Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Update 1.08 - HUMANS! 6th playable race, with largest tech-tree by far.  (Read 24416 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

::: Current version: V.1.08 - Updated 29th June 2016 - For DF.42.06 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

New update... a day early, but what the heck, I was finished, why wait? ;)

First of all, general changes:
- Removed bamboo
- Added new wood types: EVIL GOOD and UNDERGROUND trees now give special woods. Light feather, heavy glumprong, cold netherwood...
- Added taxidermy (figurines and statues from animal corpses) to all civs. Craftsshop can do these reactions now.
- Fixed (add-swear words here) create-unit, which fixed hermit mode.

Humans are the next playable race for you to explore. They have tons of features, most of which require gold. 15 merchants buy and sell items for gold, 12 guilds can be upgraded with gold and unlock new workshops, and 16 workshops can be staffed with dwarves, orcs, goblins, succubi, kobolds, humans, elves or necromancers, offering their services and goods.

Here the full guide to humans: http://i.imgur.com/bKV9Dwp.png (large picture)

A typical game would play like this:
- Embark with 7 humans and gear, business as usual.
- Start producing materials and crafts, start selling at merchants.
- Build your first guild, maybe merchant guild or carpenters guild or smiths guild...
- Invest into guilds and create better crafts.
- Build a merchants guild and call caravans and diplomats of other civs, even those that you are at war with, like orcs and succubi.
- Buy/Order merchant licenses of these civs; or buy them at your local human merchant for lots of coin.
- Set up a dwarven smithy, an orc crafter, a kobold potter, a succubus summoner... all in your human fort.
- Keep earning money, keep unlocking guilds and new crafts.

Unique features include:
- Flintlock pistols, muskets and hand-cannons.
- Wildfire ballista ammo and wildfire bombs for traps.
- Steam Engine for more power.
- Netherwood armor, permanently cold and fireproof.
- Calling caravans and diplomats of any race.
- Aging wine and cheese to increase its value.
- Access to small parts of each races features.

Full list of human workshops:
Workshops & Furnaces
Cook Guild
All things brewing and cooking. Allows mass-brewing of drinks, aging cheese and wine, and making fuel from booze.

Carpenter Guild
All things wood. Makes wooden blocks for more constructions, breaks apart unwanted wooden furniture to reclaim the logs, and makes new items out of special woods found deep in the caverns.

Academic Guild
Chemists and Alchemists unite! Soap making, blackpowder for guns, wildfire for bombs, metal transmutation and more.

Smith Guild
All things metal! Create steel and mithril, mass-smelt ores, increase the quality of armors and weapons.

Mason Guild
All things stone! Create color-coded blocks, rock armory and weaponry, restore found fossils and relics to former glory.

Engineer Guild
All things tech! Steam engines produce power, mint coins for easier trading, build cannons and siege engines.

Farmer Guild
Herbalists unite! Unlocks the screw-press, create poisons from plants, breed your own war-dogs and make wicker furniture and blocks.

Fisher Guild
Fish farming made easy. Build indoor pools to farm fish, eel, oyster and turtles.

Merchant Guild
The hub of commerce! Call for more migrants, diplomats and caravans and exchange coin nominations.

Jeweler Guild
All things shiny! Work with gems and glass to make new items, weapons and armors with them.

Tanner Guild
All things leather! Tan scales, shells and chitin into armor, upgrade them, or create entire armor-sets.

Clothier Guild
All things textile! Dye cloth, upgrade cloth types, create cloth-padded furniture, clothing sets and unravel cloth or thread.

Local Merchants
15 different merchant stalls that buy and sell basic goods for gold. Be it wood, stone, gems, ore, metal, pets, food, drinks, leathers, clothing, armors, weapons, ranged weapons or trap-components.

Foreign Merchants
8 different merchants from different races, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Kobold, Orc, Goblin, Succubi or Necromancer, offering different items unique to their civs. Be it muskets, tungsten warhammers, clay crafts, poisons, captured prisoners, summoned monsters...

Foreign Workshops
8 different craftsmen from different races, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Kobold, Orc, Goblin, Succubi or Necromancer, offering different services unique to their civs. Be it forging, brewing, crafting, summoning and casting spells...

Scriptorium
Write books for your library sections. Once you have 10 on any given topic, you can build a library (workshop) with it.

Library
Six library sections, of warfare, mind&body, farmwork, crafting, smithing&engineering and philosophy. They instantly give any dwarf reading up on a skill a basic knowledge in it. Good for migrants and militias.

Future plans: Updating the manual to include all info on humans, and having a look at goblins... maybe a playable dark tower would be nice.

Community feedback: Poll about the idea of a sneak-peak into total-conversions and other major mods is about 50/50 for and against it. Interesting, I did not anticipate it. This weeks poll is about your favourite race. Please let me know what you play most. :)

Patreon: Patrons went up from 28 to 33. The support means a lot to me; especially considering that the mod is and always will be free. Thank you! Downloads this week at a lowish 600, I blame the good summer weather :P

Cheers,
Meph

PS: If you want to do me a favor, start some succession forts. There is only one running, by Smake, but with so many races I'd love to see some more stories that develop due to the mod. Build a succubus torture dungeon, establish a vibrant merchant town of humans, show off your overpopulated kobold camp... I might do one myself, maybe a form of tutorial fort?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:36:02 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Nice! Never tried humans before, might give it a go

BlakMajiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Attempting to generate a world type that uses perfect world data (Diverse, Mandelbrot, Geomagic, etc) while goblins are enabled will crash dwarf fortress.

Awite Nirpaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Sweet, my favourite guys is back

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Attempting to generate a world type that uses perfect world data (Diverse, Mandelbrot, Geomagic, etc) while goblins are enabled will crash dwarf fortress.
*mumbles into his beard*... could be, I tried a few things that a work-in-progress with goblins, nothing that is active or should affect gameplay, but I should have deleted those changed to be sure. Guess their nobles I was working on muck things up. I fixed it (reverted the changes and genned a world, no problem with goblins.) and I'm in the process of uploading the mod again.

Thanks for the report.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tonami

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

yep. has same problem. can't create world with goblins enabled in worldgen.

edit: great! thx for the fast fix :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

36.1% ... uploading on DFFD is not fun to watch. ^^

Tonami

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

About as much fun as pressing refresh repeatedly on DFFD xD

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

About as much fun as pressing refresh repeatedly on DFFD xD
68.9%... you could wait till I post here. :P

Edit: Done. Fix is up. If you are one of the 23 people that downloaded before, all you have to do it open "entity_slaver_goblin.txt" and delete everything starting from "POSITION:MONARCH".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:18:54 am by Meph »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile

Those whip vines were so eager to become the finest aged whip wine that they became aged before being harvested. I could also embark with aged prickle berries. I guess it shouldn't be happening?

friendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was waiting for this, thanks!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Correct, I'll fix the aged plants/drinks.

When testing a civ with 2600+ reactions, some are bound to introduce issues.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hey Meph, did you give up on the 0.43.xx testing? I didn't see a link to a test version for 0.43

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey Meph, did you give up on the 0.43.xx testing? I didn't see a link to a test version for 0.43
No, it looks fine. Next friday I will release the 43.03 update. TWBT works now as well, but I still need to test all utilities.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

No, it looks fine. Next friday I will release the 43.03 update. TWBT works now as well, but I still need to test all utilities.
Gotya. I've grown addicted to the built-in production system in .43. Workflow is no longer adequate
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8