Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1317248 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7020 on: October 14, 2016, 08:01:40 pm »

538 had a good way of putting it.  He openly bragged about these things, then a lot of women came forwards independently.  Now he says they are all liars.  Think about it like a Bayesian.

Unfortunately my current... morals prevents me from sinking someone for unsubstantiated allegations no matter how overwhelming... because it does happen.

But LUCKILY for me... There is plenty of substantiated allegations against Trump!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: October 14, 2016, 08:04:51 pm »

Though, of course, trump's lying there, too. There was some shite about a video and an erection floating about some time or another in the past, apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: October 14, 2016, 08:21:05 pm »

Trump on Lindsay Lohan in 2004: 'Deeply troubled' women are 'always the best in bed'

-snip-

"Can you imagine the sex with this troubled teen?" said Stern.

"Yeah, you're probably right," Trump said. "She's probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed. How come the deeply troubled women, you know, deeply, deeply troubled, they're always the best in bed?"

Stern responded, "Because they're looking for love, they're looking for positive affirmation, they're looking for a father figure who will love them and tell them they're wonderful and they'll never be enough. No matter how many times you tell them they're beautiful, no matter how many times you tell them you love them they want to suck it up more. They would drain you like a vampire until your head caved in if they could get more love."

-snip-

Trump continued in the interview, "Well I have a friend Howard who's actually like a great Playboy, I mean, I don't say this about men, this guy does very well. He runs silent, runs deep as they say, like a submarine. He will only look for a crazy woman. He says, 'Donald, Donald, please, please, I only want the crazy women.'"

"They're desperate," adds Stern.

"What is this guy all about," said Trump. "But for some reason, what I said is true. It's just unbelievable. You don't want to be with them for long term, but for the short term there's nothing like it."

Ey. Trump's idea of best relationship is to exploit a vulnerable person and then dump them. Objectification to the max, ho!
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: October 14, 2016, 08:23:19 pm »

...was my shitty freshman college roommate the atemporal reincarnation of Donald Trump or something?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: October 14, 2016, 08:24:25 pm »

I know that sexual assault is a serious thing and all, but some of these accounts are honestly pretty hilarious.
Folly, please. A lot of people here already think of you as pretty darn close to defending sexual assault, when those people read that it doesn't exactly help your cause in convincing them that you're not a piece of shit. Just think for once.

Donald Trump complained today that no one has accused Obama of sexual assault. I think that *does* say a lot, but not what he thinks it says.

I mean, I could try to play devil's advocate about cultural norms and sexual assault being fuzzy, questionable things in many cases, but I'm not all that willing to go and defend Trump.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: October 14, 2016, 08:40:08 pm »

@sergarr: Howard Stern is just as horrible a person for being an enabler, the shock jock that he is.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: October 14, 2016, 08:43:55 pm »

Trump on Lindsay Lohan in 2004: 'Deeply troubled' women are 'always the best in bed'

-snip-

"Can you imagine the sex with this troubled teen?" said Stern.

"Yeah, you're probably right," Trump said. "She's probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed. How come the deeply troubled women, you know, deeply, deeply troubled, they're always the best in bed?"

Stern responded, "Because they're looking for love, they're looking for positive affirmation, they're looking for a father figure who will love them and tell them they're wonderful and they'll never be enough. No matter how many times you tell them they're beautiful, no matter how many times you tell them you love them they want to suck it up more. They would drain you like a vampire until your head caved in if they could get more love."

-snip-

Trump continued in the interview, "Well I have a friend Howard who's actually like a great Playboy, I mean, I don't say this about men, this guy does very well. He runs silent, runs deep as they say, like a submarine. He will only look for a crazy woman. He says, 'Donald, Donald, please, please, I only want the crazy women.'"

"They're desperate," adds Stern.

"What is this guy all about," said Trump. "But for some reason, what I said is true. It's just unbelievable. You don't want to be with them for long term, but for the short term there's nothing like it."

Ey. Trump's idea of best relationship is to exploit a vulnerable person and then dump them. Objectification to the max, ho!
Is it just me, or does Trump's "I have a friend" thing totally sound like "I'm asking for a friend..."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: October 14, 2016, 08:54:24 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics/donald-trump-teleprompters/index.html As crazy as his staff seem to be for working with a guy like Trump, still gotta have a bit of sympathy for them (his campaign manager especially) for what they have to deal with.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: October 14, 2016, 09:02:38 pm »

I know that sexual assault is a serious thing and all, but some of these accounts are honestly pretty hilarious.

One woman's account is basically, "So I went to a club with some friends, and some guy put his hand up my skirt. One of my friends said she thought it might have been Donald Trump, because he had eyebrows." Unsurprisingly, the friend could not be reached for comment.

Another woman's account, "Donald Trump invited me to his cottage, we made out until I told him he was tripping, and after that we had a fair and professional relationship. I was totally okay with the encounter at the time, but now many years later I want to call it sexual assault so that I can get my 15 minutes in the spotlight."
Still going to bat for a serial sex attacker, huh?
You and I have very different definitions of hilarious.

And I'm going to go waaaaaaay out on a limb here and guess that you are lying about the accounts of victims to belittle them in order to make a sex criminal look less bad.  Because horrible, misogynistic people do that every time a woman comes forward.

538 had a good way of putting it.  He openly bragged about these things, then a lot of women came forwards independently.  Now he says they are all liars.  Think about it like a Bayesian.
Remember how less than a week ago Trump brought out Clinton's accusers and said they should be believed? Funny how that has changed now that his long string of sex attacks have come to light.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: October 14, 2016, 09:05:22 pm »

Ok... The only reason I am going to tell you to back it up from Folly at to treat what he says more seriously.

Is because he isn't the only person who shares his viewpoint and maaaaybe dealing with it instead of pushing it aside might do us better right now.

Alleged. Unless he was convicted several times or we have substantiated proof right now. >_>
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:07:02 pm by Neonivek »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: October 14, 2016, 09:07:39 pm »

Yeah the women whose allegations were investigated intensely for what, two years without evidence?

But the sad thing is that if it was happening today they wouldn't have stopped after two years and no evidence.  The rules have changed.

Ok... The only reason I am going to tell you to back it up from Folly at to treat what he says more seriously.

Is because he isn't the only person who shares his viewpoint and maaaaybe dealing with it instead of pushing it aside might do us better right now.

Treating a denier like they have a good point doesn't solve the problem.  It's what causes the denialists problem in the first place.

If you want to discuss why deniers deny, sure that is a legitimate question.  But dont act like they are anything but deniers.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:09:15 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: October 14, 2016, 09:10:01 pm »

Treating a denier like they have a good point doesn't solve the problem.  It's what causes the denialists problem in the first place.

It is only when they bog the system. Yet Folly is the only one here.

Also "Denier"? His problem isn't that he supposes Trump's innocence or doubts all the claims put against him...

I actually find the whole way we treat these situations to be deplorable on both ends frankly (one of the many reasons why I support the media lockout until verdict is reached law)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:11:43 pm by Neonivek »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: October 14, 2016, 09:12:07 pm »

Alleged. Unless he was convicted several times or we have substantiated proof right now. >_>
Totally agree on both points.
Alienating wrongthinkers is something conservatives do, we're supposed to be better than that.
And Trump is innocent until proven guilty...  And allegations are cheap.
His own words, both back then and in the present, are enough to bury him.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: October 14, 2016, 09:13:38 pm »

Alienating wrongthinkers is something conservatives do, we're supposed to be better than that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: October 14, 2016, 09:17:06 pm »

Also "Denier"? His problem isn't that he supposes Trump's innocence or doubts all the claims put against him...

I have a serious problem with the fact that you expect someone stating the obvious truth to jump through hoops of semantic bullshit while you enable someone trying to justify truly sickening behavior.

Call it denial, call it bullshit, call it nurble, I dont give a damn.  You know what it is.  He is pretending that Trump, obvious sex offender, is not.  Maybe he believes it.  Maybe he is just being edgy.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 1249