Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406447 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1215 on: January 16, 2017, 05:33:55 am »

Regardless I make them eat and drink in my games. I like to think that's an extra motivation for them. They not eating it's for some reason too much inmersión breaker for me.
Toady will fantasy "dials" or sliders affect species propieties in anyway? I mean, the most mudane of worlds would have elves without the magic and goblins eating? Or those races would be completely removed and only humans would remain at those settings?

That'd require redefining and canonising the reason why other than RAW's that they do so, goblins might not literally have a functional digestion tract or they are so efficient at eating because a hyper metabolism lets them live at near full energy in immortality. In IRL humans the metabolism slows down as you get older, and theoretically if your body kept up peak performance it WOULD dramatically extend your lifespan.

Its not like you can't get a goblin to eat or drink.

This is a magical artifact stool, its magic aura makes humans taller than usual
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:35:53 am by FantasticDorf »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 16, 2017, 12:14:11 pm »

@Random_Dragon: I located that old bugged save (0.40.24, August 2015), and it actually does contain a reaction to grow logs out of seeds (and I checked that it actually did produce grown wood logs out of a seed). However, I also made a quick elven embark with 0.43.05, and that reaction was not present in that embark.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 16, 2017, 01:17:39 pm »

@Random_Dragon: I located that old bugged save (0.40.24, August 2015), and it actually does contain a reaction to grow logs out of seeds (and I checked that it actually did produce grown wood logs out of a seed). However, I also made a quick elven embark with 0.43.05, and that reaction was not present in that embark.

That...hmm. No way to get that reaction code dumped to view how it works, I assume? I'd love to see that. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 16, 2017, 01:48:54 pm »

That...hmm. No way to get that reaction code dumped to view how it works, I assume? I'd love to see that. D:

Link? (also given that creature specification (ANT:SOLDIER) is currently bugged, experimentally you could also assume that (GROWN:WOOD /or WOOD:GROWN) material ID could also be bugged but we just don't know it because the knowledge is lost and failed to be comprehensively archived.)

Its definitely not really a fake because you can't cheat the material property of wood (because [WOOD] will deny it from stockpile and flag it up as non-wood given it wont be usable) and and seperate kind of material definition for grown wood doesn't exist given its just a type of wood, wagon wood for instance is just named generic material wood, nothing fancy, a bit like if you turned a dwarf directly into alcohol, they will be bland generic brown stuff not a pina colada.

Question for toady - While we are on the subject might as well ask, what is the material definition/token of grown wood? Or is it purely a boolean setting & out of bounds thing generated by elves
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:54:28 pm by FantasticDorf »

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 16, 2017, 01:52:55 pm »

Question for toady - While we are on the subject might as well ask, what is the material definition/token of grown wood? Or is it purely boolean out of bounds generated by elves?

Fixed.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 16, 2017, 01:54:50 pm »

Question for toady - While we are on the subject might as well ask, what is the material definition/token of grown wood? Or is it purely boolean out of bounds generated by elves?

Fixed.

Yeah i already got onto it, im just a bit tired that's all.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 16, 2017, 01:54:57 pm »

I would love to see this too, because last I checked, grown wood can't be produced by reactions.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 16, 2017, 03:31:25 pm »

I have no experience with reactions, so I provide the save instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhp4dar7b0tjvta/grown_wood.zip?dl=0.
This save was provided on the forum, so it wasn't mine originally.

Edit:
OK, it looks like it isn't actually a bugged save, but from some "all races playable" mod (comment in entity_defaults.txt).
Regardless, the elves had this tag, which probably is of interest: [PERMITTED_REACTION:GROW_WOOD_ARP]

Edit2:
And this is from the file reaction_arp.txt:
:
[REACTION:GROW_WOOD_ARP]
   [NAME:grow wood from seed]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_W]
   [REAGENT:A:1:SEEDS:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN]
   [PRODUCT:100:4:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GROWN_ARP:WOOD]
   [SKILL:WOODCRAFT]
:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:41:30 pm by PatrikLundell »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 16, 2017, 04:08:40 pm »

Huh, guess i wont be needing this then.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:18:58 pm by FantasticDorf »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 16, 2017, 04:57:31 pm »

Pbbbt. I should've known there was some derp going on here. GROWN_ARP is no doubt a tree name added by that mod.

You actually fell for it. >.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 16, 2017, 05:17:35 pm »

Pbbbt. I should've known there was some derp going on here. GROWN_ARP is no doubt a tree name added by that mod.

You actually fell for it. >.o

The clues were there the entire time. Urgh, ARP - all races playable. I either need another cup of tea or 10 hours sleep, im not in a position to be talking about anything.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:24:05 pm by FantasticDorf »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 16, 2017, 05:18:03 pm »

Yeah, all that is definitely a mod.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: January 16, 2017, 05:49:43 pm »

And I was actually kinda hopeful too. See, this is why I'm leery whenever anyone says they found a way around a bug that hinders modding. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 16, 2017, 07:34:56 pm »

be more specific

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 16, 2017, 08:41:18 pm »

That's see, Max and their weird skull sorcery that I had to find a separate workaround for, the use of DFHack to make liquids and powders work in reactions...

I was also leery of someone else finding a workaround that DOES allow powder, clay at least, to work in reactions, until I tested the EXACT reaction.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 211