Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1313248 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10410 on: November 09, 2016, 01:44:30 am »

Have to say what I'm looking forward to least in the next 48 hours are the suicide numbers. Even if it somehow comes out for sanity, I'm already seeing mentions of LGBT folks making attempts or managing it. Considering the currently presumptive VP has stated support for plans to reducing funding for HIV research in order to fund LGBT torture camps, it's entirely too bloody understandable.

That said, I wholeheartedly approve of Trump for the message I feel it sends to the major parties: People are sick of their shit and will vote in a vulgar celebrity over the party line if they're pushed far enough. It's a very similar concept, just with what I assume are more coherent, professional actors.
Problem is, that's not the message it sends at all. The message a trump victory is going to send is that lying about abso-fucking-lutely everything while beating the drum of nationalism and bigotry is how you win an election. It's also sending the message that party affiliation is more important than your candidate's anything, which is the exact opposite of what you're positing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: November 09, 2016, 01:44:48 am »

Well, here's to hoping this'll be interesting.  I remember thinking everything was going to go to shit when Dubya got reelected.  And, I mean, the world does seem like it's going to shit, but I think that's unrelated.

I wonder how many SJWs are having aneurysms right about now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: November 09, 2016, 01:45:42 am »

flipping hell the thread's moving fast, I'm too sleepy for this
Talking more about people I know in real life, than anyone here.
Anyway, it's a horrifying sentiment.
And not something I really appreciate from a foreigner, frankly

Most of the world doesn't have the anti-foreigner stance that the USA has (Foreigners can become British Prime Minister for example)

But yes... it IS a horrifying sentiment. It is why even I am kind of aghast that I kind of want it to happen. Mind you it is just talk, these are people's lives.

Also who would you accept it from? Also in this case I am directly affected by this Presidency, so I actually have right to talk this time :P
Uh, based on the Prime Minister line, I think we have a definition problem.  I guess I mean non-citizens.
I'm not being anti naturalized immigrants whatsoever
(also we take in a fifth of the world's immigrants, but right right, we have a unique problem with foreigners (aka "immigrants", apparently?).  They're accepted sooo well in all those enlightened countries ::))

I can't really guess what supposedly makes this the first US election that affects Canada, or you specifically, but there's still a huge difference...  I wouldn't go to Canada and talk shit about hockey, much less suggest electing a nazi for a while to shake things up.  That's terrible behavior for a guest!

It's the "You can't talk shit about my family, even though they're shit" principle.  In that... you're free to talk shit...  But I'm not going to like it.  Particularly if you suggest we jump off a bridge for perspective or whatever.  Again, I don't know your entire situation, but you aren't a US citizen.  You're Canadian.  You did the same thing regarding Brexit, and that wasn't cool either.

Brexit affects me, and everybody, but that doesn't give me the right to give Brits terrible suggestions without getting glared out of the room.  Have a little respect?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: November 09, 2016, 01:46:29 am »

Dosn't matter what 3rd party you wanted just a total 3rd party vote of more than just a sliver.  We needed enough third party voters for a candidate to seriously consider offering voting reform like a ranked voting system, to pull in their vote next election cycle.   We did not.

We can try again in 4 years.  Which means the earliest hope for any change actually happening to start un-fucking this country is 8 years from now.

I think just taking my ballot and lighting it on fire at the poling place would have a bigger impact on peoples opinions.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: November 09, 2016, 01:46:55 am »

Chinese interesting, yes.

Not the good kind of interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: November 09, 2016, 01:47:22 am »

Brexit affects me, and everybody, but that doesn't give me the right to give Brits terrible suggestions without getting glared out of the room.  Have a little respect?

No...

Canada is told what to do ALL the time... it is practically our national sport.

Why should I give anyone the preferential treatment Canada isn't given? :P

But I guess it is ok because it is Canada.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: November 09, 2016, 01:48:31 am »

No...

Well then... stand up for yourselves!  You do you!  That's an order!  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:04 am »

Chinese interesting, yes.

Not the good kind of interesting.
*shrug*

I'm full of piss and vinegar either way.  Doesn't matter if Trump or Hillary takes office.  People still get screwed, rich get richer, and we just wait another four years to elect some impotent figurehead into office.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:09 am »

No...

Well then... stand up for yourselves!  You do you!  That's an order!  :P

We don't care :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:42 am »

Have to say what I'm looking forward to least in the next 48 hours are the suicide numbers. Even if it somehow comes out for sanity, I'm already seeing mentions of LGBT folks making attempts or managing it. Considering the currently presumptive VP has stated support for plans to reducing funding for HIV research in order to fund LGBT torture camps, it's entirely too bloody understandable.

shit
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: November 09, 2016, 01:50:24 am »

What i fear is what the right wing nutcases going to do when they realize Trump was all talk and wont cater to their crazy believes.

With Hillary, they would have sat relatively quiet since it wasn't their candidate and they could wait 8 years to vote for their candidate they wish for, meaning they had still retained some hope and trust in the current system. with Trump, it's their candidate, their elections. their only conclusion would be that the system will never work for them so they might as well break things up violently.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: November 09, 2016, 01:50:49 am »

what a time to be alive, memes and rage did the unthinkable. elections are ruined forever. media is exposed as completely partisan and peopole turned to internet, where it's even worse as everyone can choose only to participate in affirmative circlejerks.

you think this election was bad? wait. the next one both candidate will be leveraging new media. it'll be a shitstorm that will make eternal september look like a turd breeze.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: November 09, 2016, 01:51:21 am »

Well, here's to hoping this'll be interesting.  I remember thinking everything was going to go to shit when Dubya got reelected.  And, I mean, the world does seem like it's going to shit, but I think that's unrelated.
The world is always going to shit. Just do the best you can for your life and hope things don't get too bad in your lifetime. I'm quickly coming to this conclusion.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: November 09, 2016, 01:51:39 am »

Fox news is showing live feed from "clinton election night HQ".  I'd say the crowd is a cross between worried/nervous and trying desperately to convince themselves that everything will be okay.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: November 09, 2016, 01:52:09 am »

What i fear is what the right wing nutcases going to do when they realize Trump was all talk and wont cater to their crazy believes.

With Hillary, they would have sat relatively quiet since it wasn't their candidate and they could wait 8 years to vote for their candidate they wish for, meaning they had still retained some hope and trust in the current system. with Trump, it's their candidate, their elections. their only conclusion would be that the system will never work for them so they might as well break things up violently.

Remember when Trump said "Its rigged" and people were willing to raise Pitchforks to support him?

All he needs to do is say that things are rigged again and boom! "Crazy Right Wingers" will completely agree with him.

It helps that... yeah... things are rigged a bit even if you become president.
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1249