Bisexual
- 34 (27.4%)
Heterosexual
- 66 (53.2%)
Other
- 18 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Sexual orientation  (Read 10777 times)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sexual orientation
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 01:45:50 am »

Seriously? Just 2 homosexual persons here?

There was a similar poll a couple years ago which had similar results - iirc about 5% homosexual vs about 20% bisexual and 10% asexual (out of something like 500 votes).

To answer the original questions:
No.
Not that I'm aware of.
Don't think so.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 05:19:57 am »

Given that i can imagine both men and women that i'd find very attractive, i'm pretty sure i'm bisexual (the tiny amount of romantic orientation i have is hetero, however). This would also explain why i've had such a difficult time trying to figure out whether i'm gay or straight, since technically i am both. :U

As for the questions:
- Nope, entirely unimportant unless one is to have sexual intercourse.
- Well, my subconscious reacts in a funky manner, but i don't consciously judge people because who am i to judge them for what they love? (... especially given my own sexuality)
- I originally both stated and thought myself to be heterosexual, but apparently things can change when hot enough dudes are presented. Thankfully, bisexuality doesn't exclude reproduction. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 06:31:14 am »

Do you think that it is important for you ahen you meet another person?
Do you judge other persons based on their sexuality?
Has your orientation changed at any point of your life?
1. No.
2. No.
3. Not that I'm aware of, no.

Next poll please.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 06:32:48 am »

I do however harbor a certain dislike for the third gender.
There are men and women and you are somewhere on that sliding scale.
Jut make your pick and stop telling people to refer to you as "they" or whatever pronouns tumblr invented.
There is a sliding scale for sexuality (indeed, one can slide along it). But this isn't even the same as the scale for sex (bodily composition1, as a mix of phenotype, chemistry and DNA, or best guess where they mismatch) or gender (what the mind thinks2, perhaps the least measurable or confirmable comparison, but heartfelt by the individual nonetheless).

A simplified way to remember: gender is what's between your ears; sex is what's between your legs; sexuality is who's between your legs.

1 Ambiguous genitalia exist, and may be considered 'fixed' at birth except for hormonal 'revelations or surgical intervention. (In recent times, infants have been altered by well-meaning doctors, but I think "wait and see what they want for themselves" has been a growing policy, aside from anything necessary for actual congenital problems.)

2 Very fluid.  As in the fluidity itself is a fluid thing.  Hard to know how much people are 'persuaded' to adopt their physical sex as their gender, like they may have been asked to 'play' the heterosexual despite their actual tendencies, but examples exist to show that mind/body mismatches are possible, even with the full force of nurture behind the physical side.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 06:34:56 am by Starver »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 06:40:18 am »

Thankfully, bisexuality doesn't exclude reproduction. :v
... neither does homosexuality. Hell, neither does asexuality. Artificial stuff aside, you don't have to be attracted to someone to have sex with them -- and surrogacy is a thing, too.

The only thing that comes close to excluding reproduction is infertility, really... and I'm pretty sure we're fairly decent at working around that these days. If there's will, you probably got ways, regardless of your fornicative inclinations
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 07:23:01 am »

True, i guess i misspoke a bit there; what i meant is that if you're homosexual and only have sex with your preferred gender, it isn't going to produce anything. There are of course multiple ways around this, as you say. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2016, 07:38:07 pm »

Yes, hanging out with anyone who isn't an attack helicopter is very frustrating.
Yes, as an attack-helicopter-kin I judge everyone who is incapable of hovering and blowing up tanks from miles away.
Yes, I didn't always know I was an attack-helicopter-kin until I noticed how aroused I got an an airshow watching the Apaches fly in.
BRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2016, 07:49:47 pm »

Yes, hanging out with anyone who isn't an attack helicopter is very frustrating.
Yes, as an attack-helicopter-kin I judge everyone who is incapable of hovering and blowing up tanks from miles away.
Yes, I didn't always know I was an attack-helicopter-kin until I noticed how aroused I got an an airshow watching the Apaches fly in.
BRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Oh baby... meet me in the back room and bring your meatcannon.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2016, 09:00:50 pm »

This is a pretty hostile thread environment. I think that I'll have to start putting .50 and MPAT in the air.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »

Huh, I didn't realize there were more bisexuals than homosexuals out there.

This is a pretty hostile thread environment. I think that I'll have to start putting .50 and MPAT in the air.

Everyone knows air superiority is the deciding factor in modern warfare

like what are you even trying to do
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2016, 09:37:16 pm »

OP should change the thread name to helicopterkin dating thread.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2016, 10:15:26 pm »

RE: the OP, I guess my orientation has sorta changed over time; I've always more or less felt this way, but how I felt About how I felt has definitely changed. In the last decade or so, I've realized and come to accept facets of myself that I didn't when I was younger.

Was raised with pretty strict gender roles, and was shamed pretty hard whenever I strayed from them. In the early teens I started to feel more comfortable with my femininity, and all kinds of other stuff I'd been Nurtured out of. I've always been more sexually attracted to Women than Men, but around High School I started allowing myself to genuinely find both sexes romantically attractive, if that makes sense?

I appreciate beauty and all that, but when picking my friends or romancing someone, I've always been far more interested in who they were than in what their body is shaped like. Studying the origin and purpose of Gender Roles in society, reconciling that my body is just a meat-machine that contains and sustains me (and that tweaking it is A-OK), finally realizing I was Trans, and all that has cast Gender as pretty artificial to present-day me... which makes all my past fretting over orientations and Gender Roles seem kinda silly in hindsight? Maybe not everyone feels that way, but that's where I find my heart settling these days, if that answers your question.

OP should change the thread name to helicopterkin dating thread.

Guys, you're weirding up the thread again. :I

Just kidding I would support this.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:17:47 pm by Solifuge »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2016, 10:42:54 pm »

Sorry but I saw something along those lines once and well, I can't be trusted with polls, microphones, anything of the sort.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2016, 10:44:29 pm »

I once asked around for an AA-gun dating meetup, but just got sent to some place with people trying to not get drunk...

They were alright, except for this one guy who I think preferred surface to air missiles going the other way around!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2016, 11:16:36 pm »

Do you think that it is important for you ahen you meet another person?
Yes. I'm very curious about what other people like to screw

Do you judge other persons based on their sexuality?
Yes. Bi people are the worst, they should pick a side in the upcoming Gay Wars rather than behaving like despicable neutrals

Has your orientation changed at any point of your life?
No, I've always been really hot for BBC

The TV thing, that is
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7