Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406955 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1890 on: June 08, 2017, 12:12:19 pm »

Though I'm not 100% sure of how desirable the "lesser" form of artifact will be.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

OluapPlayer

• Bay Watcher
  • In a time before time, I attacked me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: June 08, 2017, 04:50:26 pm »

With the coming changes and buffs to kobolds, are we gonna see anything similar for the cavern animal people tribes anytime soon, or is that for later? Right now their presence is almost negligible.

LorrMaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: June 09, 2017, 02:25:59 am »

With the inclusion of different planes of existance, what kind of differences could planes have between worlds? For example, could we have a plane made entirely of gold filled with a single type of creature?

Also, how will these planes interact with the normal world?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:27:58 am by LorrMaster »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: June 09, 2017, 02:41:51 am »

With the coming changes and buffs to kobolds, are we gonna see anything similar for the cavern animal people tribes anytime soon, or is that for later? Right now their presence is almost negligible.
It's most probably for later. Animal people is a different set of issues than kobolds. The kobolds is a "civilized" major race with "settlements" that are being overhauled now, while animal peoples are split into "tribes" of underground animal peoples and "tribes" of above ground animal peoples, neither of which have any settlements or equipment beyond what's carried. At a guess, animal peoples would fit into the giant pile of law and custom thingies.

With the inclusion of different planes of existance, what kind of differences could planes have between worlds? For example, could we have a plane made entirely of gold filled with a single type of creature?

Also, how will these planes interact with the normal world?

That kind of plane sound quite possible. The first pass of inter planar contact will have one way portals that allow creatures from the other plane to get into the mundane world. The intention is to allow for player interaction to open/close (some) portals.
Later development will allow two way portals, but that's more than two major releases away (upcoming: artifacts, and thereafter myth&magic 1).

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: June 09, 2017, 12:46:31 pm »

1. Will our adventurers eventually have family relations like parents?
2. Will our demigod adventurers have godly parents who can grant them divine powers?

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: June 09, 2017, 01:10:38 pm »

When someone attacks your fort over an artifact that you did not agree to hand over. Is that a deceleration of war or is it just a battle? Can it lead to wars?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: June 09, 2017, 03:41:48 pm »

1. Will our adventurers eventually have family relations like parents?
2. Will our demigod adventurers have godly parents who can grant them divine powers?

1) Yes. One day. One day you may be able to pick from any historical character. You may also get to play as a decendent of a previous adventure.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 09, 2017, 04:17:10 pm »

Given that Kobolds lay eggs, what should happen if an adventurer steals a fertilized egg from some kobold caves? Would the egg hatch into a newborn kobold?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: June 09, 2017, 04:50:59 pm »

Will kobolds have any positions and entity tokens defined as a result of these changes to caves, or will some hardcoded behavior be involved there?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 09, 2017, 06:01:57 pm »

Given that Kobolds lay eggs, what should happen if an adventurer steals a fertilized egg from some kobold caves? Would the egg hatch into a newborn kobold?
In principle, if the eggs were kept at a proper temperature, you'd be able to hatch them. However, it's unlikely incubators are going to be included in DF as I think it's a fairly recent invention. It's more probable that leaving the eggs in the nest box and wait for them to hatch will work (it seems fortress egg layers can be butchered a fair while before the eggs hatch without preventing the eggs from hatching). Regardless, newborn kobolds would be hostile to the player.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: June 09, 2017, 09:16:59 pm »

Regardless, newborn kobolds would be hostile to the player.

Butbutbut I want a pet kobold. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: June 09, 2017, 09:30:41 pm »

Regardless, newborn kobolds would be hostile to the player.

Butbutbut I want a pet kobold. ;w;
You'll just have to make do with an omelette. Sorry.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: June 09, 2017, 11:23:44 pm »

You'll just have to make do with an omelette. Sorry.

But you know you want a pet cutebold.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: June 10, 2017, 12:50:29 am »

Newborns being hostile to basically anything ever seems like a gameplay limitation, and a prime thing to change at some point.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: June 10, 2017, 04:29:29 am »

Newborns being hostile to basically anything ever seems like a gameplay limitation, and a prime thing to change at some point.
If I understand it correctly it's simply a result of how the taming mechanism is implemented, where children (live birthed as well as hatched) inherit their mother's taming level and civ affiliation. On top of that you have the fact that Kobolds are sapients and the current dwarven ethics don't accept slavery (but goblin baby snatching shows that it's possible to convert enslaved children to the enslavers' civs).
The mechanics involved can very well be refined at some future point, though.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 211