Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Managing companions question  (Read 819 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Managing companions question
« on: June 28, 2016, 06:50:25 am »

I have some issues of keeping tracks of my companions in goblin dark pits. As soon as I see goblins (even a non-soldier) they all rush in all direction, and after a very short time, I don't see them in my companion list anymore. That's very annoying. I can't fast travel to force them gather again, as I'm inside a site.
How do you manage your team to avoid this ?
I have had the same issues in some catacombs, but it's easier because they can't go in all directions.

Thank you for your help.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Managing companions question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:53:32 am »

If they disappear from your list, that means they died (I think ?). Else you'd just see them as "not visible". Other than that, I don't really have a tip for you, and I don't think there's a way to prevent companions from doing that (they will always chase after goblins).

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:10:53 am »

No, are not necessarily dead.
 If they go too far, they just disappear from the list.
If you follow them you can still find them, and, then, they appear again in the list (as if they never ran away)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 08:16:54 pm »

One surefire way to know if they are dead is that in your Q->Agreements page it would show as terminated. If not they are still alive and well.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 08:59:30 pm »

I don't see a way to avoid that other then following them and joining in on murdering that goblin, I think that Toady might want to add some kind of way to set stances or something for your followers.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 11:02:21 pm »

One surefire way to know if they are dead is that in your Q->Agreements page it would show as terminated. If not they are still alive and well.
I think that's only if you know they're dead. I've still got agreements for people that legends mode confirms are dead.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?