Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A final fort before the update  (Read 1428 times)

A final fort before the update
« on: October 24, 2007, 08:32:00 pm »

(How does one register for the dwarf fortress display site?)

Winter 1050 report from Aelool, junior overseer:

The earthquake from the tropical regions to the south has been a source of concern with regard to the Clan's charter option. Accordingly, I have dispatched small survey parties to each of the prospective clan-hame sites with orders to assess any damage.

Spring 1051 report:

Five of the six survey teams have reported back. They bring tales of untold devastation in the mountains we require for proper homes. Only the Wealthclasps team has failed to send word - I am concerned about their fate. I will try to arrange for a caravan to check up on them.

Winter 1051 report:

The caravan (barely worthy of the name, with but two mules) has returned with news that the Wealthclasps survey team have settled in and are busily clearing away the rubble from the earthquake. Also, they cheerfully announced that they had recruited a few more dwarves to help out. I am not sure I approve - an extra five to ten mouths to feed in the winter months will surely prove a strain on their meager resources.

Spring 1052 report:

I have dispatched a small group of Clan members to aid the Wealthclasps effort. They should have crops coming in by the time these new settlers arrive, so I foresee no undue stress on Wealthclasps resources.

Winter 1052 report:

The caravan - under the same master as last year, slightly more prosperous, has reported in. The dwarves of Wealthclasps continue to thrive, and have cleared away thousands of cubic dwarflengths of rubble, leaving only the larger boulders for our stone industries. Their mules were staggering under the load of common rock crafts, marble and moonstone crafts, and even some warthog and frogman totems - part of this comprised their first tax offering to the King.

I am considering relocating to Wealthclasps next year to provide on-site management.

Aelool is going to be the manager's name. Once he (or she) is there, I'll try to provide more detail about how the fort is proceeding.

For my own amusement, I have declared that the cliff doesn't actually begin until you cross the river - the earlier stuff is just landslide material from an earthquake.

-Albert