Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1297159 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7065 on: October 15, 2016, 02:01:08 am »

it's clear that, factually, he has committed a string of sex attacks

These may seem like clear facts to someone who approaches every new piece of evidence dead-set on using it to incriminate Trump. But to an objective observer, it's clear that many of these 'facts' are nothing more than shoddy supposition. You don't care about justice, you just want to see Trump burn. Frankly, it's a disgrace to the real victims of sexual assault to be associated with this type of farce.
We're not talking about a rich and well connected man with no history of bragging about this shit, we're not talking about someone who has never had women coming forward for at least 20 years worth of stories you can find on the internet--which isn't really surprising given the state of the internet at that time--talking about him doing this to them, but it sounds like you are trying to talk about that guy.

If the Dalai Lama was recorded saying he likes to grab women by the pussy, and then women came forward saying a man who is supposed to be the incarnation of the buddha of compassion had done this to them... pointing out that we're talking about the Dalai Fucking Lama here is a good reason to ask what the hell is going on before we start damning the dude.

Trump is the incarnation of pudgy sheltered rich boys who are used to getting what they want, he's the fucking avatar of their god, "glory to the Trump" they say "if that disgusting looking bastard can bang models, there is hope for us all!" before they light an effigy of him composed out of $100 bills on fire.

Speaking of backstage, anybody here know any strippers outside of the club? This is a job where being ogled is kinda important. Know who is allowed backstage? Strippers only, know who is allowed to touch who? They can touch you, that's it. Know why this stuff is specified in signs in various places around the clubs? This is a place where it is considered likely that customers might go too far, so they keep reminding them how far they can go, and what will happen if they cross that line.

Funny idea though, huh, that women and men who are going out on stage intending to wind up nude have a specific area of the building where they can change in and out of clothes without the manager just busting in "ok ladies, let's see how everythings lookin' today" because "hey, I own the joint" or whatever.

Crazy that there might be a different power dynamic between a stripper up on a stage with customers down around it, vs some changing backstage with their employer walking in.

Is it ok for the manager of "Jigglebitties" or "Rod and Tackle" to walk backstage, head into the dressing rooms, and just kinda take in the sights, even knowing they've probably seen literally every inch of those in there?

Huh, I'm gonna say no, because those rooms are put there for a bit of privacy and somewhere to get ready or wind down without having to perform.

So why is there any sort of issue understanding why a pageant or whatnot, which doesn't require being nude for customers, might expect at least the same level of privacy for the dressing room?

We will only have stability when Toady finally cracks and holds moderator elections. The winners will be myself, maniac, and LW. They will ban each other, I will ban the survivors, Toady will ban me.

All will return to zero.
I am officially tossing my hat into the ring for the moderator elections.

I promise that I will never abuse my authority, and I will rain down fire on all who oppose me in a fair and balanced manner.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: October 15, 2016, 02:25:34 am »

Trump is working his hardest to make people forget about the sexual assault thing. And it's working.

We're all here talking about November 28th and Nuclear Warming instead of about the multiple women who've come out since the tape thing saying he assaulted them. Trump's main tactic is derailment rather than reining things in or releasing apology statements, so it makes sense that the more shit he's in, the more desperate he is to change the topic, so he starts mouthing off even more unbelievable shit.

It could be an example of behavior that's always worked for him in the past, so he's continuing it now, except now when you're running for president, people tend to track what you've said much more closely than before. The same thing happened to Herman Cain with his "a great poet once said" thing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:29:24 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: October 15, 2016, 02:37:51 am »

I'm probably slow at this, but Trump's latest outbursts could be signs of his narcissism. Narcissists live on attention, but they are thin skinned against criticism. You'd think being a narcissist would make a good politician, but not really. A president needs to be poised and confident. Narcissists seek attention to shore up a lack of inner confidence.

Trump is acting the clown now, because he's happy to be "Trump the goofy class clown", getting attention for the silly things he says - especially since being non-intellectual can actually be a positive - rather than universally scorned as "Trump the sleazy rapist".
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:41:22 am by Reelya »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: October 15, 2016, 03:02:03 am »

You're thinking egotist.

Narcissists could give less of a shit what other people think; they love themselves just fine.

No like seriously please don't conflate the two. Humor me on this.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: October 15, 2016, 03:03:12 am »

The term you're looking for is "histrionic".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: October 15, 2016, 04:02:16 am »

Spoiler: "nuclear warming"??? (click to show/hide)
Who, what, and - above all the holy webhosts - why is that even an image???

(ETA: Even with the most wasteful alternate text encoding schema, that's nearly 200 times more data than necessary, and I still don't know which of various possible nutjobs said it...  (This is a rant from someone who used dial-up before the millenium, obviously it means nothing to anybody these days.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:14:48 am by Starver »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: October 15, 2016, 08:43:25 am »

Linkage to whereever he said that? He seems to have somehow confused 'Nuclear Winter' with 'Global Warming'

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: October 15, 2016, 08:46:41 am »

Linkage to whereever he said that? He seems to have somehow confused 'Nuclear Winter' with 'Global Warming'

If it were anyone else... I'd assume "Nuclear warming" would be some sort of phrase about people becoming more comfortable with the idea of using nukes against people.

But I... don't think nuclear bombs have had a significant impact on our weather.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: October 15, 2016, 08:49:42 am »

Not in terms of direct heating (that I know of), but the fallout can cause nuclear winter as it blocks the sun.
Which you probably know, just saiyan.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: October 15, 2016, 09:02:21 am »

If it were anyone else... I'd assume "Nuclear warming" would be some sort of phrase about people becoming more comfortable with the idea of using nukes against people.

But I... don't think nuclear bombs have had a significant impact on our weather.

It probably requires hundreds or even thousands of nukes all at once to do that. Obviously one or two, or three a year (during the nuclear testing period) doesn't have an effect on global temperatures At least no more than a large volcanic eruption would.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: October 15, 2016, 09:35:03 am »

You can see a video on wapo here. And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been conflating something with global warming considering his previous comments on the subject.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: October 15, 2016, 09:51:25 am »

Unless he was senile.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7077 on: October 15, 2016, 10:03:11 am »

Everybody knows that Trump is really a rudimentary AI anyway.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: October 15, 2016, 10:05:25 am »

I'm running a pen and paper rpg where one of the BBEG is an AI in a Trump suit.  ;D
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: October 15, 2016, 10:52:25 am »

Everybody knows that Trump is really a rudimentary AI anyway.
That would explain his extremely poor vocabulary, run-on sentences and overall lack of coherent thought...

but who would be evil enough to release something like Trump into public?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 1249