Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 749095 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Foo, bar, quux, baz...
    • View Profile
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2941 on: December 29, 2017, 12:30:13 am »

Why are we no longer able to "join as heathperson?" Is there a reason for this? Also, do you plan to set it up so we can ask about certain artifacts at some point? Like with the next few releases or no? Makes it much harder to seek artifacts heh
i LIKE LOVECRAFT
My website:
untrustedlife.com
Check out the open source simulation game I am developing!
Thrive

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #2942 on: December 29, 2017, 02:58:28 am »

Why are we no longer able to "join as heathperson?" Is there a reason for this? . . .

I don't doubt that you couldn't ask that particular lord, but Toady didn't remove that option.

From 44.03:
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: December 29, 2017, 03:15:20 am »

Maybe you're asking the lord's consort rather than, such a question probably could have been asked & answered on another thread rather than specifically greenied for toady to answer if its not in regards to the development process.

falcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: December 29, 2017, 01:36:29 pm »

What is the near term fate of intelligent/can-learn animal prisoners? Any chance they'll ever get access to the petition screen to be released or apply for citizenship? It seems cruel that I can make a gremlin my mayor, I can tame a cave croc and breed it, but a learning-capable troll or rodent person blunders into a trap and it's gotta die.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: December 29, 2017, 04:57:04 pm »

What is the near term fate of intelligent/can-learn animal prisoners? Any chance they'll ever get access to the petition screen to be released or apply for citizenship? ~SNIP~.

You can really just remove the coloration up until that point (roughly) and leave the rest as your context rather than the entire question. Some more animal people stuff or if you really want to get nitty gritty in general, animalperson population (such as inter-racial migration) is slated for between the hill-dwarf arc & the law & property arc to a certain degree.

Gremlins are kind of finnicky though, in the same kind of wierd vein of the old elven imported tigermen with the added dimension of also being relatively painful to keep trained and juggle a wierd pseudo pet-state. Keeping prisoners (i mean any race, just in general prisoners of a civ perhaps different to your own) is a entirely different kettle of fish where i don't know where it might be particularly found on the development plan or a appropriate place where it falls if Toady has even thought about it in-depth.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2946 on: December 29, 2017, 09:52:03 pm »

Why are we no longer able to "join as heathperson?" Is there a reason for this? . . .

I don't doubt that you couldn't ask that particular lord, but Toady didn't remove that option.

From 44.03:

Odd, Iíve tried with all my adventures in this world and the option is still nonexistent with all of them. But, my main query was about artifacts and is perhaps getting the ability to ask about them.did you create this world in 44.03?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:55:07 pm by Untrustedlife »
i LIKE LOVECRAFT
My website:
untrustedlife.com
Thrive

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2947 on: December 29, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »

Maybe you're asking the lord's consort rather than, such a question probably could have been asked & answered on another thread rather than specifically greenied for toady to answer if its not in regards to the development process.
nah, im asking lords. (I only play adventure mode, and alot of it, and im one of the main contributors to that part of the wiki -_- been here awhile, long time, years anyway. )
That was only the first third of my query, I of course followed it with a question  about artifacts. And asking about specific ones, think asking about the one ring for example, itís something we canít currently do.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:23:54 pm by Untrustedlife »
i LIKE LOVECRAFT
My website:
untrustedlife.com
Thrive

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #2948 on: December 30, 2017, 12:53:26 am »

<snip>. . .But, my main query was about artifacts and is perhaps getting the ability to ask about them.did you create this world in 44.03?

Yes, I did generate that world in 44.03

I'm curious about the ability to ask about artifacts as well. I just thought your first question was odd enough to check it out myself. Have you tried a new world?
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

Maxô

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: December 30, 2017, 10:28:00 pm »

I love the infodump when you show artifacts and get the "yes, don't need that, don't need that... oooh, soandso wants THAT back, and I really would appreciate you returning THIS to us if you don't mind" popup.

Having those to check on rumors to ask about is also handy, but was the spam of "absence of item x at site w, u, v, y, z, and so on" intentional or should I check if there is already a bug report for that?

Also love being able to babble prophesies, are there other hidden-ish options available under other identities?
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: January 01, 2018, 11:50:21 am »

What tags specifically make the night trolls do as they do? Trying to make a few custom ones,
but what tags are needed for a custom night troll?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: January 01, 2018, 12:37:01 pm »

This post should get you started. Not all of the tags I noted down there should be required, but it may be best to keep them.

What exactly is required for a spouse converter to actually transform their prisoners?... SNIP...
There's a bit of luck involved with regards whether night trolls transform civ members, even among the in-game generated ones. Reviewing those, they have [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER], [BIOME]s, [LAIR]s, [LARGE_PREDATOR], [SUPERNATURAL], one caste with [SPOUSE_CONVERTER], and one caste with [CONVERTED_SPOUSE] (though more castes of each do work, I've done that myself). The same applies to my hag and beast scripts, and the night creatures in my mod, which do reproduce at least occasionally (except the one with DIFFICULTY:11, but that's by design).
Direforged Mod v1.3b for 0.43.05 (Updated Dec 28th 2016)
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations for 0.42.06 (Updated Mar 27th 2016)
Castle Otu

falcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: January 01, 2018, 03:50:15 pm »

i don't know where it might be particularly found on the development plan or a appropriate place where it falls if Toady has even thought about it in-depth.

Dang. If only there were somewhere I could go to ask Toady about his future plans.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: January 01, 2018, 10:21:13 pm »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: January 01, 2018, 10:38:34 pm »

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 211