Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406542 times)

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1875 on: June 03, 2017, 03:10:17 pm »

How does Attacking other Civs for Artifacts work exactly? Especially regarding military strenght what happens if i send out a Candy Brigade of Top notch warriors into for example a human Kingdom to steal theior Artifact crown of their king, how does the combat play out? do the Candy warriors destroy the enemy if they don't have equally good troops or does it not matter what kind of Dwarf i send out? i looked around a bit and could not find a explenation how this feature exactly works out.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 03, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »

How does Attacking other Civs for Artifacts work exactly? Especially regarding military strenght what happens if i send out a Candy Brigade of Top notch warriors into for example a human Kingdom to steal theior Artifact crown of their king, how does the combat play out? do the Candy warriors destroy the enemy if they don't have equally good troops or does it not matter what kind of Dwarf i send out? i looked around a bit and could not find a explenation how this feature exactly works out.
If the question was aimed at Toady, the convention is that you paint it in (lime) green so he can find it when answering.
If I remember correctly, earlier answers have indicated equipment, troop quality, and troop quantity all play a role. However, the dorfs will almost always be significantly outnumbered, so it's not going to be a regular invasion.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 03, 2017, 05:19:35 pm »

Someone already asked that, Toady mentioned that equipment and skill matters. My internet is super slow at the moment otherwise I would try to find you the quote from one of his replies in here.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 03, 2017, 05:47:04 pm »

Also bear in mind that for the most part dorfs are smart enough to know that a ten man squad isn't going to last long in a frontal attack on a dark fortress, population 10,000, so they'll almost certainly go for the sneak in and steal option. Unlike everyone else, we don't yet have access to armies to support our diplomatic efforts.

And yeah, there's something around here somewhere where Toady mentions that equipment will matter in any fights that take place. Can't seem to locate it right now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:49:01 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 03, 2017, 05:54:20 pm »

Intressting thx for the info but im satified with these answers^^ and thx for the heads up, il keep it in mind next time.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 06, 2017, 08:32:43 pm »

Will I be able to hire people to find artifacts for me in Adventure mode?

*edit* Sorry forgot about the green :P
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:36:50 am by CptAWatts22 »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 06, 2017, 08:34:17 pm »

Lime green is your friiiieeend. Like this.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 06, 2017, 09:46:19 pm »

Nothing has been said about this but I think it's doubtful, depending on how you define "hire". If you want to pay actual coins so that somebody might bring you a trinket, it hasn't been mentioned and won't probably happen until we have a well defined economy that makes sense of that transaction.

However, if what you want is to bring along people in your search for an artifact, just like you ask people to guide you to a place or become performance buddies, then it sounds reasonable enough.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 06, 2017, 10:04:23 pm »

I guess the idea is, as an adventurer you're the squad being sent out to fetch artifacts. Or the mercenary who has to pick up quests for artifacts in town like all the npc questers. You also get to play the spy too trying to root out artifacts with your fake identities.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 07, 2017, 02:49:56 am »

Lime green is your friiiieeend. Like this.
What Random_Dragon says, in a rather obscure manner, is that the forum convention is that questions aimed at Toady are marked in (lime) green to allow him to find them when answering at the beginning of each month. If your question was aimed at Toady you can just modify your existing post to add the color to it rather than writing a new one.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 07, 2017, 08:40:07 am »

Yeah I forgot, it was late :P. The answers I got make sense, I just wasn't sure if he had mentioned it yet. It would make having a base more interesting too.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 07, 2017, 04:28:11 pm »

Yeah I forgot, it was late :P. The answers I got make sense, I just wasn't sure if he had mentioned it yet. It would make having a base more interesting too.
Now then drunks, listen up. Cut down 30 trees. Build a hut. Set-up a workshop. Now go steal me Crestfallen the Sacred Bone of Knowing. This wondrous object was last seen in the Mires of Hellfire. Giant Elephants roam free out there!

Yeah, that would be kind of fun.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 08, 2017, 12:16:19 am »

You state that Maps, sites, entities, historical figures, artifacts, myths, etc. will be part of the myth and magic update.
Does 'sites' include more natural sites? I'm referring to an extension beyond the current mountain peaks and volcanos as to include things like stone pillars, groves or tar pits.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 08, 2017, 08:10:00 am »

Just to recap, npc artifacts (in the next release) will consist of:
1) Crafts made by moody dwarves
2) Holy relics (pieces of dead priests and so on) made (blessed?) by humans
What else? Will Elves and Goblins make artifacts, or are they limited to stealing from dwarves and humans and receiving them diplomatically?
If I have a modded town dwelling civ that has no religion or moods, will they make artifacts?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:13:21 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: June 08, 2017, 11:24:03 am »

Just to recap, npc artifacts (in the next release) will consist of:
1) Crafts made by moody dwarves
2) Holy relics (pieces of dead priests and so on) made (blessed?) by humans
What else? Will Elves and Goblins make artifacts, or are they limited to stealing from dwarves and humans and receiving them diplomatically?
If I have a modded town dwelling civ that has no religion or moods, will they make artifacts?

There are also artifacts named by heroes, so as long as there are heroes in the civ (BEAST_HUNTER and the like), they'll have artifacts.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 211