Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406676 times)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2850 on: December 02, 2017, 07:34:26 pm »

At the moment, are there any particular conditions that would cause defenders to capture infiltrators rather than kill them outright during raids?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: December 02, 2017, 07:55:15 pm »

At the moment, are there any particular conditions that would cause defenders to capture infiltrators rather than kill them outright during raids?
They are taken prisoner sometimes so...yes.
Or do you mean, 'is it just a random chance between killed and taken prisoner'?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: December 02, 2017, 08:41:05 pm »

Worth noting right now that units will definitely carry around artifacts that are used as a "symbol of [some position]" including weapons... and tables, cages, mugs, and so forth.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: December 02, 2017, 09:18:20 pm »

They are taken prisoner sometimes so...yes.
Or do you mean, 'is it just a random chance between killed and taken prisoner'?
The latter.

MetroChensual

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: December 02, 2017, 09:52:38 pm »

Toady, you're a genius, man! That's what to be expected for a guy who managed to create a partially complete simulation of fantasy life and still developing it.
Worried if you gonna complete 1.00.00 at old age  :(

Edit: I forgot i have to include my own questions for the next FotF:
1. Can a player eventually escape an afterlife and return to the material plane? Once the escape, can they affect other living things and doing magical stuff including possessing people and reanimating corpses (and even possessing said corpse including your own)?
2. Will there be rituals that will summon other beings from another plane(basically teleporting them into the plane of the summoner)? for example a ritual to call the spirits of the dead from the afterlife to do what the summoner wants (e.g.
talking to their loved ones and asking them questions or using them on enemies and even stuff them into corpses including their own) or a ritual that calls the !FUN! from any plane that has them. Could it be extended to any creatures on the same plane?
3. Will gods and other deities have their own avatars? Can avatars have that aura that affects anything inside it? (e.g. avatars of gods of death have aura that can make living things sick. gods of fires and other elements have different aura) Can the avatars have the associated power as their god of origin?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:13:34 pm by MetroChensual »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: December 02, 2017, 09:58:07 pm »

Toady, you're a genius, man! That's what to be expected for a guy who managed to create a partially complete simulation of fantasy life and still developing it.
Worried if you're completing 1.00.00 at old age  :(

I read somewhere that he anticipated not being able to complete DF and could make DF open-source if he feels like he can't finish it in time.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: December 02, 2017, 10:47:01 pm »

Honestly it doesn't really matter to me whether DF gets 100% finished or not, I'll just keep supporting it as long as Toady is able to work on it and see how far we get.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: December 03, 2017, 12:35:55 am »

I read somewhere that he anticipated not being able to complete DF and could make DF open-source if he feels like he can't finish it in time.

He has said that when he dies he will probably will the source code to the public.  He has also decreed that if somebody killed him to get the source code, the code should not be released.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: December 03, 2017, 05:17:38 am »

He has said that when he dies he will probably will the source code to the public.  He has also decreed that if somebody killed him to get the source code, the code should not be released.
I guess we need to fund a security system then and bodyguards if he ever leaves his house.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: December 03, 2017, 01:56:45 pm »

Is inter-planar travel going to allow us to send expeditions to "obtain" artefacts from other dimensions, or even pass through other dimensions to inaccessible parts of the world? It would be an interesting state of affairs if we couldn't get a boat or ship to get across the ocean to the Empty Continent and steal reclaim The Crown of Fire, but could send an expedition through a portal to do so.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: December 03, 2017, 04:32:10 pm »

Is inter-planar travel going to allow us to send expeditions to "obtain" artefacts from other dimensions, or even pass through other dimensions to inaccessible parts of the world? It would be an interesting state of affairs if we couldn't get a boat or ship to get across the ocean to the Empty Continent and steal reclaim The Crown of Fire, but could send an expedition through a portal to do so.
Probably, once portals are two way and you control parties sent through portals (the current model of sending off a party and await a report would probably not know how to navigate across a different plane to a second portal without additional effort). That's a fair bit off, though (but might actually happen before there are boats...).

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: December 03, 2017, 10:08:04 pm »

Do you have any plans to introduce the coral, amber, and pearl materials that exist in the RAWs?
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: December 04, 2017, 05:01:49 am »

Do you have any plans to introduce the coral, amber, and pearl materials that exist in the RAWs?

Toady already expressed interest in doing a full renovation of ocean sites once he set out to start working on boats so this is a likely insertion there, but would need a fair bit of optimizing first.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2863 on: December 06, 2017, 07:40:08 pm »

Bit of a weird one - will modders eventually be able to customize megabeast lairs and habits, or potentially recreate some of the stuff from old versions (don't know if you're planning on bringing some of that stuff back), i.e tentacle demon lairs or underground fortresses?
I'm mostly thinking in terms of lairs and the like for megabeasts and similar critters - in my work I often come across the issue of having none of the available, current site types or habits really fitting what I have in mind. Having those be customizable in some way would be a great help to modders.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: December 06, 2017, 08:37:51 pm »

Bit of a weird one - will modders eventually be able to customize megabeast lairs and habits, or potentially recreate some of the stuff from old versions (don't know if you're planning on bringing some of that stuff back), i.e tentacle demon lairs or underground fortresses?
I'm mostly thinking in terms of lairs and the like for megabeasts and similar critters - in my work I often come across the issue of having none of the available, current site types or habits really fitting what I have in mind. Having those be customizable in some way would be a great help to modders.

Mythgen will have a site editor. Yay!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 211