Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Update 1.08 - HUMANS! 6th playable race, with largest tech-tree by far.  (Read 24782 times)

Kahlish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey there Meph !
Great work on MDF, I love it.
Any words on that 43.x test build for 1.08 ? No pressure, just wondering.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

How exactly do I get the permits for the guild expansions?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How exactly do I get the permits for the guild expansions?
Buy them in the guild.

Hey there Meph !
Great work on MDF, I love it.
Any words on that 43.x test build for 1.08 ? No pressure, just wondering.
Yes, next friday.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hm, maybe I'm missing something. Didn't see an option to buy them.

Gonna give it another go in a bit, that game kinda collapsed when a creature made of fire decided to dry hump my lumberjacks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

At first they dont sell any. You need to "enlarge the guild", and you can now buy 1 permit. You run "enlarge the guild" again, you can now buy 2 permits. Etc.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

At first they dont sell any. You need to "enlarge the guild", and you can now buy 1 permit. You run "enlarge the guild" again, you can now buy 2 permits. Etc.
Ahh, gotya. I was a bit distracted fighting the raging doomfires at the time. Gonna try again by starting a mining company.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Humans are the next playable race for you to explore. They have tons of features, most of which require gold. 15 merchants buy and sell items for gold, 12 guilds can be upgraded with gold and unlock new workshops, and 16 workshops can be staffed with dwarves, orcs, goblins, succubi, kobolds, humans, elves or necromancers, offering their services and goods.

And they're ruled by Professor X? The resemblance is... uncanny.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Well he is the god king of mankind.

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it indeed makes sense that he would be in-game, too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So it indeed makes sense that he would be in-game, too.
He just hasn't achieved his full psionic potential yet. He's not ready to lead us into the void and do battle with chaos, so for now we toil for his glory and we fortify for the coming storm.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I think the storage piles mentioned a while ago are an excellent idea.

Do a 1x1 that can hold say 10 logs, and a 2x2 that could hold say 25 etc.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Nuhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There appears to be a demand for Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas, and Mutants.
Before this mod, I never pitied the bad guys in any of the fantasy novels I'd read. The undead lich king always seemed like such an uber-menace, but now I know his secret pain of having morons for minions, a vampire doctor just waiting for him to go to sleep, and a constant feeling of anger and depression because he's one armor stand short in his bedroom suite.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

?
The human graphic above resembles the fictional Professor X, who leads a band of mutant superheroes called the X-Men. Not sure how well-known they are on Meph's side of the Atlantic.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Considering that I've watched X-Men Apocalypse in the cinema and the guy in the picture above is Prof X, I'd say that they are well known.

I was more asking about the Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas...

PS: http://natehallinan.com/orderofx/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8