Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tiny bug: giant bat kidney appearing in list of leathers at embark.  (Read 918 times)

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figure posting a fresh thread on this is the way to go since it'll harmlessly scroll off the front page after being observed. 

Subject basically says it all, giant bat kidney is appearing in the list of leathers on the embark screen.

I'm newly rolling with a few of the Knight Otu Random Creatures mods checked (vermin, domestic pets, surface, cavern, and aquatic creatures) and I haven't noticed this issue before with a far less populated list of leathers so I assume one of those is the source of the issue.

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny bug: giant bat kidney appearing in list of leathers at embark.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:16:13 am »

giant bats are probably fully domesticated by your civilization so thats why you can get leather for them

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:36:27 am »

Do you have an errorlog? any entries with the word DUPLICATE in it? Otherwise please send me the save.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 04:07:10 pm »

The world is gone, I cleared out my save folder after hitting a persistent crash last night (I think it was a downstream effect of cheating too hard at embark)  The errorlog.txt survives since it was not in the save folder, but it may not have the related logs since I most recently played with a civilization other than the one that had giant bat kidneys as leather.  It was generated by the defective world, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 04:47:16 pm »

Thats the problem: Duplicate Object: creature GIANT_WORM_STRIFE

I'll see if I can find both entries and delete one. It will work fine afterwards. Thanks for the report.

Edit: Found it, its one of those strange artefacts at the bottom of a file.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:49:50 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::