Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406621 times)

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2805 on: November 26, 2017, 08:55:08 pm »

I've had true monster hunters show up soon after I broke open the caverns, petition and hunt in the caverns, so I think anyone that doesn't petition is a spy, but if they do they aren't.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: November 26, 2017, 09:52:40 pm »

It's suspected currently that these visitors are actually exclusively spies.
They're not. You only have to open Legends to check that. Some are spies, some aren't. And yeah, real monster hunters petition right away, so I'm hoping that's WAD.

Xilian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: November 28, 2017, 07:32:19 am »

Sorry if this has been asked before.
Are there currently any plans to allow civs to go to war with one another over values, rather than only over ethics? This would allow for civs from the same entity raw to go to war with one another. For example humans fighting other humans, which now can only be done by adding a new human entity raw.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: November 28, 2017, 07:39:41 am »

Sorry if this has been asked before.
Are there currently any plans to allow civs to go to war with one another over values, rather than only over ethics? This would allow for civs from the same entity raw to go to war with one another. For example humans fighting other humans, which now can only be done by adding a new human entity raw.

Humans war with each other all the time. Goblins too.
Even my own Wild Dwarves beat each other up.
In fact entities within a single civ even go to war with each other

Probably even more so now that families and their artifact claims have been thrown into the equation.

Xilian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: November 28, 2017, 10:12:35 am »

Probably even more so now that families and their artifact claims have been thrown into the equation.

Did this happen during world gen or after world gen? I'm talking about during world gen.
The only time I've seen humans fight humans was within a civilisation where two different entities of the same civ went to war, as you said. Never have I seen a human civ fight another civ, the only exception being my personal mod where I have three different human raw entities with vastly different ethics, within which they never go to war against civs from the same raw entitity. Same goes for goblins, I see them murder each other but I've yet to see a goblin civilisation go to war with another goblin civilisation. Now I realise that with the artifacts and raids this might change, but I'm speaking during world gen.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: November 28, 2017, 10:15:44 am »

Did this happen during world gen or after world gen? I'm talking about during world gen.
The only time I've seen humans fight humans was within a civilisation where two different entities of the same civ went to war, as you said. Never have I seen a human civ fight another civ, the only exception being my personal mod where I have three different human raw entities with vastly different ethics, within which they never go to war against civs from the same raw entitity. Same goes for goblins, I see them murder each other but I've yet to see a goblin civilisation go to war with another goblin civilisation. Now I realise that with the artifacts and raids this might change, but I'm speaking during world gen.

Artifact hijinks happen during worldgen, too.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: November 28, 2017, 10:32:46 am »

Humans go to war against each other frequently during world gen, while elves don't seem to do so.

Xilian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: November 28, 2017, 12:02:56 pm »

Humans go to war against each other frequently during world gen, while elves don't seem to do so.

I don't mean the within civ entities warring against one another, I know those do. I'm talking full on human nation vs human nation warfare. If you can show me an example of that happening in a vanilla game, please show me.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: November 28, 2017, 12:11:17 pm »

I haven't checked the entity level at which human fight each other, so I may have seen lower level fighting only.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: November 28, 2017, 04:02:38 pm »

Yeah, you're right, I don't think I've seen a full-scale civ war between two civs of the same race. But the minor wars prove there's more than just ethics checks going on.

But, like I said, this version has artifact claims and you can certainty provoke full scale dwarf on dwarf action manually. Have to check Legends more to see if it happens in worldgen now.

Xilian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: November 28, 2017, 07:07:33 pm »

Oh yea definitely, this update is definitely a step towards more diverse reasons for war as well. I hope with the mythics release religion will start playing a role in it too. But I think using values as a check for war would be interesting especially in humans civs as its varied per civs, it won't do much for dwarves that have fixed values per civ for example.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: November 28, 2017, 07:13:57 pm »

Oh yea definitely, this update is definitely a step towards more diverse reasons for war as well. I hope with the mythics release religion will start playing a role in it too. But I think using values as a check for war would be interesting especially in humans civs as its varied per civs, it won't do much for dwarves that have fixed values per civ for example.
A warlike leader effects wars too apparently, so I think there's definitely some value checking going on even if it's just at a personal level (and values range quite a bit from person to person, so that makes more sense).

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2817 on: November 28, 2017, 09:00:38 pm »

Thjere has been a rather active thread on here recently about "the importance of prejudice", while related my question isn't about it exactly. Will we ever get towns that simply don't like strangers in general and will express that? A lot of good stories come from those sorts of villages/towns in fantasy. And in horror (eg, the shadow over innsmouth by hp Lovecraft)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: November 28, 2017, 10:16:36 pm »

Thjere has been a rather active thread on here recently about "the importance of prejudice", while related my question isn't about it exactly. Will we ever get towns that simply don't like strangers in general and will express that? A lot of good stories come from those sorts of villages/towns in fantasy. And in horror (eg, the shadow over innsmouth by hp Lovecraft)
You know the discussion was started by Toady, right?

But, yeah suspicious villagers (this is a local shop, for local people...) are always cool. It'd most likely not be hard coded though. Villagers with a history of kidnappings naturally becoming more suspicious of strangers is more likely. Off to the suggestions forum. :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:19:13 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

RobotFighter7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: November 29, 2017, 01:48:28 am »

Corruption of various sorts has come up in the notes for magic multiple times, but I haven't noticed one particular subject, the corruption of artifacts. Could we see the magical properties of an artifact altered after its creation? For instance, a priest or avatar of a god of death is slain and the artifact scepter that sprays miasma is taken by a fire demon who then corrupts it to instead shoot gouts of flame? Could we see an adventurer's named weapon of mundane origin imbued with magical properties as the result of their interaction/relation to some god, spirit, or demon?
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 211