Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406623 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Future of the Fortress
« on: July 01, 2016, 06:34:16 pm »

Development log
Development page

The purpose of the thread is to discuss current developments.  Specific bugs should be reported on the bug tracker, and specific suggestions belong for the most part in the suggestion forum.  Questions and comments about the development page or DF development somewhat more broadly work here, though any contentious topics that lead to derails are discouraged -- there are threads for those too.

If you have specific questions, I'll try to answer them all, although it is difficult to respond to everything when it is busy.  I'll lean toward questions that involve current developments to avoid pulling the entire suggestion forum in here.  In the past, we've all found the practice of making questions limegreen works pretty well.  You do that like this:
Code: [Select]
[color=limegreen]making questions limegreen[/color]

Here is the last reply from the last thread (two parts):

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140544.msg7073586#msg7073586
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140544.msg7073587#msg7073587

At the time of this thread's creation, the current plan was to clean up and finish the 64-bit release, and then move on to artifacts, myths and magic, before tackling embark scenarios and their associated frameworks (law, property, customs, status, etc.).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »

Go Go Go Go

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 07:29:46 pm »

Oh boy, we really getting into it now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 07:37:33 pm »

Wooh boy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 07:39:41 pm »

Oh my, things be happening.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 08:50:32 pm »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SatelliteOfLove

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 09:06:10 pm »

Sincere thanks for the Linux 64-bit version.  Have you considered taking a poll to see just how important 32-bit Linux versions are?

Sheila

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 09:23:42 pm »

Toady, my dwarves keep getting stuck in trees! By the time I find some of them it's generally too late.
I'm convinced this is a vile scheme from the elves to eliminate the entire dwarven race, that must be why they're so defensive of their trees. This makes me paranoid of having trees nearby, any chance this'll be fixed soon?  :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 09:51:29 pm »

Keep on trucking!

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 09:58:19 pm »

PTW
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 10:08:16 pm »

1. Are there any plans to allow for public transportation? You know, rent a wagon or something similar.

2. Will it eventually be possible to create a non-conventional transportation system? Perhaps a system of portals allowing for quick transit or a BALLOON OF GLORIOUS DWARVENNESS.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 10:09:13 pm »

Sincere thanks for the Linux 64-bit version.  Have you considered taking a poll to see just how important 32-bit Linux versions are?
32 bit is much easier to get rid of for linux.
Toady, my dwarves keep getting stuck in trees! By the time I find some of them it's generally too late.
I'm convinced this is a vile scheme from the elves to eliminate the entire dwarven race, that must be why they're so defensive of their trees. This makes me paranoid of having trees nearby, any chance this'll be fixed soon?  :)
You can do this yourself, the way starts with "m" and rhymes with "quagma" and starts fires.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 11:04:39 pm »

Oh. Toady ate the old FotF. Doh. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 11:13:09 pm »

Thanks for the answers Toady and thanks for the shiny new thread!  Everything all pretty and new looking like a brand new fortress embark on a beautiful pristine volcano.

Everything will be covered in blood and vomit within the week.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 11:20:56 pm »

Don't forget the delicious kobold infestation.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 211