Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1318173 times)

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10680 on: November 09, 2016, 07:13:23 am »

oh my god Clinton might just win the popular vote when everything tallied. every Clinton supporter is going to flip shit if that happens.

I wonder how many of the places Clinton "won" will have over 80% turnout rate. :')

(Hint: 80% turnout is pretty much impossible. Even Brexit with 72~% was ridiculous.)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: November 09, 2016, 07:14:41 am »

most of the uncounted votes are in California. still 9% and yea double checked and its a 100,000 lead for Clinton. now people can actually call they system rigged and be right in a way.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10682 on: November 09, 2016, 07:17:03 am »

I wonder how many of the places Clinton "won" will have over 80% turnout rate. :')

(Hint: 80% turnout is pretty much impossible. Even Brexit with 72~% was ridiculous.)
u wot
What's ridiculous about 72%

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: November 09, 2016, 07:22:04 am »

u wot
What's ridiculous about 72%

UK averages around 65~% (commonly less) voter turnout in general elections. 72% is a full standard deviation above that. That's wild.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: November 09, 2016, 07:33:01 am »

I await Clinton fans to start lash at Sanders for not quitting on time as an excuse for her loss.

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: November 09, 2016, 07:33:53 am »

(removed)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:51:46 pm by Toady One »

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: November 09, 2016, 07:37:51 am »

most of the uncounted votes are in California. still 9% and yea double checked and its a 100,000 lead for Clinton. now people can actually call they system rigged and be right in a way.

Democracy: where the person with fewer votes than his opponent gets to be president.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: November 09, 2016, 07:38:28 am »

It's funny how the system is broken only when you don't like the result.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: November 09, 2016, 07:41:30 am »

regardless of the results, there's no denying that the democratic system in the states is broken

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: November 09, 2016, 07:42:42 am »

Yeah look all the leftie dragging their feet now on how democracy doesn't work

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: November 09, 2016, 07:43:52 am »

Uh, I have found the US way of voting idiotic for years. But hey, I am just glad I don't live there.

In what way does someone with the lesser amount of votes winning make any sense?

It's not even winning with a minority vote, it is literally winning while more people say they want the other candidate.

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: November 09, 2016, 07:46:27 am »

Brexit vote was literally direct proportional voting and all we had were pro-EU people crying about how "that kind of democracy doesn't work, people don't really know what they want, we needed an electoral college system" and now America has voted with an electoral college system it's "the system is broken, we need direct proportional voting, this kind of democracy doesn't work".

Has me giggling.

regardless of the results, there's no denying that the democratic system in the states is broken

Yeah, no. If Hillary Clinton has more populist votes then it means your state lines got fucked somehow. The electoral college is meant to make it so that a state with more people gets more input. That means your population numbers weren't checked properly.

Either that or (more likely) illegal voting occured in favour of Hillary Clinton.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: November 09, 2016, 07:52:26 am »

Brexit vote was literally direct proportional voting and all we had were pro-EU people crying about how "that kind of democracy doesn't work, people don't really know what they want, we needed an electoral college system" and now America has voted with an electoral college system it's "the system is broken, we need direct proportional voting, this kind of democracy doesn't work".

Has me giggling.

Yeah, no. If Hillary Clinton has more populist votes then it means your state lines got fucked somehow. The electoral college is meant to make it so that a state with more people gets more input. That means your population numbers weren't checked properly.

Either that or (more likely) illegal voting occured in favour of Hillary Clinton.

What, you literally have no idea what you are talking about do you?

The only actual reason is that more Republicans live in area's only slightly leaning Republican, while more democrats live in area's heavily favouring democrats. There is literally no difference between winning a state with 51% and winning it with 99% under the US winner takes all system.

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: November 09, 2016, 07:53:59 am »

What, you literally have no idea what you are talking about do you?

The only actual reason is that more Republicans live in area's only slightly leaning Republican, while more democrats live in area's heavily favouring democrats. There is literally no difference between winning a state with 51% and winning it with 99% under the US winner takes all system.

You do know some states are worth more, right?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: November 09, 2016, 07:56:48 am »

... uh, yeah, and it's the ones with smaller populations. Their votes count a hell of a lot more per person than those in more populated areas. Raw number of electors in a state does not mean they're getting more say. It means they've got to get together more people to have the same amount.

Seriously, the EC was, at least in part, specifically built to curtail populism (for all the good it did this time). It's biased towards the smaller elector count states.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:58:25 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 1249