Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1316883 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6945 on: October 14, 2016, 02:45:06 pm »

Plus, Trump didn't JUST NOW start getting accused of sexual assault.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/gossip/harassment-suit-trumped-article-1.764918
5/6/1997

... bloody fuck. Just noticed trump's palm beach speech. Conspiracies of international bankers, folks. After america's sovereignty.

If that sounds familiar to you, you might just know some german.
Aaand another point towards "Trump is a Russian puppet" - conspiracy theories like that are incredibly popular over here, to the point that I was encountering things like that in 40+ year old Soviet books written about WW2, which have "proven" (with no real proofs of course) that these "international bankers" were trying to intentionally sabotage lend-lease by giving direct orders to Churchill in order to destroy USSR.
Speaking of Russia, I could swear I saw something about Putin moving nuclear armed missiles along NATO borders? I was just loopy from lack of sleep earlier this week right?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: October 14, 2016, 02:48:24 pm »

That's some amazing logic you've cooked up where a woman demanding the right to not be touched or have sexual comments made to her is THEM being aggressive.

You want to talk about rights, what about a man's right to free speech? Ever since democrats got up on their high horses about sexual assault, all I've heard from them is how we need to control what people can and cannot say. You all keep trying to make this issue about actions, but it's actually about words, and in this country people are allowed to say whatever they feel like saying no matter how crass.

There is no credible evidence that Donald Trump harassed anybody. All he did was have a private conversation with a friend on a bus, and now Hillary's party are turning it into a far bigger issue than what it really is. Honestly, the amount of slander and lies that have come out in the recent days is far more disgusting than Trump's overly honest dialogue.
Slander against who?

Plus, there's a reason you have a right to remain silent. Freedom of speech does not mean you cannot be held accountable for your words. If you say 'I killed and buried a five-year old child the other day with a knife' on national television, maybe you were kidding around and trying to troll people, but you're still gonna be in a lot of trouble. Furthermore, while people are allowed to say whatever they want legally, that's not the same as all the people around them having to not respond. FURTHERMORE, as we are allowed to say whatever we wish, however crass or untrue, so long as it doesn't actually advocate crime, the left can says basically whatever it wants about Trump, much like he's been saying whatever he wants about the left. Respect is a two-way street, and while I'm all for treating people with respect regardless of their beliefs, I'm not a perfect individual, and thus that is largely contingent on them treating myself and the people I'm close to with respect. I don't think that I would consider a political candidate close to me, but I would also consider political candidates acceptable targets for mockery. They get a lot of power, being made fun of is a pretty small price. I think it's best to do so honestly, but I also honestly believe that the things Trump said earned him this rebuke from the public. I still think of him as a sleazeball with a heart of gold (I mean that literally, by the way; actual gold plated heart chambers), and don't usually think of him as the sort to personally do that sort of thing (the assault part, rather than the walking in part; that's a power play I can envision him doing pretty easily for the ego-boost), just talk a big game about it, he's the one who said it.

You are allowed to say whatever you want without retribution from the government except in very specific instances. You are not free of retribution from anyone else. If you would like to compile the worst slander that's come out against Trump from mainstream media outlets (fringe media doesn't count in any direction since it's always batshit insane) recently, we can see whether it's worse than Trump claiming to have grabbed someone's genitals without permission.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:02 pm »

... bloody fuck. Just noticed trump's palm beach speech. Conspiracies of international bankers, folks. After america's sovereignty.

Aaand another point towards "Trump is a Russian puppet" - conspiracy theories like that are incredibly popular over here, to the point that I was encountering things like that in 40+ year old Soviet books written about WW2, which have "proven" (with no real proofs of course) that these "international bankers" were trying to intentionally sabotage lend-lease by giving direct orders to Churchill in order to destroy USSR.
Speaking of Russia, I could swear I saw something about Putin moving nuclear armed missiles along NATO borders? I was just loopy from lack of sleep earlier this week right?

He did move some nuclear capable missiles (whether they're actually nuclear armed, it wasn't said) into Kalingrad, that little chunk of Russia between Poland and Lithuania.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:18 pm »

IIRC it more "nuclear capable medium-range ballistic missile systems getting moved in and out of Kaliningrad". Doesn't make much sense as a threat anyway, there are plenty of nuclear-armed ICBMs in silos that are significantly dangerous than those ones (because they aren't in the stone-throwing range of NATO's entire arsenal), but I guess you can't expect sense from a government that is ham-handedly trying to push Trump for POTUS.
._.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:42 pm »

Yeah. I nearly put something about it (nuclear-capable Iskander-M missiles and mobile missile platforms/support vehicles being sent into Kaliningrad, an enclave of Russia surrounded by EU counties, from which they can  be launched to cover ⅔rds of Poland and other countries besides) in the Non-EU Europe Thread, but I didn't get around to it.

(Yeah, ninjaed. And it isn't so much "so what's more threatening about those than the existing longer-range threats" as "what's the logic behind putting such seemingly small, but not insignificant, pieces of equipment into that place at this point in time".   In a "why did that Chess Grand Master just move that seemingly useless pawn one space forward..?" kind of way.  Is it for a developing play? Is it to send a message? Is it a distractiom from the real attack being, lined up or even an amusing side-move as he toys with me elsewhere and holds back from making a more positive move that could have crushed me earlier?)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:02:10 pm by Starver »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: October 14, 2016, 03:01:54 pm »

Donald Trump, on President Barack Obama: "Why doesn’t some woman say what they say about me about him?"

Maybe it's, oh, I don't know... because he doesn't do such things?

Also, the ADL (Anti-Defamation League) called out Trump on the whole 'global corporate/banking/whatever conspiracy' stuff because it's stuff that anti-semites push.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:07:38 pm by smjjames »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: October 14, 2016, 03:24:08 pm »

Its not just accusations, either.  Hasn't it been mentioned on here recently that he admitted to invading beauty pageant dressing rooms to perv, and that girls as young as 15 were involved?  I mean at this point hasn't he basically admitted guilt to being a pedophile?
You're blatantly ignoring so much of what people are saying.  See my last post.

I blatantly ignored you because it's more gross exaggeration. Trump didn't admit to invading dressing rooms to perv, he stated that he was required to enter dressing rooms as part of his responsibilities managing these pageants. This is just another example of you distorting anything you can to keep your anti-Trump rant going.

Really? What about all the people who've come out and accused him of harassing them? It's not just about what he said on that tape. It's that stuff in conjunction with the accusations against him.

You mean all the people who waited until after Hillary smeared Trump's video all over national news, and then came forth utterly unsubstantiated claims against Trump? Like I said, no credible evidence.

Define credible evidence.

I'll take a stab at this: physical evidence from 5 to 10 years ago that no one can possibly provide, which creates an unreachable burden of proof and allows people like Folly and Trump supporters to go "Nope nope nope nope nope." It's climate change denier logic only in a different arena.

Put another way: "PROVE to me that the sky is blue, because I refuse to trust the shared experience and eyes of the entire human species."

So when someone cries 'Witch!' you think everybody should just pull out their torches and pitchforks and start burning every woman they can catch, huh? Don't make the burden of proof out to be a bad thing.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: October 14, 2016, 03:26:57 pm »

So when someone cries 'Witch!' you think everybody should just pull out their torches and pitchforks and start burning every woman they can catch, huh? Don't make the burden of proof out to be a bad thing.
Well, if those women have been recorded laughing with their friends about dancing around nude under the full moon and devouring children...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: October 14, 2016, 03:31:01 pm »

Trump: Sure, I Deliberately Burst In On Naked Beauty Contestants

"Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that before a show, I'll go backstage and everyone's getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it," Trump said. "You know, I'm inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good."

"You know, the dresses. 'Is everyone okay?' You know, they're standing there with no clothes.

'Is everybody okay?' And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good," he added.

Really, Folly? The statement that he himself made that he walks in on dressing rooms of undressed women doesn't strike you as bad? The polite, non-pervy thing to do would be to announce he was coming in so they could get dressed. Instead he's just happily barging in one women, some underage, because he has to inspect things.

Legal or not, "part of the job" or not, this just doesn't sit well with me.

So, yeah, I'm going to hold it against his character. And I feel that character matters for the President of the United States.

Not gossip, not 'media exaggerations for a story', but stuff the guy has admitted to doing himself.

That's the thing with Trump. Even ignoring everything else people say about him, accusations made against him, whatever, just listening to what he's said himself on record that we can all go watch/listen to is enough to turn my stomach.

And, yes, those things make me more likely to believe the rest of the stuff leveled against him. Because a scum bag is pretty likely to do scummy things.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:38:51 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: October 14, 2016, 03:36:54 pm »

Meph, your quote tags are slightly off.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: October 14, 2016, 03:47:24 pm »

Also, the ADL (Anti-Defamation League) called out Trump on the whole 'global corporate/banking/whatever conspiracy' stuff because it's stuff that anti-semites push.
The (amusingly?) fucked up thing is he most recently rolled out that line in Palm Beach. For those that don't know, it's, uh. Fairly populated by Jews, as the U.S. goes. Double plus bonus being they're, well. In Florida. I.e. a lot of them are old. Dots aren't hard to connect, there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: October 14, 2016, 03:55:42 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-clinton-debate-walk-not-impressed-229810

Somehow Trump thought he was at a podium and Clinton simply walked in front of him. But we all (or most of us at least), saw it, he wasn't at his seat or sitting, he was standing in the middle of the stage, rather closely to Clinton, and glowering at her.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: October 14, 2016, 03:59:35 pm »

Somewhere on 538 I saw an analysis of how he's losing most of the few (25%) Jewish political donors who previously suppported the Republicans, not Democrats.

He's losing 'minority' supporters hand over fist.  He's going to be left with the "not in any kind of a minority" minority supporting him...  Best campaigner the Democrats have had in years, it seems.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: October 14, 2016, 04:08:27 pm »

When you spend your time EARNESTLY (remember, Trump is the straight talker no bullshit no dissembling candidate right?) talking about how you get off on sacrificing babies and then someone in your neighborhood reports a missing child.......then yes, grab your fucking pitchforks and start looking for a dead baby. Trump has never once backed away from his comments about this shit.

Basically the only thing you're saying you'll accept is someone with a red handprint on their ass that exactly matches Trump's tiny little digits.

Whatever though. You've managed to lump yourself in with people that prefer the sound of LALALALALALALAALALA to reality. Maybe you should consider voting Trump after all.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: October 14, 2016, 04:18:04 pm »

The polite, non-pervy thing to do would be to announce he was coming in so they could get dressed. Instead he's just happily barging in one women, some underage, because he has to inspect things.

Legal or not, "part of the job" or not, this just doesn't sit well with me.

So, your an expert on the backstage scene of beauty pageants then? You know what timetables they work under and can thus determine what expectations can reasonably be put forth regarding the access rights of management? I very much doubt it.

Also I find it quite amusing that you are going to such lengths to defend the right of beauty pageant contestants to not be looked upon in a lewd manner. I'm pretty sure they were expecting that sort of thing when they signed up.

When you spend your time EARNESTLY (remember, Trump is the straight talker no bullshit no dissembling candidate right?) talking about how you get off on sacrificing babies and then someone in your neighborhood reports a missing child.......then yes, grab your fucking pitchforks...

So you grab the witch, tie her to a stake and listen to her scream as her flesh chars and melts away, confident that evil is being justly punished. Then ten minutes after the fires burn out, the mother of the missing baby comes out and announces that she found the infant had crawled behind a bookcase and was taking a nap the whole time.
But hey, that girl had it coming for talking about how she could get away with sacrificing babies, right? After all, none of the people you know talk like that, so clearly she must have been guilty of something.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:26:18 pm by Folly »
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 1249