Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 126

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 177684 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2016, 06:11:21 pm »

That's why I asked, wasn't sure how it's handled there for sure. Over here you can be an American, or a State-an/ean/er/(ite?), or a parent-ethnicity-American, or a parent-ethnicity, or naturalized parent-ethnicity, or some self-chosen moniker if you wish. Melting pot and all.
If you melted down everyone into one people why aren't they one people?
They're all Americans, in the end.
See above, half my family tree came over here and said "welp, this is ours now" and at some point started fucking the natives after they got tired of killing them.
If you want to hold the sins of your ancestors, you hold them, they're not mine
I'm just saying, the "when they were invited thing" doesn't hold up as well over here, and whether they were your ancestors or not, they were kinsmen of them at some point.
I learned that one of my family names ties back to the silly early ideas about how some Scots were more "negrified" than others, I was always confused by "black man of the moors" before I learned about that.
Oh what, the pastiest people alive? The freaking June heatwave hospitalized dozens of Scots with sunburn under a shocking 20*C sun
The only stuff I can find in regards to all else are the rasta archives who have ideas like Shakespeare not being Shakespeare, Joseph Kony being indestructible and Caesar being black
Sounds like exactly the sort of revisionism white people come up with
Yeah, it seemed weird to me given the lack of gingers and such in the family, but dark haired Scots are a thing it seems, and that mixed with the native blood gives me a pitch black hair, a nice tan, and brown freckles despite getting little sun for years. Though I do have like three red hairs in my beard, plus a couple gray ones.

I was talking about Las Vegas, the stupidest fucking place in the entire country, yes, dumber than anywhere you might have thought of at first. The damn city was built and sustained by draining the lake nearby into the desert basically, and they truck water in now with the end result of throwing it at the sand and wondering why it still hasn't magically worked.
Nah, Las Vegas has got nothing on Dubai. It is hilarious talking to emigres from Dubai, who say literally everywhere else on Earth is better. Best description was from some guy who went on a 3 min rant about how Dubai was a stupid city that shouldn't exist and only exists because it was the capital of the Najd tribe, had no rivers, water, little rain, the sand storms destroy cars, it can be 50*C hot and without oil money, everyone would die
Well, that's why I said country, Dubai does indeed out-Vegas Vegas for the stupid "let's throw water and money at the desert!" factor.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 08, 2016, 06:14:10 pm »

That's why I asked, wasn't sure how it's handled there for sure. Over here you can be an American, or a State-an/ean/er/(ite?), or a parent-ethnicity-American, or a parent-ethnicity, or naturalized parent-ethnicity, or some self-chosen moniker if you wish. Melting pot and all.
If you melted down everyone into one people why aren't they one people?
America has never been a melting pot, it's more like a stew. Still recognizable chunks of ingredients, but with a mostly similar taste (or lack thereof) throughout.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 08, 2016, 06:17:48 pm »

Only the ones that have been white and christian and american for generations lack any sort of taste. There's lots of interesting spice in other parts of the country.

Hell, once I got stranded on Martha's Vineyard after an internet hook-up backfired, got a job at an ice cream parlor, with, I kid you not, an irishman, a scotsman, and a russian.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 08, 2016, 06:26:31 pm »

Hell, once I got stranded on Martha's Vineyard after an internet hook-up backfired, got a job at an ice cream parlor, with, I kid you not, an irishman, a scotsman, and a russian.

that sounds like the set up for a joke. :P

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2016, 06:28:20 pm »

It really does, hell I pointed that out to them, and the lack of wacky hijinks. We mostly just chatted and sold ice cream and discussed the merits of coffee ice cream vs mint chocolate vs strawberry.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #335 on: July 08, 2016, 06:33:14 pm »

They're all Americans, in the end.
That's pretty much just the civic situation here, same thing

I'm just saying, the "when they were invited thing" doesn't hold up as well over here, and whether they were your ancestors or not, they were kinsmen of them at some point.
What is the "when they were invited thing"? Whether who were ancestors of who, kinsmen of who at what points? Dunno what you're saying

Yeah, it seemed weird to me given the lack of gingers and such in the family, but dark haired Scots are a thing it seems, and that mixed with the native blood gives me a pitch black hair, a nice tan, and brown freckles despite getting little sun for years. Though I do have like three red hairs in my beard, plus a couple gray ones.
Scots are not a race of gingers and people suspect there's like 70-140 million people in the world with red hair, whilst the population of Scotland is 5 million, and the number of ginger Scots in Scotland 500,000
If you're ginger, you've probably got fair number of ancestors from the northern north hemisphere of Yurop, think King Cnut's Empire sans Denmark and England

Well, that's why I said country, Dubai does indeed out-Vegas Vegas for the stupid "let's throw water and money at the desert!" factor.
Why do humans do this

Only the ones that have been white and christian and american for generations lack any sort of taste. There's lots of interesting spice in other parts of the country.
This is the issue right there, all national cultures go to America and become whites. Amorphous blob of whites. All Christians go there and become amorphous blobs of Christians. Then white Christians become amorphous blob of Americans. And it lacks any sort of taste, because it is blob, melter of dude pot lmao
How do you manage to end up losing culture over generations of refinement? Why are you wholly reliant upon the cultural imports of migrants ???

Needs more diversity

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 08, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »

You mentioned getting mad when "your whites invited them" in.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #337 on: July 08, 2016, 06:48:28 pm »

You mentioned getting mad when "your whites invited them" in.
Nope, not following your point here

If that's what you think I said, reread it

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 08, 2016, 07:04:11 pm »

I'm gonna start with what you think's being complained about, cos you're just repeating current year man's basic bitch bants there - one of the things I've pretty consistently said for years now is that you can't get mad at people who your whites have invited xD
This? Weren't many whites over here, and weren't many whites who should have thought they could invite others in the first place.

Half my family basically invaded this country, took it from the other half, killed most of them, and then fucked the rest. That's literally American history in a nutshell once the Britbongers decided to see what the hell the Spaniards were doing over here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #339 on: July 08, 2016, 07:08:53 pm »

This? Weren't many whites over here, and weren't many whites who should have thought they could invite others in the first place.
Half my family basically invaded this country, took it from the other half, killed most of them, and then fucked the rest. That's literally American history in a nutshell once the Britbongers decided to see what the hell the Spaniards were doing over here.
Oh, haha, no that was a you plural directed at the Germanics of UK and Yurop, not a you singular directed at you

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 08, 2016, 07:11:06 pm »

Oh, I was like "wut" but we are amused either way, using the Royal we for the fuck of it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #341 on: July 08, 2016, 07:13:53 pm »

Are we not entertained?

Speaking of which, I love me gommies
He talked to some guy in Yorkshire who didn’t know whether Labour was for or against the EU, and didn’t think that Brexit was literally the end of civilisation as we know it. Corbyn has to go, he is a traitor and heretic.

Of course, the most sickening part of this contemptible, slimy column is the blatant, extravagant liberal hypocrisy.

If we can venture, briefly, into an alternate universe – let us say that Remain had won. Let us say that instead of choking back panic for the past three days, the Guardian had been serving up crow. Let us say that Nigel Farage was demanding that Parliament ignore the referendum, and writing columns about how Boris Johnson was trying to sabotage the Leave campaign – citing as his evidence e-mails from last December, that were neither sent to, nor written by, Johnson himself. Would the Guardian heed these calls? Would they take them seriously? Never. Never in a million years.

Anyone questioning the integrity of the vote, or the campaigns, would be dismissed as a “conspiracy theorist” – as they were during the Scottish Independence referendum. “Bitter leavers” would be mocked, patronised, and encouraged to “move on”.

…but Brexit is apparently different. In this instance, no evidence is too small. No claim too ridiculous. No petition too full of joke names from the Antarctic. Establishment institutions are facing a real existential crisis, and desperate times call for really, really desperate measures.

The plot against Corbyn was always going to come out of hibernation eventually, but circumstance has forced it out too soon. Hopefully, it will not survive the winter.
Cheeky gommies!

This is pretty bad logic, for a number of reasons. Firstly, you can’t at once castigate Corbyn for his “lackluster campaigning”, whilst volunteering that he delivered the majority of his party’s vote (63%), including his young base. Secondly, it is not 75% of people under 25, it is 75% of the roughly 30% of that age group who voted. We have no idea how the other 70% would have voted, and it is statistically very unlikely that the minority turnout just happens to include the entirety of Corbyn’s young base. It is also flawed to suggest that Corbyn’s “left leaning idealists” would vote so massively FOR the EU, when the traditional leftist position has been anti-EU.
It is altogether quite peculiar how the alliances amongst everyone in politics has been shifting up so much, crazy

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 08, 2016, 07:17:53 pm »

I was kinda enjoying having news that wasn't about americans being stupid or awful, and brexit delivered for a bit, before we went right back to awful over here again.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #343 on: July 08, 2016, 07:23:25 pm »

fite me blad im beeb

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2016, 09:04:14 pm »

If the brits could beat us yankees I'm pretty sure they would have done it by now. :p

You don't want none, mate.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 126