Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

The Story of Atölasob (A Community Fort with an Export Challenge)

<< < (2/106) > >>

Imic:
I'll take Kogsak, pluz.

Dame de la Licorne:

--- Quote from: MoonyTheHuman on June 28, 2016, 08:29:31 pm ---Dwarf me

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: MoonyTheHuman on June 28, 2016, 10:36:57 pm ---Custom nickname please (=
Male... Likot

--- End quote ---
Done and...

--- Quote from: Imic on June 29, 2016, 01:05:50 am ---I'll take Kogsak, pluz.

--- End quote ---
Done.

They'll be called Mooney and Imic, unless you want something different.

Also, anything in in-character posts is fair game to include in the story.  You don't have to, but if you want to, feel free.

Another update should go up tonight, once I get off from work.

-Dame de la Licorne

Fleeting Frames:
So this is the end result of that tweaking? Well, my paintings certainly aren't so picturesque!

You're missing 4 wheats, Sorghum, Fonio, Teff and Artichokes from full theoretical compendum of 78 spirits. Checked how many you have with region-pops? Though, on the flip side you got wolf packs, for instance...Probably something else as well, wiki biome articles are rather incomplete on what is present.

One idea that came to me for making every one of the present boozes was to use workflow plugion/43.03 job manager system so that every distillation causes the brewing of next plant in cycle.

Setting up those dozens of orders would probably best done with spreadsheet, though actually implementing that dynamically would be something of a challenge :p (FYI workflow saves into historical figures).

Dame de la Licorne:
OOC:  Yes, I know I'm missing some plants (I'm also missing the swamp onlies: muck roots, bloated tubers, kobold bulbs; and whip vines are questionable), but apparently the biome overlap isn't exactly what the maps show, because region-pops shows capers (which I shouldn't have except for those I brought) among others, so we'll see...

I don't normally use workflow, keeping DFHack only for site-choosing (I need my sand!), and things like autobutcher, cleaning, and bug fixes (there is no creature there!).  (Note: My personal preference, not meant as a comment on any other play-style.)

You should have seen some of the other maps I generated before settling on this one ("ugly" is one word, "psychedelic" is another).

-Dame de la Licorne

Fleeting Frames:
....How did I miss wetland crops? Anyway, Whip Vines require savage (you have wilderness), though no idea on importing them. Kobold bulb isn't brewable of those, but I boggle at "Wetland (Dry)" for bloated tuber. A dry wetland, should we find them in St. Peterburg or what?

Caper....Either Desert or Grassland. Embarking on the boundary between plains and forests, my bet is on the latter one, with actual grassland in a different region tile.

I ditto U on workflow; there's lot of things I have not tried yet. Regarding sand, have you tried incrementing mineral scarcity values if you find perfect site, only lacking in fire clay and sand? Have not tested it with soil, but it should reset the ores (and maybe change history a bit)

And yeah, heh. Wide open areas and landscapes are not conductive to practicality, sadly, whether painting the world or painting the fort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version