Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406957 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2016, 02:56:02 am »

The title of your reddit post has 2016...  does it build it from the rss pubDate instead of the (wrong) title?  Maybe it will have to get another skill rating boost.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2016, 03:01:03 am »

Can we have giant desert scorpions before they go as extinct as curious underground structures? ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2016, 03:12:21 am »

The title of your reddit post has 2016...  does it build it from the rss pubDate instead of the (wrong) title?  Maybe it will have to get another skill rating boost.

Just grabs the date from my computer, since I know that I happen to live in the same timezone and I poll the RSS often enough that that won't fail unless for some reason you decide to update within 20 seconds of midnight.

Can we have giant desert scorpions before they go as extinct as curious underground structures? ;w;

I mean... it is a raw object. I know "mod it in" is usually unsatisfactory, but here it's trivial. 0.42.04 was the last version to have them, and I'm not sure if the creature raws have changed any since then.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:19:13 am by Putnam »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2016, 03:24:18 am »

I mean... it is a raw object. I know "mod it in" is usually unsatisfactory, but here it's trivial. 0.42.04 was the last version to have them, and I'm not sure if the creature raws have changed any since then.

To repeat the point I've tried to make:

It is frustrating BECAUSE it is so trivial to fix.

It takes me a whopping 5 seconds to copy-paste it when I get a new version. Or, it would take Toady the same 5 seconds to fix this permanently, or at least until he reworks them to add normal and anthro versions.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2016, 03:43:03 am »

Giant Desert Scorpions are extinct. Toady promised a relacement scorpion, not the return of the GDS.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2016, 05:25:45 am »

C'mon, RD. You've posted about it multiple times and put up a suggestion thread. Everyone has a pet bug or feature they'd wish Toady would drop everything for but the trick is not to nag about it.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2016, 06:23:37 am »

PTW

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2016, 06:31:54 am »

It's a new thread! Let us celebrate the cycle of thread-death and thread-birth!
PTW
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2016, 06:40:41 am »

C'mon, RD. You've posted about it multiple times and put up a suggestion thread. Everyone has a pet bug or feature they'd wish Toady would drop everything for but the trick is not to nag about it.
But most bugs tend to be complex to fix.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2016, 06:50:32 am »

It's not a bug. It's a missing feature. Which, yes, was there originally which is why Mr Dragon is upset, but..er...think of it as if it were the DF economy. That was there once, and now isn't. But we all know it'll be back one day having evolved into a magnificent butterfly. So just leave it be and one day the desert will be full of butterflies again (with pincers and stinging tails...).

Yeah...butterflies...sounds about right.

Now how about them Gorlak adventurers and their lack of door opening skill?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2016, 07:05:48 am »

I'd wager most bugs are unknown to fix.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2016, 09:31:12 am »

PTW

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 11:33:00 am »

Now how about them Gorlak adventurers and their lack of door opening skill?

Well, guess I'm adding "give gorlaks ability to open doors" to Adventurecraft while I'm at it. -_-

Any more "what the fuck" trivial raw tweaks on the list?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2016, 11:53:19 am »

I'd wager most bugs are unknown to fix.

Spamming minor/trivial or low priority re-distributions of issue reports on mantis is heavily not recommended but it'd get them looked at i feel. So no awareness bumping, pity but it saves effort in having to recheck all the relations to a issue all the time.

This one is my biggest personal pet peeve bugs, and i've made numerous suggestions on how to improve it, or just somewhat improve the systems related to it #1 #2 #3 (And the thread where i found out this trivial bug in the first place #4)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ToadyOne, I couldn't help but notice in the old FOTF thread that my question was overlooked despite being called out as a contributor on your reply statements. If it is at all possible, could you please check and re-issue any other questions you may have missed due to the thread size constraints?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a trivial 'what the fuck' raw thing for you.

> Because dwarves never pro-actively declare offensive wars in world gen, [CONQUERED_SITE] and [POSITION:FORCED_ADMINISTRATOR] (when they are not procedurally generated for other more hostile races) are dead tags with room to be interesting because they DO work and allow responsibilities comfortably (as demonstrated by my own experiments with goblins).

If i remember correctly, dwarf worldgen hostility might be the prevailing bug with a issue already on mantis, but you could use the above raws as a basis to give some idea how it affects gameplay in order to bump up the priority.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2016, 12:05:35 pm »

Oh, I remember pasting that one into the text file...  I must have deleted it when I consolidated those two other ocean/port questions.

Yeah, we had some old dev items about kelp forests and tide pools, and we grew up on those Ray Harryhausen movies that often took place on the sea, so hopefully our first release to include adv mode captains will have some interesting additions.  The main issue (aside from any speed issues) will probably be getting them to interact properly with multitile boats in a way that threatens the player.  It'd be funny if a single-tile W could stove the ship.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 211