Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406651 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2895 on: December 19, 2017, 07:23:12 am »

In the long term, do you see the emulation of bureaucratic functions necessary, or best left abstracted? Both for worldgen history keeping, as well as active-fortress and adventure level actions.
For instance, attempting to get a loan from a local banker, or making written dictations of laws on sites by siteholders.
The question doesn't concern whether these actions can happen, but whether the guts and causes of said actions would occur (paperwork, people passing along dictations among groups, et cetera).

The long-term (as in, 20 years) plan is for almost nothing to be abstracted, so there's that.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: December 19, 2017, 07:28:27 am »

Do you plan on adding funeral rites?
"Sounds good, no schedule, check notes". Probably.

Probably will come in together with magic&myths.
Perhaps. But "Possible expansion of religious and family concepts..." comes under starting scenarios (which seems to be everything society, law and politics related) so it may not be until later.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: December 19, 2017, 08:02:45 am »

The long-term (as in, 20 years) plan is for almost nothing to be abstracted, so there's that.

I don't think that is true.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: December 19, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »

Are there any easter eggs still hidden in the game that players haven't found yet?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: December 19, 2017, 09:03:11 pm »

Are there any easter eggs still hidden in the game that players haven't found yet?

DFHackers would unearth them a while ago if that was true.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: December 20, 2017, 12:06:11 am »

There is that weird thing with the slab that reads "I am watching" and the mysterious dwarf face that pops up afterwards, which only one person has encountered.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: December 20, 2017, 12:08:30 am »

There is that weird thing with the slab that reads "I am watching" and the mysterious dwarf face that pops up afterwards, which only one person has encountered.

fake, "i am watching" is not in the string dump

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: December 20, 2017, 12:16:09 am »

Link to thread?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: December 20, 2017, 09:42:33 pm »

I misremembered it slightly; the slab purportedly read "Woe to you that disturbs my resting place. I am watching still"
However, you're right, as that's not in the string-dump either. There's " watches still," but that obviously doesn't work for the first-person. Good catch, that.

Link to thread?
Here you go.
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: December 20, 2017, 09:55:59 pm »

I misremembered it slightly; the slab purportedly read "Woe to you that disturbs my resting place. I am watching still"
However, you're right, as that's not in the string-dump either. There's " watches still," but that obviously doesn't work for the first-person. Good catch, that.

Link to thread?
Here you go.

Most likely fake due to not being in string dump. Half-baked creepypasta that isn't creepy.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:58:50 pm by KittyTac »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: December 21, 2017, 12:55:35 am »

Is this...half-baked creepypasta based off a misreading of the mummy slab text, really? Oh great Meatgod, save us from the degeneracy we've sunken to. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: December 21, 2017, 01:19:03 am »

Is this...half-baked creepypasta based off a misreading of the mummy slab text, really? Oh great Meatgod, save us from the degeneracy we've sunken to. :V
Let us not forget the fake Demon of Lies screenshot. That one spread to both the subreddit and TVTropes, despite having nothing resembling genuine dialogue.
"I must leave."
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: December 21, 2017, 01:19:56 am »

Note that that was created 2 years ago. Also, link to demon of lies?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: December 21, 2017, 01:31:20 am »

Note that that was created 2 years ago. Also, link to demon of lies?
Here's the original.
In the course of searching for that, I discovered that someone made an animation out of it. Armok have mercy.
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Lordfiscus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: December 21, 2017, 02:06:53 am »

Will the magic system allow for blood magic and fleshwarping/crafting powers, possibly akin to something like the SCP Foundation's Sarkic Cults, or the Flesh Golems in D&D? Will we be able to make horrific abominations and tame them?

I'm also interested in knowing if holy relics will enable the user to call upon divine power, whether instant death/save or die spells will be implemented or not, and whether or not the player will be able to specify spell-based weather in worldgen, e.g make it rain healing potion or rain the components needed for a constant death or poison curse in the affected area.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 211