Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 787187 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1425 on: February 25, 2017, 01:52:28 pm »

Maybe. I recall someone's guessed july, another's guessed september, and I've said I'll be happy if we get a 2017 update at all.

Yeah, it was me. With the GDC thing and the textbook, I think that adds 1 month delay, not more ! So september is still my best guess :)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 25, 2017, 03:15:42 pm »

In before new year and we're still waiting for .43.06. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 25, 2017, 09:37:46 pm »

probably 0.45.01, or at least that's what i'm betting on

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 26, 2017, 11:29:34 am »

Toady, how will player adventurer named items be treated in a player fortress? Would they just be treated as another unique blue named item in the artifact screen?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 26, 2017, 04:05:37 pm »

That's what I would expect.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 27, 2017, 11:12:50 am »

@Kitsune
Your energetic behaviour fills me with determination!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 27, 2017, 11:40:40 am »

@Kitsune
Your energetic behaviour fills me with determination!

Rubik confirmed for Focused!
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:53 pm »

How far off are forts being able to send requests for monster hunters or groups of mercenaries to show up at the fort?
Will player forts be able to offer quests to visitors?
Seeing as there's been a bit of inaction from invaders since the world came alive will there be actions within a fort that can cause invaders to show up more often?
Has the Loyalty cascade bug been addressed at all given that there was something like that with the guard and the lord or might this issue be dealt with in the future?

Some might have been asked, I'm more looking forward to the Fortress Starting Scenarios then massive magic one. I just want pointless laws and a dysfunctional society.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:03:59 pm by KillzEmAllGod »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 27, 2017, 10:26:07 pm »

How far off are forts being able to send requests for monster hunters or groups of mercenaries to show up at the fort?
Will player forts be able to offer quests to visitors?
Seeing as there's been a bit of inaction from invaders since the world came alive will there be actions within a fort that can cause invaders to show up more often?
Has the Loyalty cascade bug been addressed at all given that there was something like that with the guard and the lord or might this issue be dealt with in the future?

Some might have been asked, I'm more looking forward to the Fortress Starting Scenarios then massive magic one. I just want pointless laws and a dysfunctional society.
Doesn't seem very important to be able to request mercs right now. Open an inn and hundreds turn up whether you want them or not.

Invaders turn up just fine. They're just set to not show up until you reach population 80. Which takes quite a while so some people think they've gone missing like in the last release. Just change the trigger to something lower if you want sieges sooner.

Artifacts will also be attractors of invaders in the next release. Not quite sure how much impact that will have though. Theoretically it might cause people other than those at the nearest site to come and attack you. Which would be nice as that site running out of troops is a reason sieges might stop coming right now.

Loyalty cascades are very much toned down compared to before. Even a recent report during the last release of visitors suddenly fighting due to a siege was addressed and tweaked more. The devblog confusion was caused by something completely new, so irrelevant (and fixed already before release apparently). "Loyalty cascade bug" is not any one thing, it's a result of having deeply conflicted, complex individuals populating the world.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:28:53 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 28, 2017, 07:32:37 pm »

I hope Toady One answers my questions in his upcoming Future of the Fortress reply.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 28, 2017, 08:02:45 pm »

Doesn't seem very important to be able to request mercs right now. Open an inn and hundreds turn up whether you want them or not.

Invaders turn up just fine. They're just set to not show up until you reach population 80. Which takes quite a while so some people think they've gone missing like in the last release. Just change the trigger to something lower if you want sieges sooner.

Artifacts will also be attractors of invaders in the next release. Not quite sure how much impact that will have though. Theoretically it might cause people other than those at the nearest site to come and attack you. Which would be nice as that site running out of troops is a reason sieges might stop coming right now.

Loyalty cascades are very much toned down compared to before. Even a recent report during the last release of visitors suddenly fighting due to a siege was addressed and tweaked more. The devblog confusion was caused by something completely new, so irrelevant (and fixed already before release apparently). "Loyalty cascade bug" is not any one thing, it's a result of having deeply conflicted, complex individuals populating the world.
[/quote]
Not seen a monster hunter show up yet.

Invaders have other places in the would to be attacking so the fortress isn't the only target.

Loyalty cascades are strange so might just rephrase that to How does identities impact factions and loyalties?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 28, 2017, 10:07:00 pm »

Monster hunters are acknowledged to be broken. Or they're so rare they never show up. Or are actually those crossbow mercs that do show up but their petitions are broken. Something like that.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 01, 2017, 12:19:46 am »

I hope Toady One answers my questions in his upcoming Future of the Fortress reply.
he doesnt usually leave many of them unanswered

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1438 on: March 03, 2017, 06:05:48 am »

With the advent of the new mentioned "sending folks off the map" for artifact fetching situations, will we see more discrete explicit strategic interactions come into play in concerns with nearby sites and their holders, or is that for another release cycle? For instance, making deliberate diplomatic demands/requests to groups associated with nearby sites, as well as receiving them likewise.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 05, 2017, 06:34:25 am »

In the current version, once you found a fortress near a goblin civ, they declare war on your civilization and usually end up decimating them. Sometimes goblins also declare war on nearby human and elf civs, conquer their sites and make you unable to trade with them.

So, two questions: why do goblins declare war on your civ if you settle near them and what makes goblins so successful in conquest post-world gen?
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 211