Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 56145 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2016, 01:05:20 am »

You people are damn teases. I can't seem to find the fanfic.

Teneb: if you are king of mafia, then who would you pick here as your underling(s)?
Tiruin and Hector. Mostly because I know their playstyle better than the rest.
webadict/Mephanesteras did it :P It exists. :3 It is nice.
I miss Vector...

In, still.

Also... guess what?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Totally a reference to A Game of Clones. As to the Clone Lord's true motive...[...]
Whatnow? o_o

Hot I mean, what?
Best humor ever. x3 Reminds me of Caellath's. Love that silly dude. Both of you are from the same country so woo. \o/

Deus Asmoth:Can the flavor lie?
Flavor can be a hint as to what details may occur in game--this is a common thing that happens, and can be grounds for discussion in non-vanilla games.
Why do you go for negatively leaning towards the flavor? That's a strange indicator here, TBF.

TDS and Tiruin: Of all the players in the game, who are you most and least worried about?
Nuubuddy, actually :) I treat everyone the same as the rest--if pertaining to how I prioritize actions, the same follows through. It is based on how they game in the game, rather than metaknowledge in the game.

Mod: Can we examine the bodies?
A better question/s can be:
Deus A:
> Can we interact with the world around us, including any details you may give?
> Are interactive details important?

[...]Tiruin and Hector. Mostly because I know their playstyle better than the rest.
I have a playstyle? What's my playstyle?
Same question o_o What's mine? :D

Mod: Are there any third parties?
Pretty blunt, huh.

What is your perception of Third Parties and why do you consider it important to ask about them?

Tiruin: If you were an SK, how would you play?
Depending on the game--if it's a bastard game like this, I'd not be kill-spree'ing and rather inquire if my kills do leave traces, and/or if I can work with such things to help my agenda. I'd be working with the town in being a 'Vigilante' of sorts and aim to live to the end, only spending my kills sporadically or not at all (My main dream is to win as an SK without having ever killed at all; it is possible and has been done on this forum! :3)

Are you asking for tips, BHK? Because I see no correlation to scumhunting other than word analysis if you ask me how I'd play as a third-party. :v

hector: why VOTE UP TBF on day one? You did not even ask them a question. You just called them scum as soon as the game had started.
Y'know I'm getting PPE'd every time I quote a guy but this is kinda along the normal thing. It's usually called RVS, but I'll leave you to your impressions. What did you see in Hector at that one turn of events?
Unvote.
Frankly we have too little to go on to start calling people scum right off the bad. Reflex is to call you a executioner/mafiascum and lynch, but I have a suspicion that (unless moderator comes out with info that third parties exist) you are a town. Just.. Try to find some evidence before tossing votes please.
Interesting.
Is there anything with voting people out at Day 1, given it is the start of the game?

Tiruin: As rolecop, how would you decide who to inspect?
Who scratches my scumdar itch. :P (Also hai juicebox! Welcome to B12 Mafia!)
Basically I use my rolecop'yness as an auxiliary form of validation or invalidation to poke my musing, cross-contrasting my notes, and/or seeking out people who aren't the main target of day-lynches because I'm in love with analytical behavior :3
Why do you ask?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2016, 01:11:53 am »

For future reference. Rolecops weren't actually a thing in the forum I used to play on, so I wanted to know how they might be played.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2016, 01:16:39 am »

@Tiruin:Because it's a Bastard mod.  I don't trust anything.

That, and I was looking at the plurals in the first post as indicative of multiplicity of kill actions.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2016, 04:21:54 am »

Dustan: how much experience of forum Mafia do you have in general, and on B12 specifically? Your little... I don't know, analysis? of my vote bothers me, especially since you told me how I should use it.

I might not be used to the slower pace of forum mafia as of yet, having only played a bastard game, but in my personal experience playing regular mafia, randomly voting people up is a very scummy thing to do.
Maybe there's a method to your madness, maybe you're a executioner who just hates someone's guts. I don't know yet, but random voting rarely leads to a true scum lynch.
BHK/Dustan:[/b] Do you think flavor will be important to this game?
Flavor can be important in allowing people to determine roles. The more you know about the others and their abilities, the more likely you will be able to point out inconsistencies and in turn, possibly scummy players.
Pretty blunt, huh.

What is your perception of Third Parties and why do you consider it important to ask about them?

hector: why VOTE UP TBF on day one? You did not even ask them a question. You just called them scum as soon as the game had started.
Y'know I'm getting PPE'd every time I quote a guy but this is kinda along the normal thing. It's usually called RVS, but I'll leave you to your impressions. What did you see in Hector at that one turn of events?
Unvote.
Frankly we have too little to go on to start calling people scum right off the bad. Reflex is to call you a executioner/mafiascum and lynch, but I have a suspicion that (unless moderator comes out with info that third parties exist) you are a town. Just.. Try to find some evidence before tossing votes please.
Interesting.
Is there anything with voting people out at Day 1, given it is the start of the game?
to answer your questions:
1: Third parties could easily throw my role in the gutter, since I just hinted at my abilities and still don't know who to trust. Besides that, what if there are no role-blockers?

2: Voting people up on day 1/2 (can't vote till day 2 on TOS normally) Is a very jester/executioner thing to do. add on the blind claim of scum with no supporting evidence and you got a very suspicious vote with no logical reason to be there if the player is a townie.

3: Given the lack of information in the current state of the game, it's not really sound to vote someone up quite yet. I also don't know if we actually do have exe/jester-like third parties, meaning that a vote up this early could potentially be dangerous.

Tiruin: If you could prevent one person here from being roleblocked at all, who would it be?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2016, 05:35:54 am »

BHK/Dustan:
Do you think flavor will be important to this game?
I'm already certain it is.

Could you expand on this please? Just a general feeling or something more specific?
Both, really. I can probably hazard a guess about myself from my role flavor, and I assume the same for everyone with this bastard mod's niche.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2016, 06:11:09 am »

Deus Asmoth:Can the flavor lie?

No, but it can be deliberately misleading.

On closer inspection, the bodies, though fairly mangled, do have identifiable features underneath. Unfortunately, since their masks and costumes are gone it's still impossible to figure out who they were. Trust wasn't very strong among the Eleven when it came to secret identities, which may have been a bad choice in retrospect.

Now, that would be telling.

A better question/s can be:
Deus A:
> Can we interact with the world around us, including any details you may give?
> Are interactive details important?
-You can ask for further details on stuff, but there's no guarantee that it'll actually be useful.
-Some are.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2016, 07:51:55 am »

Now, that would be telling.

Third parties confirmed, my role is now worthless.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2016, 08:51:57 am »

FoU: Are you the Clone Lord again?
I wish, that would be pretty cool. But alas, the great Clone Lord was tossed out an airlock aboard the Guardians' space station. I don't think he survived that.

Now then. RVS Danmaku!

TheDarkStar: Do you think you're going to be killed night one?
hector13: It is my belief that you and Tiruin are the best two day players among us. How do you feel about that? And how do you plan on adjusting your play style for this game(because this is a bastard game)?
Griffinpup: You have a day kill that can only be used on day one. Would you use it, and if so, who would you use it on?
Everybody: What should you do about a dog that is being a little too persistent in getting your attention?
fillipk: Generate a role for me using this role name: Ze Toon Artiste.
Dustan Hache: Same request. But don't look at fillipk's generation until you're done with yours. Same goes for you, fillipk.
Tiruin: What do you think this day's name refers to?
juicebox: So... how did you typically play Mafia(as in, what was your play style) in your previous game type?
Teneb: What do you think of RVS? And are you a third party?
TheBiggerFish: What do you think of hector13?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2016, 09:02:28 am »

Everybody: What should you do about a dog that is being a little too persistent in getting your attention?
fillipk: Generate a role for me using this role name: Ze Toon Artiste.
Dustan Hache: Same request. But don't look at fillipk's generation until you're done with yours. Same goes for you, fillipk.
Figure out what heck the dog wants. it has to be getting my attention for a reason right?

As for your role generation..
Spoiler: ze toon artiste (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2016, 10:10:01 am »

TBF
TBF: obvscum

I find it hard to believe you missed the question immediately after that, which would have given you an idea of the reason behind my vote, particularly since a lot of the questions I asked you after that (aka "follow-up") followed the same theme. Shall I give you the benefit of the doubt? No, I don't think I will.

@juicebox:Compare facts against roles, compare roles against actions, compare themes against claims.  Probably going to be harder here because we don't know the original makeup of the team, nor is there an overarching thematic element in evidence, but, it's not impossible.

Presently you have only really asked about the flavour, and justified asking about the flavour. How are you going to find these facts to compare them against the flavour if all you're doing is asking about flavour?

juicebox

I plan on doing some good ol' scumhunting

What are you looking for when you look for scum?

What are you looking for when you look for town?

Dustan

Dustan: how much experience of forum Mafia do you have in general, and on B12 specifically? Your little... I don't know, analysis? of my vote bothers me, especially since you told me how I should use it.

I might not be used to the slower pace of forum mafia as of yet, having only played a bastard game, but in my personal experience playing regular mafia, randomly voting people up is a very scummy thing to do.
Maybe there's a method to your madness, maybe you're a executioner who just hates someone's guts. I don't know yet, but random voting rarely leads to a true scum lynch.

How random (meaning without pattern, method, conscious decision) do you think the vote was? Is it coincidental that I voted the only person to have posted anything at that point in the game?

Also, at that point there was 60+ hours until the end of the day, how likely do you think it is that my vote will remain on TBF for the day's entirety? (though this question is more for at the time rather than now. Now it looks increasingly likely...)

The reason I ask is a vote in this doesn't work like it does in ToS, at least as far as I remember. You can only vote at day end in ToS, while here - as you noted - you can vote whenever you like, and change your vote whenever you like. This makes the vote more dynamic, and it can be used as a tool for scumhunting.

The reason I asked about your experience is that in vanilla games, every townie has a vote, and this vote is the only thing they can use to get rid of the scum. Given that I put a great deal of stock in the day game of every game I play, when someone tells another someone how to use that vote, it's like they're trying to take away their voice, and that is something I do not appreciate. I wasn't voting you for doing that because I wasn't sure about your experience of forum mafia, and TBF is doing slightly more scummy things.

Be warned, however; you are on the scumdar.

Flavor can be important in allowing people to determine roles. The more you know about the others and their abilities, the more likely you will be able to point out inconsistencies and in turn, possibly scummy players.

How will flavour help you determine these things? Flavour may give you an idea, but considering you weren't the one to come up with the idea... how close to the actual role and action do you think you'll get, knowing only flavour?

2: Voting people up on day 1/2 (can't vote till day 2 on TOS normally) Is a very jester/executioner thing to do. add on the blind claim of scum with no supporting evidence and you got a very suspicious vote with no logical reason to be there if the player is a townie.

3: Given the lack of information in the current state of the game, it's not really sound to vote someone up quite yet. I also don't know if we actually do have exe/jester-like third parties, meaning that a vote up this early could potentially be dangerous.

Again, many hours left 'til day end. Lots of things can happen in the mean time. What do you think I was trying to do - at the very, very start of D1 - throwing an unsupported accusation with a vote on someone? Nobody is getting lynched then, excepting bizarre day-ending actions...

I'll post more in a bit, inclement weather could turn nasty so I'm going to... do something else :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2016, 10:48:23 am »

TDS and Tiruin: Of all the players in the game, who are you most and least worried about?

Most: Tiruin, because I can't read her.

Least: hector13, because his town play is much stronger than his scum play.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2016, 10:54:59 am »

EBWOP:

TheDarkStar: Do you think you're going to be killed night one?

It depends on when I roleclaim. :P

See what it wants?

Dustan Hache, does this vote make you feel uncomfortable?

juicebox, what is the main indicator you look for to decide if someone is scum?

griffinpup, if you were a doctor, how would you decide who to heal?

Teneb, how early would you claim an important ability like rolecop or doctor?

TBF, if someone claimed third party, would you policy-lynch them?

fillipk, do you think it will eventually be worthwhile to claim flavortext?

Everyone: Does your role flavor hint at changes in your role?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2016, 11:11:26 am »

Hector13: I found the vote to be entirely out of the blue with no apparent reason for it beyond "you could" EG: Random to the point where it would be considered a scummy vote. The fact that it came up after TBF posted first is coincidence.

You are incorrect about only being able to vote at the end of the day and being able to unvote. You are able to do those things in TOS, but only after the first night. You do not vote during the first day in TOS. Keep in mind, we are comparing a minute long vote period (with a 30 second discussion phase beforehand) to a 60 hour phase where voting up a player also is voting to lynch them without a second trial.

Flavor is a reliable source of information, but only with a secondary source to match it up with. for instance, a flavored investigation could give a hint to the abilities of a role (EG: you investigate someone and it is found they carry weapons, assuming a normal mafia game. That means they could be a vigilante or a mafia member.) Which in turn can lead to "true" investigations if a claim made by the investigated does not match up.

The reasoning behind your day1 lynch vote could be one of two things: A attempt to inspire a bandwagon lynch (which is unlikely, given the slow nature of the game.) or an attempt to "Pressure" a player that you believe to be scummy into giving up into answering, which may or may not work.

Unfortunately, I do not know what you are and therefore cannot determine your motive so easily. A investigative role could probably tell something that would link your vote to your role or yourself. I am not a investigator however..

Darkstar: No, just annoyed that people are randomly voting eachother up with no rhyme or reason to it in my eyes. Need more information before I can give a solid vote. I still would like to know why you are voting me up though.

My role flavor didn't give anything blaringly obvious, though I might of missed something.

Now, Please don't hug me, I'm scared.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2016, 11:30:04 am »

juicebox

I plan on doing some good ol' scumhunting

What are you looking for when you look for scum?

What are you looking for when you look for town?

juicebox, what is the main indicator you look for to decide if someone is scum?

When looking for scum, I think one of the biggest tells is deliberately lying about something, since town has no real reason to lie. I also look for jumpiness and overdefensiveness, chainsawing, deflecting, and other scumtells, but the biggest one for me is lying.

For town I'm looking for a player to be reasonably active, and actively contributing. They need to be actvely scumhunting and/or using their role to benefit town.

juicebox: So... how did you typically play Mafia(as in, what was your play style) in your previous game type?

I tried to stay under the radar while still contributing to the game

If it's my dog, I see what it wants. Otherwise, I get far away

Everyone: Does your role flavor hint at changes in your role?

I guess, maybe. I don't really know. It could be but I'm not really sure. Does yours?

Dustan: Are you familiar with the concept of pressure voting?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2016, 11:34:27 am »

@TDS:I don't policy-lynch anybody except maybe roo.

That said, it does depend on which third-party they claim.

Working backwards....More coming.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31