Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1320191 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10335 on: November 09, 2016, 12:38:44 am »

The Democratic party will never recover from this. The party deserves to die, now and forever, for what its hubris has done to the nation.

There are no words for what must happen to the Republican party.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: November 09, 2016, 12:38:58 am »

Gerrymandering.

Edit: directed at OSG
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: November 09, 2016, 12:39:21 am »

Are the DNC and GOP not the ones who put forward their 'preferred' candidates for people to vote on in the primary?  that certainly is the way its worked my entire life.
Did we watch the same primaries? GOP the party seemed to absolutely hate Trump. The other candidates reportedly conspired together to try to stop Trump from reaching the required delegates count. Trump was not the "preferred" candidate at all, I don't think.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:28 am »

Lots of Maine isn't even part of a county.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:40 am »

He was still on their ballot, and none of the dissidents ran against him, did they now?  They fell in line and voted republican, because party loyalty overcomes revulsion.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: November 09, 2016, 12:42:06 am »

The Democratic party will never recover from this. The party deserves to die, now and forever, for what its hubris has done to the nation.

Depending how the presidency goes, the same thing could happen to the Republicans.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: November 09, 2016, 12:46:17 am »

He was still on their ballot, and none of the dissidents ran against him, did they now?  They fell in line and voted republican, because party loyalty overcomes revulsion.
They chose to not obviously rig their own convention in the end, nothing more. The rest is politics and doesn't count.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: November 09, 2016, 12:46:58 am »

They chose to not obviously rig their own convention in the end, nothing more. The rest is politics and doesn't count.

Ohh they certainly tried, they just failed because Trump steamrolled them.

In the same way that you can Gerrymander (Ugh probably got that wrong) all you want and create the most oblong districts... But if the vote is 80% there is nothing you can do. (I think the absolute limit if you were PSYCHIC is less than 75%)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: November 09, 2016, 12:47:48 am »

*Ahem*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not quite over yet, but I wouldn't want to be Clinton right now. I wonder if the "rust belt strategy" is going to become a thing from here on out.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: November 09, 2016, 12:48:18 am »

lol guys, it's not the end of the country

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: November 09, 2016, 12:48:43 am »

Depending how the presidency goes, the same thing could happen to the Republicans.

I hear that is how it normally goes. one angry thought germ dies and its symbiotic opposing angry thought germ is soon to follow.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: November 09, 2016, 12:49:42 am »

Yes because turmoil that will last 4-8 years short term... and can have far reaching effects for years or even decades after that... isn't a big deal :P

It isn't like people's lives and livelihood aren't hanging in the balance. :P

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: November 09, 2016, 12:50:08 am »

Trump is continuing to gain ground in Pennsylvania. At .6% difference between him and Clinton now.

Jesus Christ. PA was blue I think since they first started reporting, with a good margin between Clinton and Trump. What a comeback.

I remember when Obama won in 08 and republicans were screaming about the end of the US. This will probably be the same. Probably.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: November 09, 2016, 12:50:34 am »

thats why the country has completely fallen apart and ceased to be every other election right?

But yeah, the Republicans have said that whenever Dems won, and the country isn't over

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: November 09, 2016, 12:51:51 am »

Democrats screaming about the failure of democracy and the end of the world? Of course!

Everybody always thinks the world is going to end because they lose.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1249