Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1318395 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6825 on: October 13, 2016, 09:31:08 am »

It's a simple case of Trump following the Republican logic of Obama being the worst thing ever by saying "Look, even Putin is better."

Yes, republicans are horrible.  Maybe they contributed to his authoritarian impulses.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: October 13, 2016, 09:47:16 am »

It's a simple case of Trump following the Republican logic of Obama being the worst thing ever by saying "Look, even Putin is better."

Yes, republicans are horrible.  Maybe they contributed to his authoritarian impulses.

Or maybe he's always had them and they're just being enablers.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: October 13, 2016, 10:29:11 am »

Six of one, half a dozen of the other?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6828 on: October 13, 2016, 11:32:29 am »

It's interesting watching the total moral and ethical bankruptcy of the Right. For instance, Rush Limbaugh:

Quote from: Rush Limbaugh
"The left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent," Limbaugh said during his namesake radio Show Wednesday. "If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police."

This is beyond the far horizon of parody.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: October 13, 2016, 11:56:02 am »

Well, for once in his life he said something accurate.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: October 13, 2016, 12:20:41 pm »

Not so much. There are a lot of young and middle-aged Trump supporters as well. In fact, it's them I'm more worried about than the old farts. After the election, old people will just bitch about how nothing ever changes, then go back to complaining about their lumbago and how their kids don't visit them enough. It's the young ones who are more likely to do something very rash and very stupid.

He has decent support among middle-aged voters.  But I can't find any claims anywhere that he has more than 30% support with young voters.  The demographic that supports him the most is bitter, hateful, ugly-american old baby boomers.

I'm hoping that after they're gone, there won't be enough support to launch another guy like him into such a dangerous position of prominence.  We're growing up in a completely different world from our grandparents, after all.  I've been talking to people from around the world every day since i was 13 years old.  That alone is an enormous influence on perspective vs people who grew up alone with their cold war propaganda.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: October 13, 2016, 12:25:40 pm »

John Stumpf was forcibly retired and didn't even get a golden parachute to supplement his existing stolen millions. Ya-ay~. We need to bring back impalement for white-collar crime. /s, mostly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: October 13, 2016, 12:29:06 pm »

"If this election were a video game, and Hilary Clinton is completing women's 100 year quest to win the Oval Office, then it makes sense that [Trump] is the final boss." - John Oliver's writers.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: October 13, 2016, 12:34:24 pm »

It's interesting watching the total moral and ethical bankruptcy of the Right.

(cough)...
https://therationalists.org/2016/10/12/3923/

so let's just be honest.
Both candidates and parties are just horrible.
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: October 13, 2016, 12:38:01 pm »

New poll from Utah. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/poll-utah-trump-clinton-229731 It shows a similar split as the one linked yesterday but has Trump leading by 6 points, so, maniac's statement regarding winning Utah with less than 35% works both ways, and it looks very possible here.

Would be good to know how much of a chunk McMullin is taking from Trump in other states. It sort of resembles 1912 a little, but McMullin is completely the opposite of Teddy Roosevelt in terms of  name brand knowledge.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:40:12 pm by smjjames »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6835 on: October 13, 2016, 12:46:04 pm »

It's interesting watching the total moral and ethical bankruptcy of the Right.

(cough)...
https://therationalists.org/2016/10/12/3923/

so let's just be honest.
Both candidates and parties are just horrible.

This argument doesn't worth this year, and I'm damned tired of people parroting this limp-wristed excuse for an excuse. You don't always get what you want, but you still have to get back up and weigh the options and the consequences.

Is Hillary the virgin Mary? No! But the consequences of a Hillary presidency are far less bad than those of a Trump presidency. A Hillary presidency will at very least ensure we don't have an unimpeachable corporate incompetent on the SC. A Hillary presidency won't be involved in witch-hunts, it won't shame the US before the world, it won't break treaties and crater the economy with insane international policies.

Did I want Bernie? Yes. Of course I did. He'd probably be a better candidate. But that is not an option anymore. Maybe people will actually vote in the 2020 primaries.

If you really must protest the system, vote for Johnson so he can get 15% of the vote. If he does, then he'll be a significant force next election.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: October 13, 2016, 12:46:43 pm »

Evan McMullin is now listed on 538's electoral college prediction.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: October 13, 2016, 12:57:59 pm »

They still aren't showing him in the updates page for the polls that are coming in http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/updates/

Trump promises to provide evidence against the claims 'very soon'. I'd certainly love to see his explainations. The one that was on the plane is probably the easiest to prove/disprove because all an investigator would need to do is find whether they were on the same flight or not and if they were, inquire at the plane type they were on because the person claimed that Trump lifted the armrest and his spokeswoman says that the armrests were fixed in place.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:17:52 pm by smjjames »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: October 13, 2016, 01:02:07 pm »

They did say in one of their articles that it'd take them a few days to work him into all of their models.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: October 13, 2016, 01:10:48 pm »

Quote from: From one of the comments on an earlier link
“It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see…”
“You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?”
“No,” said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, “nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people.”
“Odd,” said Arthur, “I thought you said it was a democracy.”
“I did,” said Ford. “It is.”
“So,” said Arthur, hoping he wasn’t sounding ridiculously obtuse, “why don’t people get rid of the lizards?”
“It honestly doesn’t occur to them,” said Ford. “They’ve all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they’ve voted in more or less approximates to the government they want.”
“You mean they actually vote for the lizards?”
“Oh yes,” said Ford with a shrug, “of course.”
“But,” said Arthur, going for the big one again, “why?”
“Because if they didn’t vote for a lizard,” said Ford, “the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?”

― Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (1984)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1249