Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Spoilers ?] Thalu Bowelforest The Bane of Trees' demon-slaying escapade  (Read 6315 times)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really a full update, cause a bug got in my way.

I decide to wait till they recover. They might just be peasants, but every man (and woman) is a valuable asset (especially for building sites !). They all seem fine, if a little dazed, and a little heavily wounded.

After getting to the surface, I start cutting down some trees. Take that, nature ! This is for all that green stuff everywhere ! After gathering an important amount of logs, I notice that they're really weighting me down big time. This might be a problem for bringing them back to hell, as walking at a slug's pace leaves me quite vulnerable. Before going back, I fast travel to Dangerbreach and use the carpenter's workshop there to make a door.

I manage to make it back to hell and to find a nice spot on a hilltop without getting attacked by more demons. It's a miracle ! It's also far enough from the "fortress" so that I can build there. I put down all the materials and get to work.

I settle for a simplistic but easily upgradable design as a base for the conquering of hell. I decide to name the site "Hellfissure the Home of Conquerors". Sounds good.

Unfortunately, the building menu won't "detect" the logs and the door even though I dropped them on the floor right there, and it also deletes my plans everytime I go in and out of the building menu. It also doesn't save the name of the site. I don't really know what's wrong. It's probably an undiscovered bug, as I doubt someone ever tried to build something in hell in adventure mode before, and it's really annoying :/

If any of you know a way to fix this, please tell me (even if it involves dfhack or another external tool) !

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile

What tileset do you use?

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile

Gotta say, love the base name...
Also, You just proved wrong that it was irreversible to rename a site (Even though its technically deleting the site)! Good job, even if its because of a bug that won't let you conquer hell.
Pages: 1 [2]