Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1318095 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6405 on: October 10, 2016, 09:39:50 am »

Plus, 3rd party candidates, this election, actually seem less like they want to rule and more like they want to push specific policy plans. But meh.
Gary Johnson basically being Republicans -xenophobia -surveillance +marijuana, which is perfectly fine by me because I'm not one of those anarchocapitalist "HE'S NAWT A REEEEEL LIBERTARIAN" people

and Jill Stein being Jill "REMOVE NATIONAL BORDERS" Stein

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: October 10, 2016, 09:47:10 am »

Plus, 3rd party candidates, this election, actually seem less like they want to rule and more like they want to push specific policy plans. But meh.

If they want to push a specific policy, running for president isn't the way to do it.  That's like saying you want to have a great singing voice so you are going to the carwash.

You could maybe make an exception for Larry Lessig (my waifu!) but the thing about Larry Lessig is that his ego was small enough that he saw he wasn't helping his cause and quit to avoid doing any harm.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: October 10, 2016, 09:54:08 am »

Jill Stein is still, in my head, "Jill 'WIFI GIVES YOU BRAIN CANCER' Stein".

Anyway. It looks like all those people who predicted that Republicans were only abandoning Trump because he was losing were right. I admit it, I thought that was too much. I thought that some portion of elected Republicans had simply had enough of his crap. But no.

Politico Caucus seems to indicate that the results were highly polarized. Republicans think Trump did well, Democrats think Clinton effectively parried. Republicans think Trump stopped the bleeding. I'm inclined to agree, but we don't know how much blood he lost to begin with, so assessments of the damage are premature. Again, I hate to say it, and I know FiveThirtyEight gets annoyed with how often they say it, but wait for the polls to roll in.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: October 10, 2016, 09:54:57 am »

Clone Douglas Adams/Vampire Terry Pratchett 2020!
If we're resurrecting the dead may as well make for a third Campfire administration.

Theodore Roosevelt/Andrew Jackson 2020
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: October 10, 2016, 09:56:40 am »

Though personally I find Gary Johnson has an aura of utter incompetence

he had so many facepalm moments, like not knowing what Aleppo was.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: October 10, 2016, 09:59:24 am »

The opinion of the director of the FBI (who headed the investigation) on obstruction of justice:
"We do not see those things here."

and later on:
"I should add here that we found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them"

The very act of deleting the emails is itself evidence of intent to conceal. The fact that the director of the FBI could even utter such a ludicrous statement as this is itself clear evidence that something is seriously amiss.

Speaking of Trump supporters, I have a question for ones that aren't named "Folly".

To be clear, I do not support Trump. I do however believe that he should be condemned for the right reasons. Condemn him for his racially biased political stances and exploitative business practices, not because he struck-out hitting on a married woman more than a decade ago.

I support Hilary. I do not approve of Hilary, but I support her as the lesser evil. That does not however mean that I believe her many many many faults should simply be ignored. All I'm interested in is the truth.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: October 10, 2016, 10:00:31 am »

The fact that an expert disagrees with you is evidence that you are in over your head, not that the expert is wrong.

If you disagree then please tell me about the law school you attended, the cases you have investigated for the federal government and the corruption you have exposed.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: October 10, 2016, 10:03:08 am »

Yeah, it's unfortunate how bad the third party candidates are this year.

Gary Johnson still has a significant amount going for him, though how many are purely protest votes and how many truly are supporting him, I have no clue.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:04:47 am by smjjames »

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: October 10, 2016, 10:06:06 am »

Anyway. It looks like all those people who predicted that Republicans were only abandoning Trump because he was losing were right.
Excellent! I'll take my winnings in bonds or Bitcoin, thank you :D  Of course, those few dozen who've already disavowed him are going to look terrible if they immediately reverse. I'm pretty sure that this is just going to drive an even bigger wedge between the Republican establishment and their own base.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: October 10, 2016, 10:22:28 am »

Yeah, it's unfortunate how bad the third party candidates are this year.

Gary Johnson still has a significant amount going for him, though how many are purely protest votes and how many truly are supporting him, I have no clue.

Personally I tend to respect a man who can admit when he doesn't know something and ask for clarification. but that's just me. You start quizzing anyone on geography you're eventually going to stump them. I don't like a lot of Johnson's stances but he's far better than Clinton or Trump. I might still vote Stein though as I'm more in line with her stances. I still believe that the huge majority of "dumb quotes" from her are taken completely out of context and pushed by people scared of her eating into the Hillary vote. But she has some downsides as well. A horribly questionable VP pick and some embarassing actions like the bulldozer incident.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: October 10, 2016, 10:26:54 am »

Speaking of Trump supporters, I have a question for ones that aren't named "Folly".

How do *you* guys rationalize Trump's recent comments? Folly has answered this one, but I think anyone supporting Trump should speak to it. I mean hey, BFEL, tell me how you'd feel if a rich and powerful man grabbed your beloved mother by her vagina.
Well since he didn't actually do that, just talked about wanting to do that with another dude who was egging him on, its...not really an issue? I actually talked a bit with Karne on steam about it, and lets be honest, just about everyone talks shit like that occasionally. I sure as hell say some crazy shit with my friends.

Also calling them "recent" comments is pretty ridiculous, since it happened 11 years ago and was just drudged up by Hillary's campaign now (she had an attack ad about it within 3 hours, so its pretty much guaranteed she knew in advance).

Personally I feel the world would be a better, or at least less irritating place if people would collectively get over treating sexuality like something to be ashamed of, I certainly don't.

As for my mom, she's a perv and all emotional trauma from the hypothetical situation would be due to her bragging and talking shit about it literally forever.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: October 10, 2016, 10:30:01 am »

but there's a difference between sexuality and molestationnnnnn

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: October 10, 2016, 10:30:17 am »

I still believe that the huge majority of "dumb quotes" from her are taken completely out of context and pushed by people scared of her eating into the Hillary vote.

The Clinton campaign doesn't control the green party website:
http://www.jill2016.com/stein_in_russia_calls_for_principled_collaboration

The woman is a textbook example of a useful idiot.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: October 10, 2016, 10:37:13 am »

Condemn him for his racially biased political stances and exploitative business practices, not because he struck-out hitting on a married woman more than a decade ago.
The hitting on a married woman is probably the LEAST scuzzy thing in his comments. How about:

1) And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything...grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

I.e. "I'm rich and famous and so I can do whatever the fuck I want."

2) You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.

"Again, WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT. Who cares if they're grossed out by a man old enough to be their grandfather macking on them? Ivanka certainly doesn't mind."

3)  But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

I'm surprised this one hasn't ended up with the #ByeFelipe hashtag. Classic douche manuever -- she's hot until she rejects you, then she's a ugly fake bitch.

The more I hear "this is just how guys talk", the more I'm inclined to remove said "guys" from the male gene pool. It's a variant on the "boys will be boys" defense, which is typically invoked when said boys have been egregious shitwads.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: October 10, 2016, 10:38:42 am »

Guys I am sorry about all the $hilling for Hill.  I have seen the light.

Ken Bone 2016
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1249