Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406857 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1710 on: April 10, 2017, 01:46:28 am »

Not everyone.
*tantrums and throws a marble cabinet at DG*

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 10, 2017, 03:06:12 am »

How fleeting life is...I must withdraw!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 10, 2017, 07:02:03 am »

It was inevitable.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

MinerMan60101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 13, 2017, 10:17:35 am »

With the addition of Museum areas, will there be archaeologists that come and visit your fortress if you have a museum?
Keas are the Cliff Racers of Dwarf Fortress, both flying nuisances interrupting you whilst playing a game which you wish would become extinct.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 13, 2017, 04:35:37 pm »

With the addition of Museum areas, will there be archaeologists that come and visit your fortress if you have a museum?
Museums are rooms for displaying your artifact socks in the new display cases. Like statue gardens. They'll add to the reputation of the fortress, and keep residents happy.

If they're old artifacts, they probably don't belong to you and will more likely attract an irate army than a curious archeologist. Besides, archeologists don't exist yet,  historians do though.

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 13, 2017, 09:18:17 pm »

1. Will it be possible for gods to disguise themselves as mortals and test real mortals and bless/curse them depending on how they do?
2. Would it be possible for magic in some worlds to be affected by a person's emotions? Like more strong/unstable when in an intense emotional state?
3. Would it be possible through magical means for a mortal to acquire godlike power?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 13, 2017, 09:57:25 pm »

If our fortress were to somehow discover the location of a vault, could we send a squad to steal its slab? Would the corresponding demon of the slab become quite fixated on destroying our fortress if word spread that we had their slab?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:21:24 pm by Witty »
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 13, 2017, 10:03:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You stand a good chance of having that question be missed. I don't think there's much point in spoiler tags on a thread discussing the actual development of the game. May as well spoiler-tag the entire forum during the mythgen update.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:15:31 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 13, 2017, 10:20:37 pm »

Yeah, that's a good point.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 14, 2017, 09:51:17 am »

1. Will it be possible for gods to disguise themselves as mortals and test real mortals and bless/curse them depending on how they do?
2. Would it be possible for magic in some worlds to be affected by a person's emotions? Like more strong/unstable when in an intense emotional state?
3. Would it be possible through magical means for a mortal to acquire godlike power?

Those things aren't necessarily planned for this release. Not talked about in detail for first pass at myth gen either. So these follow into the rabbit hole of "Sounds good. No timeline."

OluapPlayer

• Bay Watcher
  • In a time before time, I attacked me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 14, 2017, 11:00:48 am »

Is there anything in this next release that's kind of trivial but you're really looking forward to see live? Like a small addition or bug-fix that you wanted to do for a while and finally had the chance to?

PureAwesome

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Fortifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 14, 2017, 01:52:27 pm »

As far as the discoveries and scholarship system goes: Are there any plans for actively harmful discoveries? E.g. bloodletting which can end up harming your Dwarves, or a philosophy of nihilism which ends up making them morose if they think about it? Or even Lovecraft-style Forbidden Knowledge which drives the reader insane?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:49:37 pm by PureAwesome »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 14, 2017, 05:54:49 pm »

As far as the discoveries and scholarship system goes: Are there any plans for actively harmful discoveries? E.g. bloodletting which can end up harming your Dwarves, or a philosophy of nihilism which ends up making them morose if they think about it? Or even Lovecraft-style Forbidden Knowledge which drives the reader insane?

This sounds exactly like the beginning of a non-magical rehash of the "can we randomly learn spells that blow up the whole fort" argument. Do we really need a long derail on the relative merits of giving the RNG the ability to drive scholars insane?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 14, 2017, 06:21:25 pm »

This sounds exactly like the beginning of a non-magical rehash of the "can we randomly learn spells that blow up the whole fort" argument. Do we really need a long derail on the relative merits of giving the RNG the ability to drive scholars insane?
Toady addressed that question in PC Gamer. No need for a derail here.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 14, 2017, 08:46:16 pm »

Will there be any changes to "highest moodable skills" when creating artifacts regarding dwarves with no skills, such as children? So to prevent them from growing up into lowly craftsdwarves?

Will workshops presently not eligible for artifact creation, i.e. kiln, be available as well in the future?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 211