Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406589 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2235 on: August 06, 2017, 07:51:38 pm »

Why don't you get an AC unit for your place? It is too expensive in US? Your energy bill would raise too much? Every year you seems to have the same issues with heat.

I'm not from US, but here in my country while it isn't cheap it is quite affordable. (and very necessary as it is in average way hotter than US)

The problem with USA is that in a lot of it, maybe a few months of the year will be hot as hell, and then the rest of it you'll be buried in snow. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: August 06, 2017, 08:16:19 pm »

The big problem is that Washington and British Columbia are literally on fire right now.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: August 06, 2017, 08:19:22 pm »

The problem with USA is that in a lot of it, maybe a few months of the year will be hot as hell, and then the rest of it you'll be buried in snow.

These heat waves sometimes lasts most of the summer, don't they? If anything, using it for just some months in the year would be an advantage as you wouldn't have high energy bills most of the time, and you wouldn't lose productivity for those days where you can't stand to stay inside.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: August 06, 2017, 11:44:28 pm »

As someone over in Texas, I can attest that sometimes even if you have a good AC, a hard enough heatwave will still make the house uncomfortable all day long even with it running full blast.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: August 07, 2017, 08:52:13 am »

As someone over in Texas, I can attest that sometimes even if you have a good AC, a hard enough heatwave will still make the house uncomfortable all day long even with it running full blast.

I can confirm that Random_Dragon is not lying. It doesn't help that the air is normally pretty dry as well, so it just sucks the moisture out of everything like a sponge.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 07, 2017, 10:53:49 am »

I always forget which tags are supported by ADD_TAG.  Hard to imagine adding CAN_LEARN would actually work as intended.

Speaking of which, is there a reason only some tags are supported by syndrome CE add/remove tags? Is there any future plans to expand the scope of supported tags? Asking because full tag support (ala creature variations) would certainly be a holy grail for modders.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: August 07, 2017, 03:25:30 pm »

Thailand is always hot but our ACs completely negate the heat. Your country's weakass ACs need an upgrade.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: August 07, 2017, 04:32:49 pm »

I can confirm that Random_Dragon is not lying. It doesn't help that the air is normally pretty dry as well, so it just sucks the moisture out of everything like a sponge.

Washington state is generally at around 110% humidity, so when it gets hot, the usual method of humans to cool off by sweat and evaporation is ineffective. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: August 07, 2017, 08:36:52 pm »

These heat waves sometimes lasts most of the summer, don't they? If anything, using it for just some months in the year would be an advantage as you wouldn't have high energy bills most of the time, and you wouldn't lose productivity for those days where you can't stand to stay inside.

But then you basically have a hole in your house during the winter months. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: August 07, 2017, 09:58:15 pm »

I always forget which tags are supported by ADD_TAG.  Hard to imagine adding CAN_LEARN would actually work as intended.

Speaking of which, is there a reason only some tags are supported by syndrome CE add/remove tags? Is there any future plans to expand the scope of supported tags? Asking because full tag support (ala creature variations) would certainly be a holy grail for modders.

You can always just transform the creature into a creature variation with the tags you want and the exact same name. A bit of a hackjob, but should work.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: August 07, 2017, 11:05:56 pm »

Washington state is generally at around 110% humidity, so when it gets hot, the usual method of humans to cool off by sweat and evaporation is ineffective.

Western Washington is, which is where Toady lives. Where I do, it's... not, it's semi-arid here, like most of the state.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 08, 2017, 07:09:11 am »

You can always just transform the creature into a creature variation with the tags you want and the exact same name. A bit of a hackjob, but should work.

Aside from being rather hacky, this prevents any further body transformations on the creature.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 09, 2017, 06:18:15 am »

But then you basically have a hole in your house during the winter months.
Not if you get a portable unit that vents out a window.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:20:47 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: August 09, 2017, 06:27:18 pm »

I have no wheels and I must roll!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

kingofthehour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: August 11, 2017, 12:38:05 pm »

are there any plans to add knife user or misc object user to adventure mode so that you can put points into these skills before starting?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 211