Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 179723 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #1860 on: June 06, 2017, 10:29:41 pm »

Not to mention that in the age of social media and internet, it doesn't take all that much for an idea to propogate like wildfire or to circulate everywhere. It's the same reason that once an image is placed on the internet, it's often extremely hard, if not impossible, to completely remove every single instance of it, especially if it got circulated around. Same thing with ideas, except 1,000x more difficult.

You borked your quote attribution.
i know, I know. Already spotted it.

I forgot how cumbersome it is to post on this site.

I don't find it cumbersome, but things can get tricky when multiple quotes and quote pyramids get involved.

@Lagslayer: For those who were born in Britian, you can't exactly 'send them the way that they came', not without renouncing their citizenship.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:32:01 pm by smjjames »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 06, 2017, 10:31:36 pm »

That assumes first generation immigrants. What of second generation and beyond? What if they only have citizenship of the "host" country?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 06, 2017, 10:34:23 pm »

That assumes first generation immigrants. What of second generation and beyond? What if they only have citizenship of the "host" country?

Exactly. Every time the argument 'Lets deport them all to where they came from!' gets used, the fact that you have to deal with the second generation onward comes up every single time, you can't escape that no matter how hard you try.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 06, 2017, 10:38:23 pm »

@Lagslayer: For those who were born in Britian, you can't exactly 'send them the way that they came', not without renouncing their citizenship.

Exactly. Every time the argument 'Lets deport them all to where they came from!' gets used, the fact that you have to deal with the second generation onward comes up every single time, you can't escape that no matter how hard you try.
This is the tricky part. They did not choose to be born here, any more than we chose for them to be born here. Yet, for whatever reason, their way of life is incompatible with ours. There would need to be some sort of repatriation deal with the countries involved, or someone will have to assimilate.

edit: Not that I'm British, because I'm American, but we have similar problems in some places.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:40:36 pm by Lagslayer »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 06, 2017, 10:42:07 pm »

This is the tricky part. They did not choose to be born here, any more than we chose for them to be born here. Yet, for whatever reason, their way of life is incompatible with ours. There would need to be some sort of repatriation deal with the countries involved, or someone will have to assimilate.

edit: Not that I'm British, because I'm American, but we have similar problems in some places.

LOL, I thought you were British, seems like a lot of people may have been assuming the same as well.

But yes, the problems are similar and the root cause is the same.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 06, 2017, 10:57:49 pm »

In the case of England, yeah, I could see it that way because those who knew the UK as the British Empire, colonies and all, are still alive.

However, for France, their Empire glory days were much longer ago, so, in theory, their population would have gotten over it a couple generations ago.

Though for Europe in general, it seems like patriotism is equated as this: patriotism=nationialism= which eventually leads to = fascism. Germany in particular, for reasons I don't need to state.

The only ones who can really develop an answer for the lack of patriotism are the ones living in those countries since only they can define patriotism as it relates to their own country.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 06, 2017, 11:01:38 pm »

I've been on here way too long as it is, and I'll be leaving for the night. Will check back tomorrow, probably.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 07, 2017, 07:01:30 am »

You really gotta admire the courage of people like lagslayer, who are willing to courageously sacrifice the lives of tens of thousands of people they don't know to lower their chance of dying in a terrorist attacks from vanishingly small to vanishingly smaller. I mean, we refuse to face truth, but he's right: it's better to kill a few tens of thousands people today, than to have a handful of people die every year. On the long run, it's the humane thing, we just need to wait a couple millenias, but it's the right thing to do if you arent short-sighted.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 07, 2017, 09:11:48 am »

I wish car accidents were treated like terrorist attacks in the media.  Hey media, by reporting these random attacks you are helping the bad guys.  Not saying you should censor it, but report other deaths on the same level.  Put some of this in context.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 07, 2017, 09:26:43 am »

No, be fair. Don't compare this incident with vehicle deaths, when you could compare with knife crime.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 07, 2017, 10:21:27 am »

You really gotta admire the courage of people like lagslayer, who are willing to courageously sacrifice the lives of tens of thousands of people they don't know to lower their chance of dying in a terrorist attacks from vanishingly small to vanishingly smaller. I mean, we refuse to face truth, but he's right: it's better to kill a few tens of thousands people today, than to have a handful of people die every year. On the long run, it's the humane thing, we just need to wait a couple millenias, but it's the right thing to do if you arent short-sighted.
You still think this about mere terrorist attacks? Nevermind that they are coming at an ever increasing pace, but this is about something much bigger. They are being brought in explicitly as demographic replacement. And under international law, that qualifies as genocide of the native inhabitants. Long before that even happens, they will constitute an increasing majority of the voting demographic, as the flow of migration never seems to stop, and they breed so rapidly. This means they can force their laws, the laws of the shitholes they came from, on the natives, via the legal system, which will speed up the process even faster.

And their politicians don't even try to hide it anymore, instead just trying to say it's a good thing to kill off all the Europeans.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 07, 2017, 10:31:34 am »

So breed faster :P

Also, that talk about immigrants replacing the natives being equivalent to genocide is the kind of thing white supremacists like to spout. Not accusing you of being one lagslayer, I'm just saying be careful with that kind of talk. And for the record, I'm white too.

edit: Also, since you're American, lets use an American example. We have a similar sort of issue, if you will, with hispanics and others, minorities will become the majority by 2050 or so, do you see them inflicting their laws on the natives? No.

edit2: And please point to me where it says in international law that doing this qualifies as genocide.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:46:05 am by smjjames »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 07, 2017, 10:49:11 am »

Also, that talk about immigrants replacing the natives being equivalent to genocide is the kind of thing white supremacists like to spout. Not neccesarily accusing you of being one lagslayer, I'm just saying be careful with that kind of talk. And for the record, I'm white too.

edit: Also, since you're American, lets use an American example. We have a similar sort of issue, if you will, with hispanics and others, minorities will become the majority by 2050 or so, do you see them inflicting their laws on the natives? No.

edit2: And please point to me where it says in international law that doing this qualifies as genocide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention#Definition_of_genocide
As for the hispanics, the areas where they are the most numerous have very high levels of crime. While they are not as fanatical as those being brought into Europe, they still bring a considerable chunk of Mexico with them. A hijacking and subsequent change of government policy would be inevitable.

But the numbers just don't add up. I'm not sure what kind of time scale you think this plan has, but if such a plan existed, at current rates it would take centuries for it to actually work. If this was truly an effort to kill off the native population, as you said, there should be a hell of a lot more effort in actually... y'know, killing off the native population. Instead it's 10 people here, 15 there; every time resulting in the arrest or death of the perpetrator. It just makes no sense.
Check the rate of births vs the rate of deaths. It's a game of waiting for the old people to start dying off, then suddenly the entire demographic is flipped on it's head. This could take 2-3 generations to feel the full effect, and you're already feeling huge tremors from the shift.

Also, see the link above.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 07, 2017, 10:51:27 am »

Ok, so you don't want to kill Muslims to stop terrorism, you want to kill them to preserve a white ethno-state.

Now I guess the next step in the discussion is you complaining when people call you a nazi.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:16 am »

Also, that talk about immigrants replacing the natives being equivalent to genocide is the kind of thing white supremacists like to spout. Not neccesarily accusing you of being one lagslayer, I'm just saying be careful with that kind of talk. And for the record, I'm white too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention#Definition_of_genocide
As for the hispanics, the areas where they are the most numerous have very high levels of crime. While they are not as fanatical as those being brought into Europe, they still bring a considerable chunk of Mexico with them. A hijacking and subsequent change of government policy would be inevitable.

Ugh, you're one of those types of people aren't you? Tell me honestly, what are you so afraid of in Mexican culture or Mexico that isn't in American culture or America? Besides the drug problems.

And this completely ignores the fact that we ALREADY have a chunk of Mexico, we took it from them in the 19th century.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:00:36 am by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126