Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406564 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2925 on: December 24, 2017, 10:08:28 am »

1.Will there be a craetion scale events after world gen like humens creation or a forest become a desert?
2.will myth and magic effect dwarves preferenses like Urist McOpellover like dogs becuse they created Opel in the Myth or you can make Opel from dogs bones?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: December 24, 2017, 10:20:29 am »

1.Will there be a craetion scale events after world gen like humens creation or a forest become a desert?
2.will myth and magic effect dwarves preferenses like Urist McOpellover like dogs becuse they created Opel in the Myth or you can make Opel from dogs bones?

Yes to both. In some worlds. Why do people assume there will be a single magic system?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: December 24, 2017, 03:06:14 pm »

Yes to both. In some worlds. Why do people assume there will be a single magic system?
What I meant in the first question wasn't about magic
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: December 24, 2017, 10:13:39 pm »

What I meant in the first question wasn't about magic

It sounded like it was.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: December 25, 2017, 04:31:06 am »

Just for clarity, and because I've seen people worried about it:

The "claims" made on Fortress Mode made artifacts are just "flavor text" for the purposes of the creating fortress, correct? There's no current or near-future fortress impact based on claims like: "He/She offers it to <entity>", "He/she claims it as a family heirloom", "He/she claims it as a family heirloom in the name of the family ancestor <figure>", "He/she claims it as a personal treasure", etc., even if lost and recovered within that same Fortress Mode play-through?

I've seen Twitch streamers begin to plot the unexpected deaths of valued weaponsmiths they thought were going to hide an artifact steel battle axe in their bedroom, so many dwarven lives could be saved depending on a clear answer here!  ;)
Team Bug Fix!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: December 25, 2017, 08:45:38 am »

When has saving dwarven lives ever been a priority for this community? :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: December 26, 2017, 07:29:38 pm »

When has saving dwarven lives ever been a priority for this community? :P

If it's the life of a legendary weaponsmith...

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: December 26, 2017, 07:52:56 pm »

Well obviously in that case you wouldn't want them to die. It was just a questionable attempt at humour.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #2933 on: December 27, 2017, 06:31:35 pm »

I hesitate to ask, because if this is just a bug I should have spent my time writing a bug report. I'm just not positive it's an actual issue, so . . .

. . . is it intentional that criminals and mercenaries cannot have creature tiles specified for them?

As mentioned in another thread, I can imagine that you would make the point that criminals and mercenaries don't have "a dress code", so how could you tell what they are? In other words, you intentionally didn't allow a tile to be specified for those two professions and that's why they fall back to the civ default tile. Working as intended, so to speak.

At the same time, if you [l]ook at the person in question you'll see "criminal"; so the information is provided. But maybe that's a bug: that the game currently tells you via [l]ook that the person is a criminal and not that you can't specify a tile for that profession.

Mercenaries just seem to list the weapon type (e.g. "maceman," etc) which follows the same logic as mentioned above in regards to no dress code/no tile.

Again, I'm just not sure. But, based on your answer, I may or may not submit a bug report. Heh.

Thanks for your time.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: December 27, 2017, 06:39:37 pm »

Well obviously in that case you wouldn't want them to die. It was just a questionable attempt at humour.

Actually, if you killed off the hoarder and then gave the artifact axe to your military, you would be saving lives in the long run.

How did you come up with the name Bay12?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 07:10:22 pm by Eschar »

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: December 27, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »

How did you come up with the name Bay12?
Aliens
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: December 27, 2017, 09:35:29 pm »

A few questions about dummied-out features:
1) How did the game classify demonic fortresses? Were they landscape features (like volcanoes and streams,) a property of map-tiles (like savagery or elevation,) or something else entirely?

2) What purpose did Important Locations serve?

3) Why were human forts removed?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2939 on: December 29, 2017, 12:30:13 am »

Why are we no longer able to "join as heathperson?" Is there a reason for this? Also, do you plan to set it up so we can ask about certain artifacts at some point? Like with the next few releases or no? Makes it much harder to seek artifacts heh
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 211