Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1406559 times)

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3060 on: February 05, 2018, 06:22:15 am »

Is there an in-universe explanation for how/why an elf is able to devour 80 humans in a single sitting?

Probably the same reason you don't need to haul dirt to the surface, and why you gain more metal by melting down bolts and coins individually - mass isn't conserved. Energy isn't either, hence impulse ramps and underground agriculture.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3061 on: February 05, 2018, 05:02:23 pm »

Why is it that dwarves lie about their feelings, even when speaking to themselves about it? Such as "I am not afraid" or "I am not satisfied" when their thoughts menu says otherwise. Does it have something to do with a propensity to sarcasm/dishonesty, a bug, or something more specific?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: February 07, 2018, 06:30:07 am »

Is there an in-universe explanation for how/why an elf is able to devour 80 humans in a single sitting?

Probably the same reason you don't need to haul dirt to the surface, and why you gain more metal by melting down bolts and coins individually - mass isn't conserved. Energy isn't either, hence impulse ramps and underground agriculture.
Underground agriculture would be posible if they only raise mushrooms I think.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: February 07, 2018, 10:30:30 pm »

Why is it that dwarves lie about their feelings, even when speaking to themselves about it? Such as "I am not afraid" or "I am not satisfied" when their thoughts menu says otherwise. Does it have something to do with a propensity to sarcasm/dishonesty, a bug, or something more specific?
That paragraph, probably is more of a list of of their most recent notable thoughts, not their thoughts at the moment. And there no timestamp when they had those thoughts.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: February 08, 2018, 12:07:21 am »

That paragraph, probably is more of a list of of their most recent notable thoughts, not their thoughts at the moment. And there no timestamp when they had those thoughts.
Yes there is. Current thoughts are written in the present tense 'she feels terror in battle' as opposed to 'felt' and recently, yes I've also seen that accompanied by the opposite reaction in the quote, such as 'I laugh in the face of death' (that example isn't necessarily a bug though, just bravado to cover real feelings).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: February 08, 2018, 01:26:26 am »

"I am not afraid" and "I am not satisfied" are when the strength of the emotion was too low to have much effect at all on stress, as far as I know.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: February 09, 2018, 02:38:43 am »

Will your full-on site attacks count as a declaration of a civ level war, or will they be like the domestic conflicts between sites you sometimes see happening in human and goblin civs?

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: February 09, 2018, 08:12:50 pm »

How do you choose which bugs to fix? Is there a particular filter on the bug tracker that you look at?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: February 10, 2018, 02:44:30 am »

How do you choose which bugs to fix? Is there a particular filter on the bug tracker that you look at?
There are at least two (related) criteria that are used:
- Bugs recently introduced, and
- Bugs relating to things under modification.

The first one is about fixing recent bugs/omissions, while the second one is about taking care of things when the code is already opened up and the memory has been refreshed. In both cases the code memory is decently refreshed, saving on refamiliarization time.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: February 10, 2018, 11:47:26 am »

There are at least two (related) criteria that are used:
- Bugs recently introduced, and
- Bugs relating to things under modification.
Crashes and game corruption are at the highest priority.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3070 on: February 11, 2018, 01:11:45 am »

It's very exciting to hear that you're implementing looting! Will there be specificity on preferring what to loot, and will worn gear (Backpacks, etc) have an influence on what can be carried,
 or are these deferred for future arcs where they'd be more relevant?

Termite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: February 14, 2018, 01:38:25 pm »

How customizable will be the law/justice in the laws/property/status/scenarios release?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:25:08 pm by Termite »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: February 14, 2018, 02:05:57 pm »

How customizable will be the law/justice in the laws/property/status/scenarios release?
Use lime green to mark it as question
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: February 14, 2018, 05:39:05 pm »

I forget where this was previously answered, probably fotf, perhaps twitter. But yeah, same as magic, extremely customizable, procedurally generated law/politics etc is the plan.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: February 15, 2018, 05:20:50 pm »

About the various level of world magic level, will this also affect the type of rocks and land formation available on a world ?
By example i'm thinking about those "floating" rocks or big floating lands that are often seen in fantasy worlds, or floating sky cities made with that kind of material etc, will it be possible ?
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 211