Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1313253 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10350 on: November 09, 2016, 12:52:23 am »

thats why the country has completely fallen apart and ceased to be every other election right?

But yeah, the Republicans have said that whenever Dems won, and the country isn't over

Yeah but they are always drama queens when it comes to it.

The issue is that even the normally calm people are going crazy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: November 09, 2016, 12:52:36 am »

lol guys, it's not the end of the country
No, just the end of strong civil protection for women, LGBT people, minorities, and non-Christians. The deportation of many people, the possible institution of a religious test to enter the United States, and the end of many lives under continuing police militarization. The end of any chance at a Supreme Court that doesn't rubber stamp the Republican party platform and the normalization of leaving judicial seats empty if there's an election anywhere in sight. The possible beginning of dirty wars, droning, and politicians embracing bigotry and nationalism as the true face of America.

And, of course, the end of any respect on the international stage, from anybody besides fucking Pakistan. But not the end of the country, no.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: November 09, 2016, 12:53:26 am »

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: November 09, 2016, 12:54:35 am »

I'd put forth the statement that the Democrats have a history of being drama queens too -- but it's been a presidential winning streak for the Democrats for the last two terms, hence a bunch of angry republicans, so people only remember the republicans. Now that the presidential office looks to be switching the other way, so switch the roles

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: November 09, 2016, 12:55:52 am »

I remember when Obama won in 08 and republicans were screaming about the end of the US. This will probably be the same. Probably.
Considering Obama was sometimes described as Literally the Antichrist and Trump is routinely described as Literally Hitler, this sounds fairly likely.

No, just the end of strong civil protection for women, LGBT people, minorities, and non-Christians. The deportation of many people, the possible institution of a religious test to enter the United States, and the end of many lives under continuing police militarization. The end of any chance at a Supreme Court that doesn't rubber stamp the Republican party platform and the normalization of leaving judicial seats empty if there's an election anywhere in sight. The possible beginning of dirty wars, droning, and politicians embracing bigotry and nationalism as the true face of America.

And, of course, the end of any respect on the international stage, from anybody besides fucking Pakistan. But not the end of the country, no.
Again, people said the same things in an opposite slant about Obama. He never actually did most of it, and went completely the direction you'd expect on sending killbots to assassinate people he didn't like.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: November 09, 2016, 12:56:17 am »

I'd put forth the statement that the Democrats have a history of being drama queens too -- but it's been a presidential winning streak for the Democrats for the last two terms, hence a bunch of angry republicans, so people only remember the republicans. Now that the presidential office looks to be switching the other way, so switch the roles
Any member of the GOP Primary besides Trump would be bad for this country, but not the unmitigated disaster of Trump. I hope you're proud of yourself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: November 09, 2016, 12:56:27 am »

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Its that part of the history book where there's a map with a bunch of arrows and such, with a title along the lines of "Factors leading up to [bad thing]"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: November 09, 2016, 12:56:35 am »

politicians embracing bigotry and nationalism as the true face of America

Honestly... this here is the biggest worry I have.

Sure... Trump could, for example, make Gay marriage illegal again... But that would be reversed. Trump could start a war, but he would almost certainly pick a weak and defenseless target. He could tank the US economy (in fact, if he did exactly what he said he would do... it would, hence why even his most avid supporters don't believe him) but the US is strong enough to bounce back.

But the fact that he stirred up the latent bigotry in the USA and showed that you could win with that as a platform is the most scary part of all.

They are always drama queens on all sides.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: November 09, 2016, 12:57:08 am »

The ironic part about all this is that all those blue collar voters that came out for Trump are probably going to be the ones hurt most by his economic "policy", unless he flip-flops the moment he gets into office.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: November 09, 2016, 12:59:16 am »

The ironic part about all this is that all those blue collar voters that came out for Trump are probably going to be the ones hurt most by his economic "policy", unless he flip-flops the moment he gets into office.

Yes but that isn't too too unusual.

Remember Trump's campaign is about giving you an IDEA of what he will do, without actually telling you about it (unless you actually go online and read it...)

So basically it has become a "Fill in what will make American Great again here and Trump will do that"

Basically it is the Obama campaign :P

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: November 09, 2016, 01:01:49 am »

On heh lighter and greener news: it looks like recreational marijuana is going to be legalized in California,

Spoiler: so... (click to show/hide)
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: November 09, 2016, 01:04:50 am »

God bless America.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: November 09, 2016, 01:05:38 am »

Trump now has a .8% lead in Pennsylvania jesus christ the lead just gets bigger and bigger. I can't believe PA even turned red.

Just ~150 precincts left to report in PA. The suspense is killing me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: November 09, 2016, 01:06:36 am »

So when Trump becomes president.

I am kind of hoping he completely messes the USA up... It is actually... something they desperately need to happen to them.

They need to have one of the most disastrous presidential results ever experienced in well over 100 years. It is the only way the USA will actually grow a pair and grow up.

Since a ineffectual presidency helps no one and a "effective presidency" would almost be a horror story to the world. "Turns out Banning Islam actually does protect the country from ISIS completely"

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: November 09, 2016, 01:10:25 am »

So when Trump becomes president.

I am kind of hoping he completely messes the USA up... It is actually... something they desperately need to happen to them.

They need to have one of the most disastrous presidential results ever experienced in well over 100 years. It is the only way the USA will actually grow a pair and grow up.

Since a ineffectual presidency helps no one and a "effective presidency" would almost be a horror story to the world. "Turns out Banning Islam actually does protect the country from ISIS completely"

Seriously? You actually believe this?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 1249