Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

The Story of Atölasob (A Community Fort with an Export Challenge)

<< < (106/106)

Memphis_Wildcard:
Sweet. Yes.
It's been years here. I can finally throw off my secret identity and be myself.

You are holding a +turkey leather bound journal+. On the cover of the journal is a masterful image of a dwarf. The Dwarf is singing. The image is the personal symbol of Memphis Wildcard, sometimes Kivish Bentglazes. Inside the journal is writing.

I have avoided writing up until now. I have often avoided thinking until now. My poetical skills have not been needed, but my skill with performance has not been wasted. So long as I never thought of the past, of the reasons I came here, I found I could hold this lie, this Kivish, together.
Today I passed another of the many poets here in the halls. An elf. I heard him whisper.
"Came thee here to understand, did thee?" I stopped in my tracks.
"The College of Change has forgotten thee not. We only bemoan the loss of a fellow artist."
I turned but the elf was already turning the corner. To chase him then would have been... To obvious. But the conversation has played in my head over and over. One thing the elves have, which we dwarves could stand to adopt: they are masters of persuasion. His words have become a poison to Kivish.
I want to be myself again. I will speak with Leto tomorrow. Perhaps I will perform as I once did, or go back to the mines.... And think. Finally.

The entry ends.
You close the journal.

Edit: man I haven't posted on a forum for... 7 years now?

auzewasright:
Bump

auzewasright:
Anyone?

Dorsidwarf:
Generally bad form to beg for updates on this sort of thing, especially when the creators mentioned they’ve been having issues. We all like updates to our favorite things, I get that, but sometimes RL overtakes DF in priority. (Plus, contentless bumping just gets people who enjoy been waiting for an update pointlessly excited)

auzewasright:

--- Quote from: Dorsidwarf on December 07, 2018, 10:21:42 am ---Generally bad form to beg for updates on this sort of thing, especially when the creators mentioned they’ve been having issues. We all like updates to our favorite things, I get that, but sometimes RL overtakes DF in priority. (Plus, contentless bumping just gets people who enjoy been waiting for an update pointlessly excited)

--- End quote ---
Can't disagree with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version