Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feedback please... is this guide good? Anything it explains badly?  (Read 4362 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

http://i.imgur.com/l0qosrb.png => Click on this, large image behind.

The human quickguide... they have somewhat like 180 workshops, so maybe a bit overwhelming at first. So if you knew nothing else but this, could you figure stuff out?

Ingame menu looks like this, not many new workshops all things considered.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback please... is this guide good? Anything it explains badly?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:42:13 pm »

The example says Smith guild but I believe you showed the Engineers guild.  Also, are you keeping ironbone and blood steel for humans?  Referenced in the alchemist. I was assuming those were right-out for the humans in this new version.

Otherwise looks good and makes sense. But I played the old humans despite being absent from MW for awhile.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 12:48:49 pm »

The example says Smith guild but I believe you showed the Engineers guild.  Also, are you keeping ironbone and blood steel for humans?  Referenced in the alchemist. I was assuming those were right-out for the humans in this new version.

Otherwise looks good and makes sense. But I played the old humans despite being absent from MW for awhile.
Thanks, yes, its the engineers. Ironbone is bonemold now (can only be used for armor, not weapons), bloodsteel is still bloodsteel.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 12:52:16 pm »

Squires, Knights, and Paladins making a return as well?
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:39 pm »

Squires, Knights, and Paladins making a return as well?
No

twryst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 01:51:37 pm »

A little intimidating, but the explanation at the top makes it all clear. Thanks!

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 02:11:34 pm »

I'm very impressed, this is probably the best piece of documentation in the project.  Do any of these workshops require particular items (other than non-economic blocks/boulders) to build in addition to gold?  That's the only thing I can think that might be desireable to include... it would suck to try to build a Chamber of Diplomacy only to learn that you're actually 5000 coins away because it requires pieces of embroidered furniture and therefore an embroidery shop.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 02:25:54 pm »

I'm very impressed, this is probably the best piece of documentation in the project.  Do any of these workshops require particular items (other than non-economic blocks/boulders) to build in addition to gold?  That's the only thing I can think that might be desireable to include... it would suck to try to build a Chamber of Diplomacy only to learn that you're actually 5000 coins away because it requires pieces of embroidered furniture and therefore an embroidery shop.
They all cost 3 blocks. Guild extensions also the permit for 1000 gold and some items (like a grate for the brick oven, or a mortar and pestle for the alchemist, but nothing fancy. Normal items.)

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 02:32:32 pm »

Awesome.  One other thing, I've never really bothered with coins at all (I started DF after the economy was deactivated, and I never played humans in the legacy MWDF version.)

Is there an exchange rate for coins of different materials (and if so is it based on material value or some alternative scheme), or is gold the only useful material for minting?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »

You make coins in the forge, 500 coins are one stack.

There is an exchange office in the mod, copper:gold is 4:1, silver:gold is 2:1. Thats about it.

All costs are multiples of 500, so you buy things for 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, etc. That way the stacks stay the same size and it always fits with the 500-stacks from your forge.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 02:40:47 pm »

You make coins in the forge, 500 coins are one stack.

There is an exchange office in the mod, copper:gold is 4:1, silver:gold is 2:1. Thats about it.

All costs are multiples of 500, so you buy things for 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, etc. That way the stacks stay the same size and it always fits with the 500-stacks from your forge.

Oh, okay, I see the exchange office there now.  Including the exchange rates in the workshop description might be worthwhile, but that's a slippery slope to a 20MB image, really knowing that copper and silver coins are valid for exchange is plenty.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 02:46:06 pm »

20mb ? Its 1.77mb.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 02:47:48 pm »

20mb ? Its 1.77mb.
Yeah, but if you included everything that "might be worthwhile", it could grow to 20.   ;)  I guess the real boogeyman for you would be more the labor of producing it rather than the filesize.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 04:18:40 pm »

How will the human military work?
Do you have a real life equivalent that youll be using for military/command structuring

and will these new weapons be found natively in Adv Mode?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 05:06:26 pm »

How will the human military work?
Do you have a real life equivalent that youll be using for military/command structuring

and will these new weapons be found natively in Adv Mode?
Military like dwarves... military commander and captains.

Weapons... no, muskets etc cant be found as adventurer. They exist only if you produce them playing as humans. Not even human traders would bring them. I know that lots of people dislike firearms in DF, thats why I designed it that way.
Pages: [1] 2