Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406876 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1230 on: January 16, 2017, 10:10:39 pm »

So, now that player fake identities are in, is it possible to assume the identity of a goblin civ member and wander around a dark fortress without everyone freaking out? Will they be suspicious if you're playing a dwarf and there aren't any dwarves living in that civ? And would they just know that you're supposed to be impersonating a goblin civ member the moment you walk into town, or would you have to talk to someone first?

"I'm a...prisoner, yeah, really. Just out for my morning exercise. Straight back to the dungeon as soon as I'm finished".

"No really, in the eastern pits they snatch elephant-man babies like me all the time. That's me, completely goblinified elephant man. Honest."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:17:10 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 17, 2017, 10:52:25 am »

All positive and negative reputations will be associated to that identity for as long as you assume it, unless you screw up.

What do you mean by "screw up"?  Would that be claiming multiple identities in the presence of somebody?  If I decide to go spy on the goblins by assuming a fake identity, will I need to leave companions behind or risk all my identities being compromised?  Will any clothing obscure features enough to allow us to claim multiple identities to the same people?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 17, 2017, 02:13:09 pm »

All positive and negative reputations will be associated to that identity for as long as you assume it, unless you screw up.

What do you mean by "screw up"?  Would that be claiming multiple identities in the presence of somebody?  If I decide to go spy on the goblins by assuming a fake identity, will I need to leave companions behind or risk all my identities being compromised?  Will any clothing obscure features enough to allow us to claim multiple identities to the same people?

Definitely, ways to cover yourself and a little AI to make your companions understand what to say and when(if they aprove your lies, ofcourse, else they could betray you on purpose) should slide in in the next update

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 17, 2017, 05:31:20 pm »

I imagine bragging about your violent past when you're pretending to be a farmer would count as 'screwing up'.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 17, 2017, 05:51:34 pm »

I imagine bragging about your violent past when you're pretending to be a farmer would count as 'screwing up'.
Speaking of that, Will There ever be a way to specify which beast we want to beat about in a conversation? With the current system, we can accidentally brag about killing someone's family, which obviously wouldn't happen on accident on real life.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 18, 2017, 09:19:15 am »

could we be able to make plaster walls? In mediaval times, most buildings had plaster on them, and it would be cool for humans.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 19, 2017, 05:58:47 pm »

could we be able to make plaster walls? In mediaval times, most buildings had plaster on them, and it would be cool for humans.

I would imagine that building huge buildings with plaster would be dangerous, but as structural/phisical properties do not affect walls for now, doesnt seem like a bad idea after all
I would say that its very probable

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 19, 2017, 06:14:42 pm »

We're talking plaster over stone, actually. Even modern drywall is thin stuff over a wooden frame, and that's the actual structural stuff.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1238 on: January 19, 2017, 07:17:34 pm »

Speaking of that, Will There ever be a way to specify which beast we want to beat about in a conversation? With the current system, we can accidentally brag about killing someone's family, which obviously wouldn't happen on accident on real life.

use the spread rumor dialog option and you can choose who exactly you want to talk about
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Quest

Never use brag about past violent acts, either tell a story, or use the spread rumor option. Bragging is buggy. Also spread rumor is way more reliable.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 19, 2017, 07:19:15 pm »

I know you can do that, but then you have to sort through the.
A raven attacked you
A raven attacked you
A raven attacked you
A raven attacked you
A raven attacked you
A raven attacked you
And that other spam.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 19, 2017, 07:40:41 pm »

It's rather annoying that being attacked, starting a fight, and actually killing are all set to use the EXACT same keywords to search for, yeah.

This gives me another question. What other keywords and dialogue options are likely to be added to support these changes that're being added? Getting a glimpse into what the framework will look like is always interesting.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 19, 2017, 08:33:53 pm »

It is hard to go without that rumors script and the gatherQuests script, since they let you condense the descriptions/search for "slew", and automatically spam someone for quest info, respectively.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 19, 2017, 08:48:41 pm »

It is hard to go without that rumors script and the gatherQuests script, since they let you condense the descriptions/search for "slew", and automatically spam someone for quest info, respectively.

Stahp tempting me with your heretical hax. <3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1243 on: January 20, 2017, 03:07:09 am »

Ah yes, I recall the part of Lord of the Rings where Strider walked into a tavern, cornered a random farmer, and said "Hello. Tell me about Aabbax the Destroyer. Tell me about Aarthor blood-gouges. Tell me about Aavenin treebees the little-house of shuffling. Tell me about Absinian of wildness. Tell me about Abvix. Tell me about Acade the big forest of working. Tell me about Accedian boatwords. Tell me about Ace the ace of acing. Tell me about Acinine the wall of time. Tell me about Adein heartshearth. Tell me about ..."

It did go on for a couple pages....
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 20, 2017, 11:00:31 am »

Well, if I'm gonna do it anyways, I'd rather have a script mash the buttons, my macros can do it somewhat but every so often lag pops up and what should have been a enter > tr(ouble) > be(asts) > dir(ections) ends up being enter > tr(no effect since it was selecting to talk still) > be(what does be filter to on the first chat screen again?) > dir (oh god what is happening?) and so forth.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 211