Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1318248 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1590 on: July 27, 2016, 11:01:25 pm »

EDIT: I still can't get it over that both DNC and RNC had religious opening and closing ceremony-things. If something like that happened in Russia, our "liberals" would condemn it very, very hard, and sneer at the "backwards religious fucks".

Well the US never went through three generations of mandatory atheism.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: July 27, 2016, 11:05:21 pm »

<3 Obama <3
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: July 27, 2016, 11:11:17 pm »

EDIT: I still can't get it over that both DNC and RNC had religious opening and closing ceremony-things. If something like that happened in Russia, our "liberals" would condemn it very, very hard, and sneer at the "backwards religious fucks".

Well the US never went through three generations of mandatory atheism.
Well, it wasn't actually mandatory per se... it's just that being religious was interpreted as a sign of mental deficiency/weakness, and religious individuals were thus looked upon with pity at best. A lot of that sentiment has survived, especially among the more self-declared "progressive thinking" circles.

And yes, Obama rocked the stage. why don't we have Obama as a President? the world is so unfair
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1593 on: July 27, 2016, 11:13:12 pm »

Obama for President 2016

lousy term limits
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:40 pm »

The grass is always greener...
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1595 on: July 27, 2016, 11:17:50 pm »

NZ doesn't have term limits FWIW
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: July 27, 2016, 11:20:57 pm »

I'd say Hillary has a higher chance of starting a US involved war than Trump. Hillary is an egotist and a glory hog, unable to admit fault with any of her plans and unable to back down from a fight or anything she might see as promoting her reputation. She's shown a complete disregard for the risks of any plan she implements and when it has backfired on her, and it has backfired on her oh so many times, she refuses to acknowledge the consequences or accept responsibility.

This doesn't mean I approve of Trump, I still think he's at least as bad a choice as Hillary, but if I had to say over the course of 4 years who I think would be responsible for more deaths, gotta be Hillary. That is the true threat I see from her, beyond the corruption and the cronyism and the forced narratives.
I figure Hillary is more likely to start a war than Trump is.

But I figure a war is more likely to occur under Trump.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: July 27, 2016, 11:23:33 pm »

Few people really want to be president for 12 years or more.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: July 27, 2016, 11:31:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be taking a third term even if he could.  There isn't much life left in that aged body, he probably doesn't want to spend the last of it in office.
Obama is in his 50s.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: July 27, 2016, 11:31:10 pm »

Few people really want to be president for 12 years or more.
It's not just that, it's also that being so long in such a high-powered role does a number on your sensitivity to the world and its issues, and thus will eventually be ultimately detrimental to the country. Good President should strive to do the best he can do for his country.

I was talking about more, like, a President like Obama, circa 2008. Not Obama himself. Clinton, for all the praises that have been thrown into her side, is merely "ready". Obama is "hope", which is something I feel is much more valuable than that.
._.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 27, 2016, 11:37:50 pm »

I was talking about more, like, a President like Obama, circa 2008. Not Obama himself. Clinton, for all the praises that have been thrown into her side, is merely "ready". Obama is "hope", which is something I feel is much more valuable than that.
Why do you praise Tzeentch, heretic?

Why do you not praise God-Emperor Trump, or at least High Lord Clinton? Can you not be inspired by General Sanders?

Must we send you to...reeducation...by Commissar Cruz?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 27, 2016, 11:48:27 pm »

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only the Zodiac Killer.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1603 on: July 27, 2016, 11:51:09 pm »

Would be interesting to see some polls on whether people would vote for Cruz or Trump in the presidency.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 27, 2016, 11:52:22 pm »

Would be interesting to see some polls on whether people would vote for Cruz or Trump in the presidency.

I believe we had a rather large poll on that topic.  Took place in all 50 states.  Ended with Cruz dropping a microphone in Cleveland out of the hope that Trump would lose his security deposit.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1249