Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1297479 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10365 on: November 09, 2016, 01:10:48 am »

What do you mean Wolfhunter107?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: November 09, 2016, 01:11:48 am »

Its neonivek, you need to decrypt what he's trying to say before you quote it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: November 09, 2016, 01:12:01 am »

Again, people said the same things in an opposite slant about Obama. He never actually did most of it, and went completely the direction you'd expect on sending killbots to assassinate people he didn't like.
While true, obama also wasn't actually running on the platform they were saying he was, nor actually outright saying he was going to do those things. Most of their perception of 'im were distortions or outright lies. Trump kinda', y'know. Is. Running on those platforms and outright saying those things. The perception of him comes right from his mouth and his party's platform. Not really equivalent situations.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: November 09, 2016, 01:13:07 am »

I'm asking if you really think that putting Trump in charge is a good idea, because that's utterly insane.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: November 09, 2016, 01:14:53 am »

I'm asking if you really think that putting Trump in charge is a good idea, because that's utterly insane.

I don't know where I implied it.

Its neonivek, you need to decrypt what he's trying to say before you quote it.

Apparently...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: November 09, 2016, 01:15:19 am »

See it's nice to think a political decision the people make fucks things up when you don't live there.

I was alright with the Brexit decision because, despite being a Brit, I don't live there no more.

This Trump thing though... no. I have to hope he grows some kind of fucking sensibility or something because he can't continue this populist bigoted nonsense while in office. I don't know how to describe my position about how awful Trump is, just based on what he's saying. He's just fucking awful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: November 09, 2016, 01:16:34 am »

That wasn't my take-home message of what was said.

It looked more like my calls for hard, sudden, immediate Brexit back at the end of June, to get rid of all the uncertainty and quickly reveal all the results of Leaving so that everybody knew what was actually voted for.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: November 09, 2016, 01:17:19 am »

So when Trump becomes president.

I am kind of hoping he completely messes the USA up... It is actually... something they desperately need to happen to them.

They need to have one of the most disastrous presidential results ever experienced in well over 100 years. It is the only way the USA will actually grow a pair and grow up.

Since a ineffectual presidency helps no one and a "effective presidency" would almost be a horror story to the world. "Turns out Banning Islam actually does protect the country from ISIS completely"

Seriously? You actually believe this?
A lot of Berniebros have been saying this ever since they lost.  Threw the election in a huff of "Well fine, maybe we should just smash everything!  If we can't have positive change, let's have HORRIBLE change that will shock everyone into good sense!"

Talking more about people I know in real life, than anyone here.
Anyway, it's a horrifying sentiment.
And not something I really appreciate from a foreigner, frankly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10373 on: November 09, 2016, 01:17:51 am »

So apparently Trump has trumped Hillary. I just heard on the radio that he proably did and seeing this thread seems to confirm that pretty hillariously.

Rest in pieces America, it was nice knowing ye. ;_;7 You brought this on yourself by making people vote between two horrible candidates while declaring Sanders a commie and Cruz (I don't actually remember him much but he couldn't be worse) a Zodiac killer, not to mention that the whole voting system is retarded anyway (wtf with third-party candidates appearing on some lists but not others? I know they.have no chance and voting for them is a meme but come on...). At least /k/ommandos will be happy, since they will have cheap Russian guns to use in incoming nuclear apocalypse.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: November 09, 2016, 01:18:25 am »

As far as I can recall, Obama, and Bush before him, had a modicum of dignity and decency. Neither, as far as I know, pointed out how a moderator's period might be relevant. They were fit to be president. They carried the office well. Trump cannot. Or, at least, judging from how he has behaved his entire life, it seems very unlikely he will.

He rode a wave of spite into office. It is not the end of the world, but it and man are worse off for it. Some will be worse off than others.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: November 09, 2016, 01:18:45 am »

I'd put forth the statement that the Democrats have a history of being drama queens too -- but it's been a presidential winning streak for the Democrats for the last two terms, hence a bunch of angry republicans, so people only remember the republicans. Now that the presidential office looks to be switching the other way, so switch the roles
Any member of the GOP Primary besides Trump would be bad for this country, but not the unmitigated disaster of Trump. I hope you're proud of yourself.
I genuinely believe a religious fundamentalist like Cruz or Rubio would be unfathomably worse than Trump. I have hopes that Trump is playing the electorate like some Machiavellian puppetmaster, to sate his own ego and cement his historical legacy. Regardless, at least he has a history of somewhat socially progressive politics, unlike most GOP politicians.

Bush looks positively sane compared to Rubio/Cruz. The GOP is infected with religious fundamentalism, and at the very least, Trump isn't one of them (even if he's tried to appeal to them).

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: November 09, 2016, 01:19:12 am »

I suspect that one of the big factors in this result is "victory disease" on the part of Clinton's campaign. Just a few days ago most of the pundits and pollsters were dogpiling on Silver for giving Trump an "absurdly high"  30 percent chance to win, and Clinton's campaign seemed to spend too much effort going for  a landslide instead of securing key states.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: November 09, 2016, 01:20:31 am »

With any luck, two to four years from now Donald Trump's portrait will be taken out of the White House and burned so it stops soiling the legacy of this country.

With real luck Clinton will squeak by into 270 against all odds.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: November 09, 2016, 01:21:00 am »

Yknow, you brits have a whole bunch of candidates for things. Can we borrow one of them and pretend its trump? :P

Even if they're rubbish at it and technically can't do it for constitutional reasons, they'll be less shit than our likely idiot-in-chief.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: November 09, 2016, 01:21:32 am »

I was more peeved with Brexit because of what the rhetoric behind it was then the actual results... but as people told me the rhetoric had little to do with how people actually voted.

Trump though... OHH BOY.

Trump's campaign is like a Brexit parody or satire where the joke is how exaggerated things are.

Talking more about people I know in real life, than anyone here.
Anyway, it's a horrifying sentiment.
And not something I really appreciate from a foreigner, frankly

Most of the world doesn't have the anti-foreigner stance that the USA has (Foreigners can become British Prime Minister for example)

But yes... it IS a horrifying sentiment. It is why even I am kind of aghast that I kind of want it to happen. Mind you it is just talk, these are people's lives.

Also who would you accept it from? Also in this case I am directly affected by this Presidency, so I actually have right to talk this time :P

I suspect that one of the big factors in this result is "victory disease" on the part of Clinton's campaign. Just a few days ago most of the pundits and pollsters were dogpiling on Silver for giving Trump an "absurdly high"  30 percent chance to win, and Clinton's campaign seemed to spend too much effort going for  a landslide instead of securing key states.

No, she definitely went for Keystates.

She just lost her biggest clincher... BADLY too.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:24:05 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 1249