Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fields wont accept seeds from embark  (Read 1711 times)

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fields wont accept seeds from embark
« on: July 06, 2016, 10:20:33 pm »

I brought 50 fisher berry seeds to start me off, but the field keeps saying there arent any seeds. I found that if the seeds are gathered from the area, they will use them to plant but the ones I bought they wont use

Vigilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fields wont accept seeds from embark
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:21:59 am »

Same Problem. Sometimes there are also the same seed twice at the embarking menu. Sometimes seed just dissapear. Only had this Problem with the human faction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 07:45:22 pm »

The seeds you buy at embark are the ones your home-civ has access to.

The seeds you can plant in your farms are those that can grow in the biomes you embarked on.

Both changed between worlds and civs, and there is no relation between them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:04:25 pm »

The seeds you buy at embark are the ones your home-civ has access to.

The seeds you can plant in your farms are those that can grow in the biomes you embarked on.

Both changed between worlds and civs, and there is no relation between them.

But why would there be a difference between the two if its the same seed?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 03:09:16 am »

I dont know. Maybe the seeds were stored in a bag, inside a barrel, and DF couldnt find them, or someone was using the bag atm you looked at the farmplot, or the were restricted, or outside a burrow.

There shouldnt be a difference between bought and gathered seeds, its the same item.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vigilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 06:55:07 am »

I think the problem ist quite easier. it has nothing to do with bags or barrows. At the start they are all on the wagon and i don´t have any barrows. I think there are just wrong tagged because some of the seeds are later showns as food and in the embark screen they were double listet in the seed screen. I try to reproduce the problem and make some screenshoots. 

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 08:05:33 am »

Sometimes that happens (29 June release); seeds marked as foreign are not always recognized.  Seeds produced from gathered and processed plants, no problem.   Spawn from embark, no problem.  DFHack createitem or changeitem seeds are not recognized and that wasn’t a problem on my machine until perhaps two months ago (wasn’t tracking releases); cotton, flax and hemp are among the most useful crops and if caravans didn’t bring seeds and they weren’t present in a temperate biome, I’d just cheat and create some but that doesn’t seem to work these days.  Then for a time, I could still create the plants, process them for seeds and that worked but doesn’t seem to now.  I haven’t got this figured out but it seems to tie in with the Textiles problems I’ve had for the past few releases; sometimes loom works, sometimes it won’t recognize threads right there in a dedicated stockpile.  Same with Embroidery.  Sometimes replacing the stockpile or give/take fixes that, sometimes not.  Sometimes a local source thread is recognized while purchased ones are not.  It’s an intermittent thing, I’m still trying to get a handle on it before writing it up for the forum.       
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Vigilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 08:14:55 am »

Made some test and couldn´t reproduce the problem. Maybe because i used in the tests-  first or second generated worlds normaly i abort the world generator more often. Or a corupptet file. I will still have an Eye on it. Jimboo seems to find out what the problem is.  What i found out the at the embark screen you can´t seperate seed if its aged or not thats why seed a show doubled. 
I realy had some Fun quite from the test start like my whole crew was ate up by some alligators but i manage to build a farm. Good work Meph keep on.