're crew-passable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:57:39 pm by Trekkin »

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i stoped using missiles. one reason is the flightpath and the resulting unfocussed damage. it will spread over a long area, and proably hit something not very important. also the damage can get negated by pd, and its large and expensive.

in other news: the station hull is mean. could not kill it with the last 500k ship.
a full cannon setup without the ions was able to kill it then, but it was a tough fight.witch turned in little profit. also i was quite lucky that i could kill the command center quickly.

that station is tough if you face it with a ship of simmilar price o.0

as for mixed up crews: fire 20% rehire them. works for me....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:37:57 pm by motorbitch »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

EDIT: I'm now currently trying to make people at the Cosmoteer Discord to post here. Hopefully they'll constantly make this forum alive.

I'm going to post some ships.

If you want to play with these ships, drag and put the image in the game.
Spoiler: First, the fighter. (click to show/hide)
Text information: Emitter Fighter
A fighter equipped with only ion beams, Emitter Fighter is a odd fighter. It seems to be unable to hit small ships nor pierce though shields, but it will deal large amounts of DPS if it hits a vulnerable area.

Odd spinal fighter.
Spoiler: Braindead Box (click to show/hide)
Text Information: Destroyer Box
This wall/box is a front-sided(braindead) powerful box. Equipped with shielded 6 ion beams and 4 cannons, it was once proven to be the most powerful ship. Now, despite a shadow of it's former self, it is still capable to bring destruction to other ships.

Frontal braindead ship.
Text information: Project Rod
This mighty spinal cannon isn't your normal front-sided ship; It's a laser cannon capable of piercing though shields without any need of EB thanks for the ability to deal high amounts of damage in a single area. If you thought that it had too few shields, it essentially tanks by removing the ability for the enemy to retaliate. Weak against shielded ion beams.

The closest thing for a vanilla bunker buster.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:44:25 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

Multiplayer is now no longer on testing. You can now fight against each other by searching for the host's public IP adress. There is no dedicated servers yet, sadly.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:47:08 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]