Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406667 times)

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #465 on: August 22, 2016, 11:30:14 am »

What are the exact benefits of being focused? What sort of penalties does the game inflict on dwarves and adventurers that are unfocused? (besides from the negative thought)
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 22, 2016, 11:40:44 am »

What are the exact benefits of being focused? What sort of penalties does the game inflict on dwarves and adventurers that are unfocused? (besides from the negative thought)

It would be nice to get confirmnation from Toady what that does, yes. I've heard others that that being filled with determination focused affects rate of experience gain like in CDDA, while others have suggested buffs to general skill rolls.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 22, 2016, 11:41:30 am »

I've heard it makes you much more accurate.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 22, 2016, 11:47:29 am »

That's what I meant by buffs, though I'm not sure if that means JUST combat accuracy, or skill rolls in general (and skills are important for hitting enemies).

But I'm also thinking very high odds that whoever first said that saw "focused" and assumed it meant how focused on a target you are, so I have no way of knowing how true that hypothesis is. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 22, 2016, 12:14:51 pm »

Does the "socialize" activity develop dwarves' relationships and skills?

Will there be more social activities besides storytelling and performing in the future?

Any plans for other decorational furniture besides display cases?
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 22, 2016, 01:50:10 pm »

Does the "socialize" activity develop dwarves' relationships and skills?

Will there be more social activities besides storytelling and performing in the future?

Any plans for other decorational furniture besides display cases?

First one is the only actual question. Before the current "social" version (i.e. 0.34) idling dwarves were able to polish their flattering, lying and comforting skills, among others, when they were mingling together, and I'm sure that feature hasn't been scraped since then. So yes, their social skills get a raise when they socialize, although I believe is a really small increase. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The second and third are not Future of the Fortress questions, they resemble something more like suggestions and unscheduled features: yes to both, no timeline available. That also applies to your unanswered priest question from the previous page.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 22, 2016, 01:55:48 pm »

The second and third are not Future of the Fortress questions, they resemble something more like suggestions and unscheduled features: yes to both, no timeline available. That also applies to your unanswered priest question from the previous page.

Asking Toady whether he has plans regarding an impending feature is suggestion-ish, but still useful if it provokes input regarding the dev's to-do list.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 22, 2016, 05:12:10 pm »

Asking Toady whether he has plans regarding an impending feature is suggestion-ish, but still useful if it provokes input regarding the dev's to-do list.
Which is specifically what the suggestion forum does. Everything there goes on Toady's list. A month or two back he specifically said that stuff suggested here is more likely to be lost.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 22, 2016, 06:33:17 pm »

True. It would be better to ask what Toady's next plans are regarding the impending features that would support those ideas, and make the suggestion proper in the suggestions section.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 22, 2016, 06:37:33 pm »

True. It would be better to ask what Toady's next plans are regarding the impending features that would support those ideas, and make the suggestion proper in the suggestions section.
Occasionally a Suggestion thread gets to the point where a FOTF question is appropriate.  "We have a lively thread going in the Suggestion forum about restocking aquatic creatures in the caverns, but it has polarized into a debate over whether a tree that falls in a forest with no one around to hear it makes a sound or not..."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »

Trees don't make sounds unless they have [utterances].
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 22, 2016, 07:28:30 pm »

Plus, it does serve the purpose of trying to probe some info out of Toady, which makes it better than some ways to ask about those ideas.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 22, 2016, 07:47:06 pm »

Using dfhack with a superskilled adventurer being Focused! raised my base accuracy with the same attack on the same target at the same difficult/square target from 13k > 23k, being Distracted dropped me to 9k. There is some amount of skill roll success rate but I couldn't track down where to quantify it exactly, but it feels like it is a similar size effect, call it -25% to +75%?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 22, 2016, 08:10:05 pm »

Using dfhack with a superskilled adventurer being Focused! raised my base accuracy with the same attack on the same target at the same difficult/square target from 13k > 23k, being Distracted dropped me to 9k. There is some amount of skill roll success rate but I couldn't track down where to quantify it exactly, but it feels like it is a similar size effect, call it -25% to +75%?

Wow. That...is surprising. Can you get ahold of EXP counts to see whether the "experience gain rate" hypothesis is also correct?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 22, 2016, 09:25:18 pm »

Not yet, don't have a working dfhack install atm, but I didn't notice any exp gain effect offhand. Still be nice to see if there is anything less obvious we missed though.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 211